6/27 Jimmy's 8:15 #366

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by angela&jimmycat, Jun 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. angela&jimmycat

angela&jimmycat Member

At 8:15, Jimmy had a # of 366 and was given the dose of 2.50. At 2:10 his # was 304. Gonna try to give him a lower dose late this pm to get him back on schedule, and probably a lower dose in the morning depending on his #'s. Thanks for the input everyone. Being gone from the house tends to make me very cautious on his doses. Hopefully your right Laura and Jimmy is getting use to all this and consistant numbers on on the way! We are using the Relion Micro now, but I can't help but think about the higher reading the AlphaTrac would show. The inconsistancy between the two (60-90points) leaves alot to think about.

2. Laurie and Mr Tinkles

Laurie and Mr Tinkles Well-Known Member

So you gave the 2.5u four hours late, right? I would adjust your spreadsheet, put the 366 for his amps and then the +6 and +8 in the normal spots. You have it noted that it was 4 hours late in the comments. Just be careful to make sure you have a rising BG # before you shoot the next dose. If the 2.5u dose is high, you may see a late nadir. If he continues to drop late and goes pretty low, you might want to just wait until morning to shoot the next dose.

I know you are thinking about the AlphaTrac numbers, but I think you should stick to the micro because it is a meter that many people use and are used to the range of readings you get with it. The AT reads higher most of the time, and I would worry that the thought would be that he's in good numbers when he really is very low. Being low is more of a concern than being high. For instance, if his amps was 340 on the micro, but 400 on the AT, all you really focus on is that he has a shootable ps#. If it was 140 on the micro and 200 on the AT, would you shoot or not shoot? What about a 40 vs 100, would you start to worry about hypo if you're using the AT? The low numbers are what you need to be most concerned with, and what you should do in that situation...and many people won't pick up the difference in meter and understand the different range. Does that make sense?

3. angela&jimmycat

angela&jimmycat Member

Hi Laurie, yes I understand and agree with what you mean about the AlphaTrac numbers. Before we were getting lower numbers, the higher readings didn't bother me, but now we feel more comfortable with the Relion #s. I would not shoot on a 200 from the AT, that is one of the reasons(cost being the other) of why we are using the Relion. We just did another reading and the bg is on the rise now, 350. So, I think we will give him 1.75 now, and try to get back to schedule for 3:00 am. I posted a correction on the SS also. My husband gave him 2 units this morning not 2.50.

4. Laurie and Mr Tinkles

Oh, good, then you should be able to get back on schedule. Getting off schedule can be a real headache!

5. Laurie and Mr Tinkles

I just peeked at Jimmy's SS, his numbers are looking better, not seeing bouncing. I like the ps# and those blue numbers last night! It looks like some progress. :smile: I hope he continues to give you some better numbers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.