? 6/26 Rover PM+12.5 246;+2 191;+3.5 155;+6 151;+7.25 167;9 160;+11 189 ;PMPS308;+1 310;+2 214

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Red & Rover (GA), Jun 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

2. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

it's sunday. If you are home and can monitor....shoot!
    you might see a day like 6/21 and you might not but if you're home today, it's a good opportunity.

looking at his chart, his body isn't even used to a blue number so he bounces big time.....

Be sure to get a +2 test....
    more time in the blues is helping heal his pancreas......

3. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Here's a thought.... Since it's been a few minutes since you posted, how about testing at what would be 20 - 30 min since your last test? I think Rhiannon's right, if it were me, I'd shoot. By getting the 2nd test, at least you'll know where numbers are heading.

I suspect what you're looking at is the lack of vet stress and the bounce from the blues on 6/24 breaking. If this is the case, are you comfortable shooting a dropping number? Do you have strips and HC food if you need it?

4. Red & Rover (GA)

Wonky laptop.

He was eating (LC) when I came down to do AMPS. PM+12.5 is 246. I can shoot that. Have supplies. Don't have sleep. I was setting alarms to syringe water but didn't test late PM. Rover could handle only so much invasiveness.

5. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

I suspect Rover will be fine until +2 or +3. Can you sneak in a nap and test at +3 just to make sure his numbers are OK?

6. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Why do you syringe water? Won't he eat food that is watered down? I add 1/4 cup water to a large can of food for Max. syringing water makes me nervous plus the less messing with him the better our relationship. That's just me though.

I hope you have a nice stressless cycle. Sleep eludes me always but since the sugar dance it's hard to find. :coffee::coffee:

7. Red & Rover (GA)

That's the plan - if Irish DH will stop yelling at football on telly.

8. Red & Rover (GA)

Dehydrated and eating/drinking token amounts yesterday. Maxed out subq so had to go syringe route spread over time.

9. Red & Rover (GA)

1.5units 1 hr late. NO AMPS test. Testing @+2.

10. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

You do know that cat's have a very limited thirst drive and may not spontaneously drink? I don't think my civil ever drinks from his water bowl. I add a good amount of water to his food and have always done so since Gizmo and Gabby got the same food in their bowls. As long as you've discussed the use of fluids with your vet, it should be fine. The water is good for Rover's kidneys. Just make sure all is good with his heart. Too much fluid in a cat that has cardiac disease is not a good thing.

11. Red & Rover (GA)

Yes, discussed with vet. Rover has always drank a lot of water, even before diabetes and CKD. He drinks more than I give in subq. I water his food if he is not drinking. I get a better idea of how much he is drinking if I don't water his food on a daily basis. Yesterday and last night, the skin on both sides of "the tent" was sticking together. That is why I was syringing small amounts over time, and why I have had little sleep - and shan't get much this morning. France just scored. DH yelling.

12. Red & Rover (GA)

13. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Rover surfs safely for you and you can get some rest. :bighug::bighug:

14. Red & Rover (GA)

No sleep. Found a different food bowl with HC in it.

*insert long string of curse words* DH accidentally fed the can of HC gravy lovers I opened yesterday from the very back of the fridge sometime before AMPS. Rover was eating from HC bowl and from earlier LC bowl when I saw him at PM+12. No idea how much he's licked. Looks like 1/2 can was put out. Some gravy still on the plate. No idea what to expect today. Rover, the marshmallow cat, has had enough of being poked, having naps interrupted, etc., and it's not going to get any better today.

Guess we'll have to play it by ear.

Ironically, since I'm not allowed caffeine, I shall be getting through the day on sugar.

15. Red & Rover (GA)

So far, so good.

16. Red & Rover (GA)

He's holding out for the gravy. Managed 2 tsps LC, wiped on top, in front of his eyes, with the back of the spoon dipped in MC (minimal).

17. Red & Rover (GA)

Thinking out loud:

I've got him back after vet trip in the heat yesterday and last night - and the accidental feeding of HC this morning. He's eating (like a pig) and drinking. If I'd known that his morning pre-shot numbers were influenced by HC, I would have …?

So, the blues could be caused by the one-off 1/75 units yesterday morning. The blues could be because I was up most of the night doing fluids and food. Three hours (or less if I want to start to gain back the hour I lost this morning) until it's shot time. Hoping that his #s start to climb, that there is a simple decision at shooting time, and I can get some sleep.

There's another vet trip tomorrow in the heat. Have ice packs that I'll put underneath the towel in his carrier, and I'll wet him down before we leave the house. How the vet trip will affect his numbers, and what, if anything, we find out from the blood work, who knows? ECID and each cat is different each time.

And then there's my own bottom line, which is I really need to have a couple of nights that contain sleep. I can't keep not taking meds and staying up, or not being able to go back to sleep after the AM shot.

18. Red & Rover (GA)

PM+11 is lower than I've shot. Is this a bounce (considering the last 2 days)? Do I shoot through it (knowing that there is a vet trip tomorrow)? Shoot less? No shot?

I cannot stay up tonight. I can delay PM 1 hour, no more.

19. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

There are never any guarantee's, but if he were mine, I'd shoot the 1.5

His numbers are headed up now....would be great to be able to keep him in blues or safe greens instead of those icky blacks

You could stall, don't feed for awhile and wait for him to go up some more if you're more comfortable with that

20. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Let's see what the +12 is. It could yet be a bounce or just a normal end to the cycle. Previously when he's done this much blue he's bounced. I agree with Chris on sticking with 1.5U. Can you get a +2 tonight?

21. Madrona and Leda (GA)

Madrona and Leda (GA) Well-Known Member

My look at his spreadsheet makes me think he doesn't often take quick plunges, so shooting this number is more likely to keep him in the blues (and upper greens) than to send him plunging into scary numbers. Can you get a +1 and +2?

22. Red & Rover (GA)

All great advice.

Will do +12 test. Can stay up no later than +2 (midnight). I'm going on very few hours of interrupted sleep last night - and that on the floor.

23. Madrona and Leda (GA)

Sleep is so important! If it were me and I could get a +1 and possible +2, I'd go ahead and just be a bit aggressive about feeding if the +1 or +2 indicated a significant drop or active cycle. But you know your and what you can do best!

24. Red & Rover (GA)

Okay, that's a big jump in the hour between +11 and PMPS. Fed and shooting 1.5 and will test +1, +2. So tired, I had to come upstairs to double check the chart on how many units I'm shooting these days.

25. Red & Rover (GA)

Not dropping yet. Will do a +2. Lights are flickering and a thunderstorm is about to come through, won't be sleeping anyway. Will only update spreadsheet and post if need be.

Wishing everyone a good night. Sleep, or otherwise.

26. Madrona and Leda (GA)

I hope the storm clears and lets you get some good sleep! Slide down gently Rover, your Bean needs some rest.

Red & Rover (GA) likes this.
  27. Red & Rover (GA)

Okay - that a drop of almost 100 in an hour. Rover ate at PMPS, +1, and is eating FF LC with 2 tsp of FF MC as a topper. Setting an alarm for +5. Good chance I'll sleep through it or DH will be thoughtful and turn it off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.