6/2 Donovan dental surgery today - NEW update

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by MJ+Donovan, Jun 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MJ+Donovan

MJ+Donovan Well-Known Member

previous condo: http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=44463

I'm taking Donovan for surgery shortly. Don't know how extensive it will be until they get in there. Hopefully nothing too difficult and of course I don't want any complications nailbite_smile. Cardiologist did not seem concerned at this point, and his BGs have been low blues recently.

Please pray for my wonderful Donny. I hope Butthead's spirit will be watching over him too...

MJ&Donovan

2. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Re: 6/2 Donovan dental surgery today

Sending good dental surgery vines to Donovan, today.

3. Miriam and Putty (GA)

Miriam and Putty (GA) Well-Known Member

Will be thinking good thought for you and Donovan today.
    I am sure sweet Butthead is watching over both of you.

4. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

MJ, I'll be sending prayers up today, for good dental surgery, for your sweet Donovan, and for your peace of mind.

Barb

5. Karrie and Maverick

Karrie and Maverick Well-Known Member

Will be thinking of you and Donovan today and refreshing my screen constantly checking for updates.

((((((((Donovan))))))))))

6. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

6/2 Donovan dental surgery today

MJ, I'm adding my prayers and vines for Donny's dental; Butthead's spirit will be watching over him. I'll be watching for updates. Sending calming vines for you. Hugs

7. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Prayers for you and Donovan for his dental today!

8. Melissa & Tarragon

Melissa & Tarragon Well-Known Member

Thinking of you and Donovan today! Hope it all goes well!

9. doombuggy

doombuggy Well-Known Member

Sending a special prayer to St Francis for intercession on Donovan's dental today. Cedric sends his hugs to you!

10. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

The best of dental and good health/no complications vines for Donny.

11. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

I will be keeping you and Donny in my thoughts today and praying for a successful procedure.

12. MJ+Donovan

He's there, and now I wait. I arrived early so sat in the parking lot with him in my lap for about 15 min. Poor Donny was shaking :sad:. I printed out his recent BGs so they would know what to expect, and left his meter/strips/pokeys since it sounded like they want to test before/during/after surgery just in case. He may be done mid-afternoon. Until then, I am gripping my chaplet of St. Jude for dear life. Just had a bad feeling this morning, and still feel sick to my stomach. Trying to stay calm.

Thank you for your prayers...

MJ&Donovan

13. Iorwen & Tray

Iorwen & Tray Well-Known Member

Praying for an easy dental for Donovan with no complications. I'm sure Butthead will be watching over him.

14. Tena and Curry(GA)

Tena and Curry(GA) Well-Known Member

Sending prayers and good thoughts for you and Donny.

Guardian Angel Al is holding sweet Donny's paw and telling him kitty stories. He hold him until the dental procedure is complete and Donny is wide awake.

Update when you can.

((((((MJ))))))) (((((((Donny))))))

15. Karrie and Maverick

Wish we were all closer MJ.

[​IMG]

16. bev5477

bev5477 Well-Known Member

Sending healing prayers Donovan's way today.

17. Rocket & his Mom

Rocket & his Mom Well-Known Member

PRAYING REALLY HARD FOR DONOVAN!

I know you are nervous....i will watch for updates later....i know everything will be alright!!!! praying praying praying.....

18. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

Hi guys .. I know you are nervous but we also know the power of LL .. Donovan will be done in no time and back home with you safe and sound :YMHUG:

19. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

((((((MJ))))))) Thinking of you and Donovan today and I'll be watching for updates.
    Sending lots of hugs and healing thoughts your way. ♡♡♡

20. Patty & Champ

Patty & Champ Well-Known Member

I'll be thinking of you and Donovan today and praying for an excellent outcome!!!

21. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

MJ, Sending lots of good thoughts and prayers for Donovan's dental procedure. I know that Butthead will be watching over him and giving him courage. I hope that all will go smoothly and that Donny will be home soon.

Many :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: s

Ella & Rusty

22. MJ+Donovan

Dental vet just called after doing Donovan's oral exam/x-rays. Donny's problems are more severe than anticipated (guess my primary vet was right after all). She recommends extracting almost all of his teeth, and noted that his lower jaw has major issues and is probably severely infected, but may even be the evil C word that I will not let enter my mind now. They will do a biopsy on the area to be sure. Poor poor Donny... :sad:

But other than that, he's doing OK.
    Keep praying please.

