6/25/22 Mikey AMPS 141 +3 84 +4 63 +5 54 +6 47+8 102 PMPS 488

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Mikey’sDad, Jun 25, 2022.

1. Mikey’sDad

Mikey’sDad Member

Mikey was low for him at AMPS but gave him his regular dose.Monitored him every hour until he got to 47 then I administered some HC Fancy Feast.
    I get nervous when he goes that low so I wanted to be on the safe side. Was I overreacting for administering HC?

thanks
    Tom

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Did he get food after every test? Feeding a little snack evety hour in active cycles can help prevent them dropping low.
    Guess he wants to go back to 3.25U. Congrats on the reduction.

3. Mikey’sDad

Mikey’sDad Member

Yes, he will be returning to 3.25 next dose!
    If I see him in a low cycle next time, I will give him snacks instead of an entire can of HC when he gets to 45. He of course was in heaven as he purred loudly when he got gravy :blackeye:

4. Mikey’sDad

Mikey’sDad Member

And naturally he bounced up to 488 at his PMPS reading! I will definitely give him treats next time instead of such a HC entire can of cat food. But I just get uncomfortable with such a low reading. He shows no signs of hypoglycemia when that occurs!

Have a great weekend. Very hot here today!!!!

5. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Yes, sometimes very late in the cycle, just some LC is enough to bring them up from the high 40s. Anyway, he had a blast with the HC. Party!

Mikey’sDad likes this.