6/22 Cody +10 168, AMPS 234,+2 274, +4 248,+6 203

Discussion in 'Acromegaly / IAA / Cushings Cats' started by Nancy and Cody, Jun 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nancy and Cody

Nancy and Cody Well-Known Member

Got that long awaited pretty blue! and surprisingly no huge bounce yet at +2. SO HURRAY!

I will be keeping close watch for a couple more days .

+10-----168 1/4c food
    amps---234
    +2------274 1/4c food
    +4------248 1 spoon food (for being such a good boy, making mom proud for not bouncing)
    +6------203 1/4c food

2. Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA

Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA Well-Known Member

Re: 6/22 Cody +10 168, AMPS 234,+2 274

Looking good!

3. OptOut

OptOut Well-Known Member

Re: 6/22 Cody +10 168, AMPS 234,+2 274, +4 248

Congratulations!!!!!

Beware of spoon feeding....he'll come to expect it.

4. Nancy and Cody

You are absolutely right- with Cody 1 day is a pattern, "i get fed every 2 hours right? :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock:

5. Nancy and Cody

Re: 6/22 Cody +10 168, AMPS 234,+2 274,+6 203, +9 191

+9 ----191

This is pretty exciting because it shows that he's been in blue or near blue for 3hrs so far. This is an AWESOME milestone for us, maybe hasn't happened in over 3 years. GO LEV! and he did't really bounce today- also very exxciting. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D I wish I had tested every hour +7 +8 +9 just so I could have all that pretty blue- but I was trying to unjam a major mess on my desk, and couldn't balance my check book to save my life today- a bit distracted and in need of sleep I think - I'm not normally this dense.... :shock:

6. Carolynn FletcherGA & RobbieGA

Carolynn FletcherGA & RobbieGA Member

dancing_cat dancing_cat dancing_cat dancing_cat dancing_cat dancing_cat dancing_cat dancing_cat dancing_cat dancing_cat

7. OptOut

OptOut Well-Known Member

Woo-hoo!!!!!

Go Cody....get your bloo on...Go Cody....get your bloo on! (It must have been the hand-feeding!)

8. Debbie and Bryce

Debbie and Bryce Member

Hi & Congrats on the blue today! Haven't said hello, so thought this would be a great time to do so. I'm also interested in how the Levemir is doing for Cody so will be keeping an eye on his SS. We came very close to switching to it about a month ago, but decided to hold off for now. Cheers for more blue on Weds!

9. Nancy and Cody

Hey Debbie,
    I noticed you asked about splitting the dose (In your other thread), and I used to do that with high doses of Prozinc because the u40 insulin is more volume. When we hit 13u of lev yesterday, I actually did split the first 2 doses, but didn't tonight. It will be interesting to see if there is much difference tonight.(if I can keep my eyes open to test....)

Cody also takes enelapril. I didn't understand the correlation you were analyzing. How much does he get? I opened it but couldn't enlarge it to read it.

Aren't you guys using Lantus now?

10. Debbie and Bryce

Debbie and Bryce Member

Hi Nancy -

I hear you in regard to keeping the eyes open! I finally had to give in last night at 11:45. Bryce was fine. I gave her a bit of HC anyway, and knew she was going to have her "chicken snack" at 1am. But I was very curious what the later #'s would have been.

Yes, we're using Lantus. Just cut the dose from 10U to 9U starting last night, and watching things closely. I have to tell you that we definitely have seen improvements after splitting the doses, so hope you see that as well. Bryce gets what I believe is the standard amount of Enalapril...is that .25? I don't have the bottle in front of me (get to work at 7am). We think it has made a difference. Maybe it's wishful thinking, but think the "snoring" sounds have decreased. She's been on it for four weeks. Do you think Enalapril has anything to do with the BG #'s? The word from our vets (Bryce has more doctors than we do!!)...is that no, it doesn't. Curious your take on this.

You said Cody is on a couple of things for his kidneys. I was also curious as to what you're dealing with on that front. How old is Cody? Great to chat with you...probably should have sent a PM....Have a good day!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.