MJ&Donovan

23. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

PRAYERS & EASY DENTAL vibes to dear Donovan today--I'm sure he will be fine...Both my cats had multiple dentals, extractions, and both came out just fine!! Paws & fingers crossed for a quick & easy time-
    I know you are worried especailly right now, but Donny is going to be fine--Vet should call you to tell you what's in there, so please update asap--Hugs & Love from us!!

24. Sherry & Zoe (GA)

Sherry & Zoe (GA) Well-Known Member

((((MJ))))) Thoughts and prayers for an easy dental for Donovan. The waiting is the hardest part....know that we are all waiting with you.....

25. Karrie and Maverick

MJ - will they be placing an etube to help him eat after as he is diabetic? WIsh I could give you a real hug. We are thinking of you and your boy Donovan non stop today.

26. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

virtually holding your hand today, mj, while you wait for news on your sweetie. :YMHUG:

27. tessielou

tessielou Member

MJ, just finished a prayer for your Donny. I am going to think about him and envision the most beautiful golden healing light around him today.

Remember, we are a powerful group here at LL! Donny is going to be okay. Take a breath.

HUGS,
    Sandy and Tessie Lou

28. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Sending tons of good dental vines and healing white light for Donny. I know lots of kitties do well with multiple extractions, Tess is missing quite a few. Special prayers for the biopsy.
    [​IMG]

29. MJ+Donovan

Thanks everyone.
    No news yet.
    Not worried about Donovan adjusting with fewer teeth. He inhales his food rather than chewing anyway :roll:, and maybe this will make him think twice about stealing kibble. More concerned about complications and/or worst case scenario.

tick tock tick tock... nailbite_smile

30. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

((((MJ)))) Keeping Donny in our prayers and thinking really good thoughts. Sending you lots of hugs.

Ella & Rusty (who had 8 or 9 teeth extracted last summer)

:YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

31. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Mannie and I send thousands of healing vines, and positive thoughts, You are in our prayers today. I am sorry for the extent of the surgery, and I do so hope that it will make things better for him. Extra special prayers on the biopsy.

HUGS!!

32. Laurie and Mr Tinkles

Laurie and Mr Tinkles Well-Known Member

(((MJ)))

Sending tons of vines and prayers and all the positive thoughts I can for Donny and you! It's so hard to wait.

33. Iorwen & Tray

thinking positive thoughts and the evil C word away.
    Praying, praying and praying

34. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Never thought I'd say this.... but I hope it is a bad infection. The right antibiotic treatment will take care of that for Donovan.
    Many hugs for the cutie Foldie Coonie.

Praying for a good outcome and no c - no where, no how, no way. ((((((MJ)))))

35. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

MJ: sending white light and snowflakes and just hoping with CD that this is just bone infection and not anything else. We're sending you prayers and thoughts and everything we can muster.

36. Rocket & his Mom

still praying all goes well and no C word to be mentioned.....

37. Georgia and Simon (GA)

Georgia and Simon (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending tons and tons of prayers your way. Hoping to hear good news on the gums and no C word. Hugs!

38. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

((MJ))
    Prayers for Donny. You know we are all there with you and Butthead
    is shining down on your boy to keep him safe.

39. MJ+Donovan

[heart attack]
    Was just about to call them since I hadn't heard back all afternoon. I truly was thinking the worst.

Donovan is awake now. His lower jaw bone is badly infected, but she is hopeful that it isn't the evil C. Will get a biopsy anyway. I need to know. She removed all but 3 teeth, and he'll be on heavy duty antibiotics and pain meds (fentanyl patch and bupe). Leaving now to pick him up, so will be away for at least 2 hrs.

THANK YOU all

MJ&Donovan

40. Linda and Bear Man

I hope he has a comfortable night with the good drugs and all of the pampering you are going to give him. I never thought I would be happy to hear about a badly infected jaw, but I am glad that it looks optimistic for now, and I will send anti-C vines for the biopsy.

41. julie & punkin (ga)

i can imagine you're going to be thrilled to hold him! :D

42. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

That is all optimistic news, and I hope the antibiotics help Donny feel better. LL prayers and Butthead's spirit all helped. I bet you can't wait to hold him. Hugs.

