6/25 Weekend Condo: Bring on Summer! Happy Caturday L&LL

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Michelle and Mannie (GA), Jun 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Good Morning LL!! :coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee: (YUM! Vanessa outdid herself this morning: PRIMO!) HAPPY SUNDAY to everyone!

LL! It's is I, Vanessa, president and CEO of The Coffee Cat! Life is GOOD! Bug and Lola, Co-CEO's of Paw Prints Pizza are open, and ready for business! They are running a Weekend Special: BBQ Pizzas! Lots of kitteh treats in them pies, tuna, chicken and shrimps! All on their signature catnip crust. It is mega good. They also have a dessert berry pie, lots of whip cream to holds it all together. So.... order early, and party hearty! I have been very busy this weekend too! My special for today is a coffee infused 4 berry frappe. It is mega good, I swear! So..... Coffee time! :coffee::coffee::coffee: For today, I proudly offer Vanessa's special 10 hour energy coffee, and triple shot espressos, with beans from Starbucks Pike Place Market, their original blend, AND.... for all my Mocha fans: a VENTI Quad Blueberry infused white mocha/mocha blend with white chocolate chips melted within, swirled with a raspberry puree, topped with a strawberry infused whip garnished with caramelized berry sprinkles and white chocolate curls and a caramel drizzle.......SWEET! Vanessa's bakery is all stocked for today too: baguettes and croissants and donut holes, including my signature berry jams. They too is mega goods. I made them myself! :cat:

[​IMG]

good cat memory.jpg
    I saw this this morning, a friend posted it on FB. Somehow it touched my heart.... It is ever so true. The memories are endless, as is the cat fur....

I hope everyone has had a great week. We have been.... well, busy again! :eek::joyful::cool: As I say every week: I just can't imagine not being on the go. ;) It keeps us out of trouble, and makes for great times! I often think back on the weeks happenings, and wonder how in the world did we do all that! I know I write this every week, but it really was the same this past week. We have had a week of adventure, and fun, and crazy as we all deal with summer, and somewhat warmer days. And some wet days. o_O :) We have been swimming, and to parks, and to the aquarium and the waterfront park, museums, and had adventures at home too. It has been a good week... :):) :cool:

Normalcy in Three MusketeerVille The kitties are all doing well, no one is fighting or growling or hissing, sharing of toys and those nanners abound, and life is good to be a cat. It is a cloudy morning here. We've had periods of the sun trying to break through, but it hasn't lasted. Just enough to get kitty hopes up, and then.... back to bed. :smuggrin::rolleyes: There really isn't too much new on the kitty home front.. Both Nicholas and William have learned that all three Musketeers here LOVE kitty treats, and have made it their duty to be sure and get them some on the mornings they are here. Bug, Lola and Vanessa now know that they will, and all line up in the kitchen waiting. :):):):p It is really very cute, watching two young boys deal with three FEED ME NOMS NOW kitties. :eek::blackeye::smuggrin: Vanessa is back to bringing me kitty toys to play with and share. This morning I woke up to see that Vanessa had brought me three nannera, set them all next to my head on my pillow. I opened my eyes to see nothing but there nanners. :woot::joyful: Thank you Vanessa!! :cool: I of course did my duty, and played with them. :joyful: Lola continues to escape... wow on it all. It is a daily occurrence now, at least two a day on most days. We are all getting very good, once again, at making sure she doesn't. Haha, we try, we failed more often than not. Ah Lola... what will we do with you? Yes, I know.... make you a catio! I will, I swear! This week I did start the search for someone that can build me one.... :cat: This week my youngest son has started to do some yard work for me, and of course be felt obligated to once again take Lola outside, let her play supervised, as much as one can supervise Lola. She was good, stayed in the yard, and had such good kitty fun. :cool: Days have been warmer, not always sunny, but warmer. All three kitties have spent alot of it with noses plastered to the screens of open windows. Catching outdoor sniffs and an occasional breeze no doubt. Normalcy rules in Three MusketeerVille! :cat::cat::cat:

mannie 4.jpg
    Mannie and Nicholas: my absolute favorite photo of them together. Mannie LOVED that boy....

mannie 1.jpg
    Mannie and his nanner stash... well part of his nanner stash....

mannie 2.jpg
    The infamous Mannie "pom-pom" . He had such a great tush!

