6/27 Bella AMPS 121, +2 120, +7 100, PMPS 105, +2 102, +4 100

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by cecile & bella, Jun 27, 2022.

1. cecile & bella

cecile & bella Well-Known Member

yesterday
    I'm at the very end of my Lantus pen and I wonder if she got only 2.25 units yesterday evening, and not 3.25. This morning as I was drawing the insulin in the syringe, I noticed that it was at the right level but then was sucked in, so I pulled a little more, but I did not check yesterday. Oh well, she's still fine. I think I'll start a new vial tonight.
    We're gone from +2 until +8 today, so I'll leave the feeder for her.

2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Do you not withdraw a little extra insulin from the pen, then squeeze out the air bubbles (if any) and then adjust the correct dose?

Here's a video on drawing insulin from a pen and a vial:

carlascalico and cecile & bella like this.
  3. cecile & bella

Yes, I do that sometimes, or I draw to the line if that works. Yesterday I was stressed, my father in law is still here and it's not the most relaxing visit! I noticed it felt weird but did not recheck. I had the same feeling this morning (more relaxed since he's still asleep) and noticed the plunger being "pushed" forward. It's not a big deal, even if she is a little higher today, I will start the new one tonight anyway, the pen is empty.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  4. cecile & bella

100 @+7.
    I forgot to set up the feeder. so there was food inside but it never opened :banghead: it's a good thing she started the day higher. She was not happy with me when I came back!
    Now we're both enjoying the sun outside :cool:

Bandit's Mom likes this.