43. Karrie and Maverick

Glad he will be home with you soon. Ouch. I'm curious why she left any teeth at all. Won't that be awkward having just three teeth?

(((((MJ)))))) (((((Donovan)))))

44. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

I'm sending all sorts of good thoughts/vibes/snowflakes and anything else that occurs to me for Donny to have a good night and a good pathology report. Poor baby. No shrimps unless you put them in the blender!

I hope you have some baby food on hand for Donny and chocolate and/or ice cream for you. (Or a very large alcoholic beverage of your choice.)

45. Amy&TrixieCat

Poor Donny...hopefully he'll be feeling much better very quickly. Healing prayers for the little guy....

46. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

Aww, MJ, I'm so sorry you and Donovan are going through this. He will feel much better afterwards, he was probably very sore before the dental. He will adjust quickly to the new gums and bite - I think you'll be surprised how quickly he'll bounce back. Take it easy tonight, and make his food slurpy going forward.
    ((( Hugs to you all. )))
    P.S. Don't forget probiotics while he's on the ABs. Fortiflora, or even a human form sprinkled.

47. Tena and Curry(GA)

Tena and Curry(GA) Well-Known Member

Bless your heart MJ. What a day for you. And poor Donny. Glad you took him to get the dental. Lots of hugs and healing vines for you guys.

48. Steph and Java(GA)

Steph and Java(GA) Member

Geez, poor Donny. I am glad he is ok and probably home with you by now. Healing vines and snowflakes!

49. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh , poor Donovan. I hope the pain meds keep him comfortable while he heals.
    Praying for a good pathology report on the jaw. Praying for peace of mind for you. It hurts so much, when our babies hurt.
    Barb

50. Marje and Gracie

Also praying for a clean pathology report......any idea when you will know? I hope Donovan has good pain meds and will get some rest tonight. Keeping him in our prayers....sending more healing vines and BIG HUGS.

51. Rocket & his Mom

hoping that Donovan will be ok at home tonight....poor guy....no teeth but 3.....yes...pain med is a must!!!!! (((MJ)))(((Donovan)))

52. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Hi MJ, So glad to hear that Donny came through the surgery fine and that the doctor thinks his jaw infection is just that: an infection. You must be home with him by now and we are wishing you both a good evening with lots of snuggles and all that good pain medicine to help Donny feel better. I hope that you get the pathology report soon so that your mind can be at rest. Healing vines for sure, and maybe a visit from KTSS tomorrow, when Donny begins to feel a bit better.

HUGS!

Ella & Rusty

53. doombuggy

doombuggy Well-Known Member

I'm offering up special prayers to St Francis to comfort & be with Donovan; to St Peregrine to make sure it's not cancer; and Blessed Pope John Paul II to give you some comfort & strength (awesome guy who is sorley missed).

Please know that I understand how you feel about him loosing his teeth. Midora had slightly less than 1/2 her teeth before she passed away at age 13. She had that gum disease that some cats get. She was still able to eat without a problem, although I did not give her much chunky (her favorite was FF chicken hearts & liver tho). She did eat the Hill Perscription diet W/D dry for her bowel problems, but those nuggets were so small she probably just swallowed them. She ate fine though. so did the toothless cat that used to live at my vet's office.

Things will get better!

Cedric sends his hugs!

54. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Hi MJ - I am glad that things went well for Donovan today, if well is the right word choice. It sounds like he survived the procedure just fine, and that the issues found are controllable. I pray for a good pathology report, as if this is OK to say - that it is just an infection. I wish you guys a good evening, lots of cuddles and kitty support. Mannie says the KTSS will be by when Donny is ready for company.

Have a great night MJ, your boy is home now.

55. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

((((MJ)))) ((((Donovan))))

what a rough day you had, but it sounds like the outcome is promising for now. We'll continue to keep the vines coming for Donovan.

56. Tracy & Leo

Tracy & Leo Well-Known Member

Hi MJ and Donny too,

Poor kitty, I'm hoping he does well with the pain meds tonight and is on the mend. Hoping and wishing Donny's jaw is JUST an infection and it heals smoothly.

