? 6/29 Taco AMPS 90, +3=74, +5=77 <--- WOW!! Dosing ?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Brandi & Taco, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Brandi & Taco

Brandi & Taco Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/6-27-taco-amps-347-2-5-268-8-142.231556/#post-2590008

Omg y'all!! Taco is doing soooooo good!!!!! :) I can't even believe it!! I am getting much more comfortable with him being in green numbers and don't feel the need to test every hour like I was a few days ago. I shot his dose this morning with a 90 AMPS test and didn't even hesitate (I didn't do a +1 or +2 cuz I fell asleep. ugh). Yellow numbers seem so high to me now and that's crazy to me. Lol!

Questions now...... I know that going below 50 earns a dose decrease (hasn't happened yet that I know of) but at this point what deserves a dose increase?

As always, thank you so much! My kitty wouldn't be where he's at now without this forum.

KittenTheCat likes this.
  2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

He’s looking great! You hold for a minimum of 10 cycles. You will decrease if all green for 7 days. So see where you are at after 10 cycles.

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

You've already held this dose for 10 cycles, but I don't think I'd be in a rush to increase right away. His numbers are getting better. A week also in green is the second way to earn a reduction.

4. Brandi & Taco

Brandi & Taco Member

Isn't he looking sooo fantastic?! :) I'm super happy. Tonight is our 15th cycle at this dose. I'll keep holding it since he's doing nothing but improving right now.

So is it a solid week (14 cycles) with nothing BUT green numbers? What if there's a blue here and there?
    I'm not in a rush to increase, I just want to make sure we stay on this awesome path of improvement.
    Also, I just now found the link for Tilly's Blog and am reading the TR protocol on there.