? 6/19 Toby's AMPS=245+7=335 PMPS=318

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Peg and Toby, Jun 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peg and Toby

Peg and Toby Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/6-18-tobys-amps-302-pmps-247.159741/Toby seems better today. Do the cats with lymphnoma poop very large poos. Toby poops 7 to 8 inch long poos. He might poop a couple time a day for 2 or 3 days and then it's like he full of poop and he might go 4 times in a day. They are kind of an orange color and look like clay. When he had the diarrhea it came out looking the same as his vomit. I guess it's just wishful thinking that he may have something other than cancer. Just grasping at straws.

Hugs and prayers to all in need today,

Last edited: Jun 19, 2016
  2. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Peg I am glad Tobey seems better but, I do not know about the frequency of poops and the volume because of the lymphoma. Maybe others with experience with it will weigh in. Sending healing vines to Toby. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Unfortunately, I do have a couple of cats with GI lymphoma. Neither of them have poos that sound like Toby's, but they are both on a mostly raw food diet, which means a different look. And they'll often go every other day. There's a lot less "junk" in raw food, so the poos are usually smaller/thinner. Are you giving Toby probiotics now?

I'm glad Toby seems better today. :bighug:

4. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

Very glad to hear Toby had a better day. I too don't know much about his poop situation. Sending lots of vines and prayers :bighug::bighug:

5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Toby had a better day. I don't know about the poop either. Sending prayers.

6. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I think with lymphoma it is more likely that they will have loose stool or constipation. Tiffany had pudding stool but usually once a day. Is it normal in consistency and color? Is he eating any more than usual? Is he maintaining his weight? If so this would not concern me.

7. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Sorry not to be of help, Peg, but glad that Toby is feeling better today.

Yo Toby, full moon party tomorrow night. See ya there!
    Rusty

8. Peg and Toby

He never pooped like this until he started losing weight. I always had to give him miralax. I asked the vet. about it and even brought in a stool. They tested it said no blood abnormal clay like stool. He is hungry all the time. Unless it's the day he has the poop buildup. It's like he is pooping his body away. When I weighed him the other day he had lost a few more oz. Since this has started he has gone from 16 LBs to 12 LBs 3-1/2 oz. I wish I could find some way to stop the weight loss. when they did the ultrasound they said all his organs looked good a little thicking of the intestines but then they saw the lymph nodes enlarged at the end of his intestines. They thought it was a mass but when they sent it to Texas they said it was his lymph nodes. They said they could test further by putting him out and doing a needle biopsy. they said they were pretty sure it was Lymphnoma DH and I didn't want to put him through any more. Every time he goes to the vets. He gets so depressed that he can't even walk when he gets home. The last time when he stayed over night they told me to take him home because he was so depressed he went down hill all day. I don't think they expected him to last this long. They told me to take him home and keep him comfortable maybe I would have a little while with him. Like I said I'm grasping at straws at this point.

9. Doodles & Karen

How many oz a day is he eating? I wonder if MaxCal would help with is weight.

10. Peg and Toby

He was eating 3 cans of FF 3.5 oz a day. Now he wants hard food so he won't eat all his FF he waits until I give him some hard food. I think it is because I am adding pumpkin and the digestive enzymes. Where do you get the MaxCal?

11. Doodles & Karen

The MaxCal is a prescription food https://www.chewy.com/iams-veterinary-formula-maximum/dp/47321

Have you thought about syringing the pumpkin & enzymes (with water) or putting that in something else besides his food? Trust me...my Mr. Finicky knows when there is something in his food. Doesn't sound like Toby can afford not to eat all his fuds. The MaxCal is 56 calories an ounce and about 9% carbs. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Cats will starve themselves before eating something they don't want.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.