((((((Donny))))))

57. MJ+Donovan

Sorry to be so late in updating, but it took much longer than expected to go over all the details of the surgery and aftercare, prepare Donovan to go home, and then deal with traffic, etc. I have been with him since we got home, and as advised just gave him some bupe to tide him over until the fentanyl kicks in. Offered some babyfood after, but he was still kinda cheesed off about the bupe invasion and refused it, so he went to his special invisible hidey place and I left the bowl of food there with him. He's very very sleepy and stoned looking, but able to walk steadily when he chooses. He's been sleeping with his eyes mostly open :shock:, and purring a lot... perhaps a self-soothing mechanism? Dripping some bloody drool from his mouth, which is to be expected. According to the report, there is one tooth on the top and three on the bottom, but I have not looked myself. Don't want to bug him so soon after surgery. Biopsy results should be available next week nailbite_smile. They did multiple BGs throughout the day, and all were in the low 200s as I recall. PMBG a little while ago was 223. They only used their meter once and then used mine for the rest, so only got whacked $26 the one time. Total damage was over $3K. There was no question that I would do whatever I could to "fix" him, but *ouch*.

I can scan the dental photos/x-rays/report if anyone's interested. Haven't made complete sense of it yet. I've just been trying to keep him calm and relaxed. He seems a bit confused (like Hey, where the Hell did my teeth go?) but vet says ultimately he'll feel much better. Funny he didn't show any signs of having pain in his mouth :?

Long day, and I think i'm as tired as Donny now. Thank you from the bottom of my heart all for your good thoughts and prayers.

MJ&Donovan

58. MJ+Donovan

Forgot to mention that on the way home there was a HUGE rainbow in the sky...

59. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

I hope you both sleep well. Have a good night MJ and Donny.

60. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

OMG I am so so sorry for the day you had!!! Look it is behind you now & Donny is on the way to healing--
    LL is gathering all our Prayers & Healing Vines to send to our dear friend Donovan, to make him feel a lot better by tomorrow ---I am thinking of you & holding you both in my heart!
    Please stay calm & take care of your little boy, he really needs the pain meds, and you could use some sleep.
    Hugs & love to you & Donny tonite & may he feel much better tomorrow!

61. Ann & Tess GA

Sending more white light and vines for a quick recovery. I think the rainbow was a sign from Butthead, he is watching over bro!

62. Marje and Gracie

Obviously Butthead watching out over Donovan. Thank you for updating us. I'm so glad he's home safe and sound. Also hope you both get some rest....what a long day. I'm sure the meds will control his pain but there's still discomfort. Tomorrow will be better. Prayers on negative on the tests.

63. Christie & Willie (GA)

Christie & Willie (GA) Well-Known Member

So sorry for the day you've had, MJ... I hope the rainbow Butthead sent you brought you a smile. Thoughts and prayers with crossed fingers and paws for a good pathology report and quick healing for Donny. Willie doesn't really have any teeth at this point, and he manages just fine. He gets a little drooly when gumming on a purebites, but otherwise all is good! Willie says he'll whip up a liver smoothie for Donny that will have him feeling better in no time! I hope you can get some rest this evening!

64. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

no doubt Butthead is watching over Donovan!
    sending healing vines and holding positive thoughts for a clean path report...

(((hugs)))

65. julie & punkin (ga)

so glad he's home, stoned but well. :lol: he's likely feeling no pain . . . lovely to have the gift of a beautiful rainbow!

66. Cheryl & Whiskers (GA)

Cheryl & Whiskers (GA) Member

(((((((((MJ & Donny))))))))

I think of you often. I am so glad that Donny is home with you.

Love & Hugs.

67. Karrie and Maverick

((((((MJ and Donovan)))))) I am with you and the others on the rainbow. That is a message/sign for sure. He's watching over you guys.

68. Iorwen & Tray

I agree about the rainbow, for sure of sign, how comforting.

Sending recovering vines for Donovan.

69. tessielou

tessielou Member

MJ, what a wonderful sign from Butthead for Donny. I think the purring is he's just so darned happy to be HOME! What an ordeal. What a difference a day makes. One day things are fine, the next, you're spending $3K and waiting on a biopsy. :YMSIGH: At least the vet does not think it's c******.

I think it's so great that his BGs stayed so good through it all. And, once healed, he is going to feel soooo great! :D

70. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

((((MJ)))) I hope Donny is feeling much better today. You and Donny have my continued prayers. That rainbow sounds like a sign that Butthead was watching over you. ((((HUGS)))) to you and Donny.

