6/30 GIDEON BLUE - AMPS 289, +2=241

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Shiloh567, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Shiloh567

Shiloh567 Member

Good Morning All- I am happy to see we are in the YELLOW this morning. Gideon also had a check up with his vet this morning. I expected we would be doing a Senior Panel for bloodwork, but vet said no, since he had one two months ago, and he is acting fine. He also said a UA was not necessary today. What he did push for, and I agreed was an in house fructosamine test. He had my spreadsheet, but he said he relied on the fructosamine test much more. From what he said, his staff marveled at the spreadsheet. He was not happy that Gideon's fructosamine test was 489. His instructions are to hold steady on the 2 units for now, and see how he does since the dip, then bounce appears to have cleared. I know he thinks I test way too much. He suspects many diabetic kitties dip during the day without the owners ever knowing, since the kitty acts normally. I don't want to take that chance though. Today, I will be testing at +4 and +6 at least. Yes, no vet is perfect, but I feel mine is flexible and reasonable with my kitties. That is all I can ask.
    Thank you again for your guidance. Please feel to share your feelings about my Gideon. This group is tremendous!

2. Shiloh567

Shiloh567 Member

Sorry...didn't cut and paste from yesterday. At +4 Gideon is 83. He just ate his normal food, and I will retest at +5. I suspected if he was in the 2's at the vet, he would be much lower after you take out his stress factor. I do notice when Gideon tests in the GREEN, it is harder to get blood from his ears. Not sure if it is just me.

3. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Yep tge bounce has cleared. Hoping he doesn’t dip lower so he won’t bounce again. A little snack might help. My vet was impressed with the ss also and showed it to all his students.

4. Shiloh567

Shiloh567 Member

At +9 he is now at 250. Hoping he doesn't go too much higher, but I do think he is very sensitive to the carbs in food. He loves a food (Nulo) that is 9% carbs, but now I do not give it to him daily, like I was previously. I try to keep his carb %age at 6 or below. I did read that Dr. Piersson said not to get too hung up on the percentages, but with a sensitive kitty, I think I have to. I would not go extra low though and only feed 0-2%.

So, we are watching to see where he is at in 3 hours.

5. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Max was carb sensitive as well. I could get him back up with mc most of the time. He ate mostly fancy feast lowest carb.

Shiloh567 likes this.