6/27 Benny AMBG 47 skip +4 179 PMPS 220

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Ben&Squirrel, Jun 27, 2022.

1. Ben&Squirrel

Ben&Squirrel Member

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  2. Ben&Squirrel

Ben&Squirrel Member

(Sorry for tagging so many, have edited out the tags.)

To clarify, I have an appointment and have to leave at +2 and won't return until maybe +4. Given how low he has been going these days, even wiith MC or HC food, I'm afraid he won't be safe by himself.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2022
    Bandit's Mom likes this.
  3. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

This does qualify as a reduction. If it is 20 mins from the last test, please test again?

4. Ben&Squirrel

Ben&Squirrel Member

I think I should not have tagged so many people; I was just panicky. Sorry about that.

Bhooma, his +20 min is 53. That's within the error rate of the meter, is it not? It does not seem really different from 47.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  5. Bandit's Mom

There is no problem in tagging so many people. A lime PS is a cause for panic when you are new to green. :D

Suggest you feed some MC or HC and shoot the full dose (with the reduction). I presume you can get a +2 and +4?

6. Ben&Squirrel

Ben&Squirrel Member

Thanks. :)

I can't even get a +1.5 today. Mornings take me out of the house early these days bc everyone needs/wants to finish business before the extreme heat of the day. Today's can't be changed. I can get maybe a +5. Under these conditions, I'm afraid to shoot at all.

Last night I had left him a little MC during the night and he would not eat it. He wants the LC only now, just my luck.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  7. Bandit's Mom

So you can get a +1 and then probably a +5? Will he eat if you leave food out for him?

8. Ben&Squirrel

Ben&Squirrel Member

I can get a +1 and then have to leave. He refused MC and HC before in favor of LC; I'm afraid he will be such a fussypants that he won't even eat LC when I'm gone. The more I stall, the more the whole idea makes my hair stand on end and I'm not sure I can do it. Green, I can do now, but lime is a bit too much, I think.

9. Bandit's Mom

Skip. He will recover. Stay with LC. Get a test at +1.

10. Ben&Squirrel

Ben&Squirrel Member

+40 is 48

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  11. Ben&Squirrel

Ben&Squirrel Member

Okay, will do. Hate to do it given the good numbers he's been having with 2u, but hopefully he'll still do well.

12. Bandit's Mom

Is this after he ate LC? How long after food?

Does he get food after you go to bed? He was clearing a bounce last night and therefore the end-of-cycle nadir. Some food would have slowed him down.

13. Bandit's Mom

Hi Catherine, just checking if you got any tests and he came up after food?

14. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I was fast asleep at your amps. Good you skipped. Benny will recover.

Ben&Squirrel likes this.
  15. Ben&Squirrel

Ben&Squirrel Member

The last figure was without food; I thought we were stalling without food. I gave him food and skipped the shot. He is doing fine in the blues now.

I did give him food last night after bed; he turned up his nose at the MC. He did happily eat the LC, but it didn't do his BG the good the MC probably would have.

16. tiffmaxee

You might want to remove the question mark in case you have a question later.

17. Ben&Squirrel

Ben&Squirrel Member

Thank you for the reminder!

18. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

And also remove the AMPS 47 from your title, cause that tells people you shot that 47. :eek: AMBG 47 - skipped, would be a better description. Or "+12 47" is an alternative way of saying it.

19. Ben&Squirrel

Ben&Squirrel Member

Got it, thank you Wendy!

20. Ben&Squirrel

Ben&Squirrel Member

So Benny's PMPS was 220, not really surprising given that he did not get any insulin this morning. I gave him the reduction to 1.75 and we'll see how he does tonight.

My vet sometimes checks in on Benny's spreadsheet to see how he's doing. She emailed me this morning saying, "you may want to skip this morning's shot if you can't monitor closely; also, consider a reduction to 1.75u." I really like her so I did not say, "my peeps already got me there". :)

Angela & Cleo likes this.
  21. tiffmaxee

Good that you reduced. With TR you reduce if under 50.I’m glad you like your vet. Good ones are hard to find.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2022
    Ben&Squirrel likes this.
  22. Wendy&Neko

Could you put either Skip or NS (for no shot) in the units column? That'll help us know you didn't just forget to enter the amount. And your vet would know too. :)

23. Ben&Squirrel

Ben&Squirrel Member

Done, thanks. It has been a formatting-error kind of day!

24. Wendy&Neko

Any day starting with a 47 is going to rattle you!

Ben&Squirrel likes this.