71. MJ+Donovan

Donovan is more alert today, but still not interested in food or water. He *may* have licked some tuna juice, but no witnesses to that. I chose not to start the Clindamycin this morning since he hadn't eaten anything. I'll do that tonight. He activated his cloaking device and disappeared, but luckily I found his new hidey place. He's responsive and purring but seems to want to be left alone. When I get home from work I'll try taking him outside for some fresh air.

MJ&Donovan

p.s. also found something I lost SEVEN YEARS ago, and had completely given up finding it.
    Maybe Butthead is sending signs...

72. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Hi MJ, Sounds like a good morning even if Donny doesn't feel like eating yet. He will when he wants to. Butthead is certainly watching out for you and sending you loving messages. How wonderful is that!!

Sending feel better vines to Donny and hope he is having a pretty good day.

Ella & Rusty

73. Lauren&Tommy (GA)

Lauren&Tommy (GA) Well-Known Member

MJ, I'm so sorry Donovan had to go through that yesterday and I also am praying that his jaw is just infected and that's it, nothing more. I'm also very glad to hear that he's feeling a bit better today. Tomorrow he'll feel even better. Having Butthead bring you a rainbow is well, nothing short of a miracle. I'm glad he's watching over you and Donovan. That's pretty special.
    Thank you for also checking up on me and Tommy on dental day and also today, I appreciate it very much.

74. Marje and Gracie

We hope he feels better tonight....I can only imagine how much pain that must be. Cats are unbelievable. Hugs, healing vines, and prayers.

75. MJ+Donovan

Donovan ate some late today. Not his usual piggy self, but he'll adjust I think. He didn't want watered down canned food or baby food. He wanted *regular* canned food or finely cut-up deli turkey meat. I'll indulge him...

76. Amy&TrixieCat

Sounds like he's starting to feel better...great news!

77. jan and Hep and sara (GA)

jan and Hep and sara (GA) Well-Known Member

MJ,

Glad that Donny is home and hoping for good news re the biopsy. Sounds like he's doing pretty good and I'm sure he'll feel much better after he heals and this ordeal is over. That waiting must have been nerve shattering for you, I know how I would feel.

My thoughts are with you and Donny. Hoping he feels back to himself soon.

(((MJ))) (((Donovan)))

78. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

It's good to hear Donovan is acting more like himself. I hope you're doing OK.

79. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Angela & Blackie & 3 Others Well-Known Member

Sending tons of healing vines for little Donovan. How's his appetite this morning?

I think Butthead is sending you signs. :) I believe he's still with you, and he always will be. :)

80. MJ+Donovan

Donovan's appetite is approaching normal today. Oddly, he still wants nothing to do with baby food; he wants his normal wet fuds. Usually baby food is a fantastic treat and he'll hear that distinctive *pop* miles away. I put on his harness and took him out for a bit, and he sniffed around and tried munching some grass. He'll have to figure out a new way to do that. He's drooling a bit but it's not nearly as bloody as it was at first. I think he's still wondering where the hell his teeth are...

Here is a dental diagram of Donny's mouth. There is a detailed list for the abbreviations, but the short version is UR/UL = upper right/left, LR/LL = lower right/left, "X" = extraction or tooth or remains, and white boxes are teeth were left (apparently 4)

And today marks two weeks since Butthead left. I had a dream last night that he came back. He was fine, like nothing had happened :-|. A couple of days ago I got a new rose bush in the mail. I discovered there is a rose named "Bailey's Red", and though it is questionable whether it will flourish in my zone, I had to have it, and I'm going to try to grow it here. Here it is:

(edit to add: Bailey is the name on Butthead's vet records. Alas, I could not find a "Butthead" rose...)

MJ&Donovan&Butthead's spirit

Attached Files:

81. jan and Hep and sara (GA)

MJ,

Glad Donovan is doing a little better today. Also nice to hear that he got to go out for a bit. I know your glad it's over and he's home with you. Everyday he'll heal more and more. Be back to his ol self before you know it. Minus a few teeth. :smile:

BTW that rose is beautiful! Good luck with it.
    Have a nice night.

82. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

Sounds like he's anxious to get back to his old routine, I'm glad he's feeling better.

