6/26 Benny AMPS 94 +4 55 +6 62 +8 70 +10 69 PMPS 124 +2 155 +3 129

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Ben&Squirrel, Jun 26, 2022.

1. Ben&Squirrel

Ben&Squirrel Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/6-25-benny-amps-139-2-201-4-91-7-76-pmps-137.265045/

King Ben woke up in the green; I gave him his full 2u dose. I had to be out for several hours, so I gave him HC food, not just MC. He ate almost a whole can (FF Tuna Primavera, 20 carbs) and I left him more.

At +4 he was at 55. It is as if the HC had little to no effect. Previously it would have increased his bg for a day or more. Now there are times when I can't monitor for the first several hours and the higher-carb food does not seem to move the needle, which is scary. What is going on? Is his little pancreas working full time?

2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

It's possible his pancreas are producing some juice and he's ready to go down in dosing.

Ben&Squirrel likes this.
  3. Ben&Squirrel

Ben&Squirrel Member

That would be wonderful. Do we wait for the bg of under 50 before doing that?

4. Bandit's Mom

Ideally yes. Hopefully he will earn a reduction in a cycle that you're home for.

Ben&Squirrel likes this.
  5. Ben&Squirrel

Ben&Squirrel Member

I have several days this week in which I can be home early in the cycle; that may help.

I know a few days ago the greens made me very nervous, but at this point I love to see them. I hope I won't see fewer of them with a reduction!

tiffmaxee and Bandit's Mom like this.
  6. Bandit's Mom

Yay! I see you are heading towards stage 3 of FD! ;)
    Benny will also love greens, if he doesn't already!

Ben&Squirrel likes this.
  7. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I told you green becomes contagious once you get over the fear. I’m glad you stuck with TR.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  8. tiffmaxee

I know a few days ago the greens made me very nervous, but at this point I love to see them. I hope I won't see fewer of them with a reduction![/QUOTE]

One of the main reasons I prefer TR is if a reduction fails you can go back to the last good dose without having to wait a full week. So don’t worry that.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  9. Ben&Squirrel

Ben&Squirrel Member

I'm also glad I stuck with TR despite the fear. It is doing him so much good. Your support and Bhooma's have helped me so much with the anxiety, as well as your expertise. And it will be good not to have to be stuck for a week at a lower dose that does not fulfill his needs, should that happen. Hopefully it won't

tiffmaxee and Bandit's Mom like this.
  10. Ben&Squirrel

Ben&Squirrel Member

Looks like a smooth day for Benny...we'll see if the +1 and +2 indicate smooth sleeping for me tonight.

11. tiffmaxee

Very nice!

Ben&Squirrel likes this.