Our adventures continue. It has indeed been a busy week. Weather has been ok, little rains, and somewhat on the warm side, with temps in the high 60's. We were outside when we could, indoors when we couldn't. We did get a few nice sunny days too. We made trips to the pools, parks and playgrounds, and were able to return on Thursday to one of the boys favorite places the Aquarium along with the Waterfront Park. Once again Nicholas was able to hook up Aquarium workers, and talk their heads off. William has also started to converse with them, so it was a great time for them both. Way cool! Weather was so so when we started out to the Aquarium, but by noon on that day we had some sunshine, and were able to spend time after a day with the fishies on the Waterfront, and ride once again the Great Wheel. Despite the questionable weather, and the clouds the views were terrific. Both Nicholas and William love that ride. This week we also spent time at Wilcox Park, and the Imagine Childrens Museum. Wilcox Park is an all time favorite of theirs, as it has playground equipment, as well as woods hikes, creeks, and LOTS of berries! The Imagine Museum Nicholas is on summer vacation from school, and has no swim lessons this week, so we have been able to stay longer on our adventures. We continue to remain busy, and are having fun as we transition to the changes in our adventure schedule that summer always brings. It is a great kids place, where they can use their imaginations to create and explore all sorts of things. Fun rules there. :smuggrin: Wednesday we were off on a berry picking mission, and a picnic, after morning swim, on the trails near the pool. Huckleberries are now bearing fruit, and we found a few remaining salmonberries. I love that trail: perfect size for Nicholas and William, and the berries abound. We've also spent some time here , at home, just playing out in the backyard. I sometimes think they have just as much fun playing in the backyard as they do when we go someplace. Nicholas and William have discovered that my huckleberry plant is starting to bear fruit! :cool: and we have raspberries. They make sure they eat the days supply. What a great week it was. :woot::woot::woot: It has been so fun! It has indeed been a good week for the boys, and their Grammie!

P1170074.JPG
    Nicholas & William: having tons of fun on the giant tube slide at the Imagine Museum

P1490737.JPG
    Nicholas & William: ice cream rules! ~ Seattle Waterfront Park

P1490480.JPG
    Nicholas & William: Puddles RULE! ~ Wilcox Park

AWESOME WEEK in the pool! :joyful:Nicholas and William have been swimming together this week, as there are no lessons for Nicholas, and the pool is gearing up for summer swim season, creating some adjustments to pool times. They swam on Wednesday morning, and again on Thursday night. Lessons start ext week for Nicholas, on a M-F schedule. I hope he will be able to make most of his lessons, but as it was last summer, there are once again issues with the other DGP's that they spend M-Tu with, they don't support the pool, and lessons, and won't bring them. so.... family drama! Loys of family drama, as both mom and dad want the boys there at the pool. What can I say. It is is an issue, but we will do what we can, when they are with me, to keep going what Nicholas, and William, love to do. They really do well together in the pool. It can get a little crazy, but really is alot of fun for all, even me. We have also been able to continue those post swim, after swim picnics on Wednesday afternoons, often going berry picking on the nearby trail when time allows. Weather has been good then, so why not? It was fun: grilled cheese sandwiches and chicken with fries on the menu. YUM! Friday night, the traditional burger feast was on! Nicholas and I have been doing that for the longest time. It was awesome that William was there to join us. :cool::cool::cool::joyful: SWIMMING RULES!!! As always, we are grateful for our time in the pool. It has all enabled to boys to explore another aspect of growing up, one they really enjoy. It has just become the norm for us, we go each week, and just never tire of it. It proves to be such fun for both boys, and their excitement with it all has not wavered.
    GO NICHOLAS! GO WILLIAM !! [​IMG][​IMG]

P1020538.JPG
    William & Nicholas: Flat mats, ever so fun!

P1020818.JPG
    William and Nicholas: The underwater dynamic duo!

For my own personal time, I continue to hike the local trails here when I can: Meadowdale, Picnic Point, Big Gulch, and have re added Mesika and Scriber Lake, and wherever else I can find nearby. It is great to have such good places to go to when time permits. I cannot be more grateful fore that! Tuesday was a "free day", no appointments or conflicts, so I took off for eastern Washington to hike one of my favorite ridge hikes: The Yakima Skyline Ridge. It is a beautiful ridge hike, with views of the Yakima Valley Canyon, and the Yakima River. Wildflowers were pretty much gone, but did manage to find a few. It was sunny and 80 up there, but also had a nice breeze that kept the temperature down. I came home dusty, sweaty and glad I went. :cool::):):)

P1020385.JPG
    Yakima Skyline Ridge

Have a great Caturday everyone! It is rather low-key here... I hope to make it outside on a local hike today, to the beaches of Picnic Point, or maybe Meadowdale, while it is still quiet, no people! :rolleyes: It should be a sunny afternoon here. I hope they are right on that one, we shall see!