The rose looks very special. I hope if flourishes for you. (( MJ ))

83. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Good report on Donny. I'm really glad that he is beginning to heal nicely. He'll certainly figure out how to eat with his "new" mouth and it won't take long. The Bailey red rose is lovely. I hope it will establish itself in Butthead's garden.

((((MJ and Donny))))

Ella & Rusty

84. julie & punkin (ga)

yes, the rose is just lovely! it will be a nice reminder of butthead when you look at it. i hope it makes it in your zone.

glad to hear Donnie is improving - i guess 4 teeth is better than no teeth! all a matter of perspective.

85. Melissa & Tarragon

Melissa & Tarragon Well-Known Member

I'm sorry it took me so long to send you a note. It has been crazy here. I am sooo glad Donovan is beginning to feel better! That is a relief I'm sure. Butthead is definitely watching out for all of you. How nice of him to send you a rainbow to show you. The rose is beautiful! ((((hugs))))

86. Karrie and Maverick

((((((MJ))))))) The rose is beautiful. I am glad you are giving it a try in your zone. Hugs to you.

Glad Donovan is wanting to eat. How long will he be on pain meds for? Amazes me how resilient animals are. I am a big baby and they are so stoic.

87. Rocket & his Mom

i pray for you daily....and for Donovan too...

sounds like he is on his way to recovery and adjusting well.....

the idea of the rose bush is great...you never know...it may work in your zone just for you....

((((MJ))))((((Donovan))))

ps....Rocket turns his nose on the baby food too....i think he relates it to when he is really really sick....as that is when i have had to syringe feed him....

88. carolynandlatte

carolynandlatte Well-Known Member

Im just catching up on this. Im glad Donovan is recovering well. Sounds like you are taking such good care of him ((((((mj)))))) (((((((donovan))))))).

I bet the rainbow was beautiful, and certainly one of the many signs you are receiving. I hope the rosebush works out. I was just clipping some of the dead flowers in Latte's garden area, wondering if they were going to 'make it'. For every one I clipped, I noticed a new one about to bloom. I was reminded at that moment when conditions are right things grow. When they are not, they take on a different form. We can look at things as coming and going/living and dying. OR, maybe they are just changing into a form where it can better grow and serves its purpose. Making room for something else to prosper in its place.

Many :YMHUG: to you!

oh- ----Tippie/Tashi has really enjoyed the butterflies. It may be her favorite toy. :mrgreen:

89. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA) Well-Known Member

((((MJ))))
    OMG how much are you and your babies supposed to go through? I am so sorry that I didn't see this but I haven't been on the boards until today as I have been too sick.
    I'm so sorry that Donny had to go through this traumatic surgery and I'm doubly as glad that he is feeling a little better now. Extensive Oral surgery is very painful for them and takes twice the amount of painkiller as the kind of surgery Jackson had.

I am praying to God that this is nothing more than an infection and that I am sending you tons of healing vines and blizzards of snowflakes for a speedy recovery for your boy Donny. I think there has been enough sadness in your life for a while...it's time for some good news.

(((MJ))) (((Donny)))

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

90. Marje and Gracie

MJ: the story about Baileys red rose brought tears to my eyes.....that is amazing and I hope it will flourish under your care as your kitties do. Feel better Donny!!!! And try that baby food!

91. MJ+Donovan

:oops: Now I feel like crap. You all think Donny should be on more pain meds? He has a fentanyl patch and they told me to give him bupe only the first night after the surgery until the fentanyl took effect. He's not acting like he's in pain, though apparently a lot of cats don't. He doesn't appreciate being touched in his mouth area, but he's eating solid food (canned fuds and finely chopped chicken/turkey meat).
    confused_cat

Might as well continue to hijack this thread with Butthead. Now every night I am having dreams about him, that he's back. However, last night he came back and I could touch him and hold him, yet like Snuffalufagus, no one could see him but me. WTH? :-|

MJ&Donovan&Butthead's ghost...

92. Linda and Bear Man

(((MJ))), I am keeping you in my thoughts. I love the rose.

93. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

I believe that Fentanyl is supposed to be a more potent narcotic than bupe. The patch will certainly give him 24 hour coverage for the pain. I will warn you that the patch can be hell to get off. Did the vet give you anything to help remove it? (Avon "Skin So Soft" helps if you can tolerate the smell. Olive oil works, too.)

