6/19 Mr Tinkles

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Laurie and Mr Tinkles, Jun 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laurie and Mr Tinkles

Laurie and Mr Tinkles Well-Known Member

Wacky #s last night, high ps#, nice +7, but lower +11....hmmm, seen this before. I ran out of test strips, so I fed, then went for strips. Got back at +14 381. :YMSIGH: Shot 2.0u, even though I had planned to decrease AM dose to skinny 2.0u. My gut tells me that was a mistake, but we'll see.

2. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

Hmmmm, not 100% sure what's up, but my 1st thought is that the skinny 2u was a hair too high last night, I'd probably pull back to 1.8-ish on the next shot. I think the full 2u is fine this AM, since the shot was at +14 you will have lost overlap most likely, so the #s on this cycle may be on the higher side anyway.

Hope today goes great!!! :D

3. Laurie and Mr Tinkles

My gut tells me that those #s last night were a result of changing dose, just a curveball to be ignored. I've seen it before, and holding steady smoothed things out. That's why I think a skinny 2u was the way to go. Increasing back to 2u will probably just cause more wacky #s. Oh well, we'll see. :mrgreen:

4. Hope and Aria

Hope and Aria Member

You shot late, so the raise back to a full 2 might still be fine. Are you using U100's or U40's. If you're not using the U100's, I highly recommend the switch when reducing dosage. You can reduce by such a small amount and be sure you're giving the same amount each time.

5. Laurie and Mr Tinkles

I switched to the u100 syringes almost 2 weeks ago. They are much better for small dose adjustments, shorter needles for less fur shots and smaller gauge needles for more comfortable injections! :smile:

I'm really annoyed with myself for running out of test strips. I was rushing to get his shot in ASAP so i didn't consider the dose as carefully as I normally do....I hope I didn't goof up his progress. :-x

6. Hope and Aria

Hope and Aria Member

Sweetie, you are doing more for Mr Tinkles than most pet owners (other than our fabulous group here) usually do. We've all run out of something at one time or another. I remember pulling the last strip out of my Relion box and then screwing up the test royally and going to 2 Walmarts to find strips. The reason I stuck with the Ultima over the Micro (and it's itsy bitsy blood drop) was because I can order those online and they deliver quickly. And even then, I've ended up having to run out to multiple stores. ohmygod_smile Just one of those things.

He looks like he's doing well. I think the 1.8 was a good move and I've got my fingers crossed for some happy #'s :)

7. Laurie and Mr Tinkles

Thanks Hope, I appreciate the support. I know you're right, I just hate the thought of a setback at this point! It's funny that you said you screwed up the test with your last strip, when I pulled it out of the box, I had a moment of panic, thinking "Now, don't screw this up, make sure you get enough blood...." :lol:

The 2.0u was definitely too high. On the bright side, it looks like the fat 1.8u was better, but still a little high. Looks like he needs another micro-step down. :smile: It seems like he's still on track, whew.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.