KITTIES!! Remember: BLUE, think GREEN :cat::cat::cat:

[​IMG]

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad the kitties are doing well and there hasn't been any more squabbles. It sound like you and the boys had a great week. Nice that you were able to get some hikes in. Sending prayers for your DH.

3. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

@carfurby Morning Carla :coffee::coffee::coffee: Me too on the kitties! Squabble free is always a good thing. :cat: We did do well this week. We are in the midst of transitioning to a summer schedule, but so far, fun still rules! We are looking forward to many summer adventures. :cool: :joyful: SO glad on teh hikes too, so many out tehr to do! ;) THX too on the DH vines. He's doing well.

4. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Michelle, I missed your condo last week while we were at camp, so just had to come early this week to see what you've been up to. Wow, you have been up to an awful lot of fun! Busy, busy. The kitties look great. How wonderful that Vanessa wakes you up with the nanners. You can watch her as she plays with them and remember Mannie. Poor Lola, forever cooped up! I wonder if she would also try to escape from a catio?? And good, steady Bug.
    All your pictures are wonderful. That's a great shot of Mannie and Nicholas.
    I'm so glad you got out on a "big" hike again. It does look hot and dry over there in eastern WA.

Have a grand week. I hope something can be worked out with the other grandparents.

Hugs and scritches,

Ella & Rusty

p.s. to Vanessa: iced expresso will be delicious this afternoon. Thanks for the delivery, Kitteh Barista!

5. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

@Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Hi Ella :coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee: (ICED!) No worries on the condos. I struggle to get to them myself, always running short on time, or am out somewhere. :rolleyes: It has been busy, things on different days, as we adjust to summer for the boys. The nanner thing with Vanessa cravks me up. Three one night, one most nights, but she does bring them. She has become my bedtime snuggle kitty too. That has been especially nice. Sure has been fun! Funny thing is is that it all does reminds me of Mannie, how he'd carry theme everywhere, make those nanner beds he made. The only thing he did that Vanessa does not is guard them at all costs. Remember how possessive he was of them? :smuggrin: I have wondered the same ting on a catio. She would try I think. Right now she does well with screened doors and windows, maybe she'd be ok? I like your word choice for Bug: steady. That suits him so well. THX on the Pics, and the one of Mannie and Nicholas. LOVE that photo! They had such a great bond. Me too on the hike, and a big AFFIRMATIVE on the hot and dusty and dry and... all those goes with Eastern Washington. I had a good breeze that day, and was ever so grateful for it. THX on the week, and Me too (!!) on the other DGP's. Paws crossed on that one.
    Auntie Ella! YOU GOTS IT! iced it is!! It is warm here today too, my bean wanted the same thing! Go figure, and I have been very busy! :cat: I am on my way for your next delivery! Watch for me, 'K? ~~ Vanessa, kitteh barista

6. Tiger(GA) and Ruth

Tiger(GA) and Ruth Well-Known Member

(((((Michelle))))) Thank you Vanessa for the coffee this morning--Auntie Ruth needs all the help she can get lately...Such wonderful pictures of Mannie and all his nanners, Love the one with Nicholas as well! Those are spectacular pics of the Yakima Skyline Ridge--how high up is that? Wow!! Where else can you get all sweaty, dusty and tired, but feel so good about it LOL! Hope your DH is still doing well with his rehab? Peace Out Kitties!

Happy 4th to you--we have been having this weird "June-uary" type cloudy, foggyness every morning, but it burns off by afternoon. Kinda liking it!

7. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

@Tiger(GA) and Ruth Morning Ruth! :coffee::coffee::coffee: Vanessa says you are welcome. She has been busy getting her bean all the help she needs too! :joyful: THX too on the Mannie pics. I LOVE the one of him and his nanners, he just loved those tings, never left them unguarded, carted them all over the place, even slept on them. :woot::rolleyes:. Yakima Skyline is nice, but warm too, as the ridge is 100% exposed. Top elevation is about 3000 feet, I think. This is so true: That area is so good at making you feel great even when you are dusty sweaty and hot. HAHA! :) DH is doing OK, coming along, up and about and doing what he can. He has a recheck with his PCP this FR just for a general health overview, and tweak anything that needs tweaking. Oncology recheck in about 3 weeks. and... the kitties are peacing out as we speak. :cool: so greed n the weather of late. Kinda liking it too, cool mornings, warm afternoon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.