The rose is beautiful. (I do have to let you know that I was really wondering whether you truly expected to find a flower of any type, called "Butthead's red"?)

94. Ann & Tess GA

They will eat what they want to eat! I've given up second guessing. I'm just glad he's eating. When do you get the test results?

What a beautiful rose, it looks like a wild form, which is strong and adaptable.

95. jan and Hep and sara (GA)

MJ,

What wonderful dreams. I lost my brother 6 years ago and have never had a vivid dream with him in it yet. I would cherish it. I think it helps to cope. Butthead is telling you "it's ok mom I'm fine." :smile:

Good luck with the rose for his garden. Hope it winters over. Maybe if it's protected good in the winter it will be ok.

Feel better vines to Donovan. Sounds like he's doing great.
    Have a nice night. Your always in my thoughts and prayers.

jan and sara

96. Georgia and Simon (GA)

Georgia and Simon (GA) Well-Known Member

MJ, sending lots of prayers to dear Donovan for healing.

I have a close friend who is very intuitive (psychic) and tells me that whenever we dream of someone we lost, especially if they appear healthy, that it is definitely them coming back to tell you that things are ok and to give you some peace. I truly believe it because I have had numerous dreams of my father and he always appears to me as a healthy, active man, not the person who was in the wheelchair when he was sick. After those dreams, I always wake up feeling refreshed and at peace. The rose is also a definite sign that Butthead wants you to know how much you mean to him and that you were the best bean ever!

Lots of love1

97. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA) Well-Known Member

I, for one, never meant to imply that Donny isn't on enough pain meds...it's just more painful no matter how much medication he is on, in the mouth area because that is where he takes his fuds! Yes, I see you are like me...very sensitive :) You've had dental work. You know that it takes it's sweet time to feel better no matter what yo do for it. I had one implant last summer and it wasn't FUN, but it wasn't hell either. Donny will feel better every day. Kitties have unreal healing abilities.

I agree, Butthead is coming to you to tell you that he is okay...and as for you being the only one who can see him...how many times have you seen "Ghost"? :lol:

The red flower is gorgeous!

98. MJ+Donovan

"Bailey's Red" is a single red floribunda rose. Google says it is "low and spreading" or "4-6 feet tall" or "bushy and upright" :? so I have no idea what it's gonna do. I may grow it in a large pot until I figure out the best location for it.

Thanks for the clarification about Donovan's pain meds. Originally they said he'd be on bupe, and then the surgery was more extensive than anticipated so they used fentanyl instead since it is more potent. I was given detailed instructions on how to remove the patch (involving alcohol), but I think I will try your suggestions first. I honestly don't remember my primary vet ever giving pain meds to any of my cats, which is not to say he wouldn't if I requested it. It wasn't until I was referred elsewhere for treatments that pain meds were routinely given. And of course I recall many times here seeing Dr. Lisa scream DON'T MAKE YOUR PATIENTS BEG FOR PAIN MEDS. It's very new to me.

I saw another partial small rainbow tonight as I was going to church. It's nice to think that Butthead is doing that for me, and that him coming to me in dreams is a way for him to let me know he's OK. I hadn't thought of it that way...

Attached Files:

99. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Morning MJ -Mannie and I send lots of prayers for continued healing for Donny. It sounds like he is coming along well. Very good news indeed.

I too believe that Butthead is paying you visits, sending you signs that he is well, healthy, happy. How wonderful is that. Cherish each one. How wonderful that you found that rose - another indication of how much you mean to him. The new photo is great, thanks for posting it.

100. Karrie and Maverick

MJ the signs that Butthead is sending you is making me cry this morning. I am so happy for you. I am waiting for signs that Maverick will send but don't know if my heart is closed to it. I want so badly to know he's around. Maybe he's sending them and I'm blind to them. The picture of Butthead is precious. I think you should call the rose Butthead's red from now on. Even if it only thrives through this summer it will be a wonderful memorial Rose. If you were in Maverick's rose zone, I'd love to send you one to plant if there is space.

I don't know about pain in cats that much except, as a pain sensitive human, I would be on pain medicine still - even if it was just tylenol or ibuprofin. Mouth pain I thought was more painful than other pain also. So I don't know - I was only empathizing from a human perspective.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.