6/30 Michelangelo AMPS 149 - 1 month under 300!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by KPassa, Jun 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KPassa

KPassa Well-Known Member

Previous Condo.

I haven't posted in a while because I've been scared to jinx it, but it's official! Michelangelo has spent an entire month under 300! And in the last two weeks, he's had only two numbers over 200! :eek: I just can't believe what a complete turnaround has occurred in not just his numbers, but also his attitude. Such a miracle! He is a poster kitty for the power of Levemir!

2. MommaOfMuse

MommaOfMuse Well-Known Member

Woohoo!! Go Mikey Go!!! Gotta love our Levemir. Autumn did a 180 with her personality when we switched as well.

Mel and The Fur Gang

3. housecats4

housecats4 Well-Known Member

Just want to jump in and say YEAH!!!!! Tons of healing green vibes (((Mikey)))) :D I have a boy called Mikey too bcatrun_gif :RAHCAT :RAHCAT cat_pet_icon dancing_cat dancing_cat Hugs Kath

4. KPassa

KPassa Well-Known Member

Thanks, everyone! I never thought it would be possible that simply changing insulin could make such a drastic, positive difference. I spent the last year and a half thinking there's got to be something I'm doing wrong for him to never stabilize. Since switching, I haven't done anything differently and he's finally (dare I say it?) regulated!

5. atajev

atajev Member

Yay! That's great news!

6. Laura & Heffernan

Laura & Heffernan Member

Hurray for Mikey & Kay!!

Makes me wonder if we should switch Heff to Levemir. Nothing can change and his numbers are all over the place.

7. RobinCot

RobinCot Well-Known Member

Oh my gosh... that's great and I am right there with you. Since I switched to Levemir, Alska is a different cat. So much more livelier and at peace. Alska's numbers are finally in the 200s so I am hoping he keeps following his buddy Mikey who is showing us how it is done. YEY! Mikey!!!

8. hollyall

hollyall Well-Known Member

I love milestones and this is a great one. Woohoo... gorgeous numbers for Mikey! Lovin' it! dancing_cat dancing_cat dancing_cat

9. KPassa

KPassa Well-Known Member

Super long story, short: I printed out the last two weeks of Mikey's BGs to bring into the vet when I go pick up Henry and Michelangelo's BG average is 105! :mrgreen: :eek: :D

Super long story, long: I had to take Henry into the vet today for an emergency bath. He's been escaping my house like crazy. Once, he even took off the bathroom window screen and squeezed out the window. I hadn't seen him since his last escape on Saturday (when he finally figured out how to open the heavy, glass sliding back door ohmygod_smile ). On my lunch today, I went home as usual to test Michelangelo and as I was getting back into my car to leave, I heard Henry meowing like crazy. It sounded like he might be stuck in someone's garage or something. I found him a few houses down, one side completely soaked in some chemical-smelling substance. So, now he's at the vet; they've cleaned him off and they don't think it was anything poisonous because he seems to be acting fine, but they'll keep an eye on him for the rest of the afternoon till I get off work to make sure. Plus, Henry needs a booster rabies vaccine since he only ever had the one when I first got him (after that, they tell me it's every 3 years) and he's finally getting micro-chipped. Henry's collar and tag are not enough for my piece of mind, even though he's wearing Michelangelo's tag that says "I'm diabetic!" Or, rather he's getting micro-chipped especially because he's wearing Michelangelo's tag after "losing" his previous 4 collars. :lol:

10. KPassa

KPassa Well-Known Member

If you're thinking about it, then DO IT! I waited because I doubted it'd make much difference with us, I had to convince my vet, and I still had $25 Lantus pen refills I wanted to use up. I wish hadn't waited that long!

Yay for Alska! It took Mikey about two months on Levemir before his numbers started really stabilizing so Alska still has plenty of time to follow suit. ;-)

11. MommaOfMuse

MommaOfMuse Well-Known Member

Yikes so glad you found him and got him cleaned up at the vet's!! Bad Henry you scared momma. Silly escape artist.

Beautiful average for Mikey. He looks awesome since the switch. Honestly given a choice of the Ls I think I would choose Levemir hands down. Between what I've seen with my own and now Mikey and Alska just can't beat it in my book.

Mel and The Fur Gang

12. KPassa

KPassa Well-Known Member

Amen! Preach it to the choir, Mel! :lol: I think with today's numbers, my vet might actually change his mind and start prescribing Levemir to more of his patients. It's just so exciting to reach a point that I've been fighting toward for the last year and a half and would have never reached if I had stuck with Lantus. That was even one of the reasons I left the TR board. It was a bit depressing seeing most everyone else get quickly regulated and/or go OTJ.

13. Laura & Heffernan

Laura & Heffernan Member

That's exactly why I'm looking to switch to Lev maybe. Most of the cats diagnosed around the time as Heff have gone OTJ and I'm lucky if he has 2 days in a row under 200. I feel like I'm doing something wrong, but maybe Lantus isn't right for him.

We are heading to Canada next weekend to get our insulin, hopefully Levemir is available for under $100 like Lantus.

14. housecats4

housecats4 Well-Known Member

Hi just want to say YEAH YEAH YEAH....always makes us feel so good when we see progress....all beings are different what works for one don`t always work for the other..... :razz: Henry :eek: :shock: cat(2)_steam you are a very lucky boy ....be good :smile: Peace and healing green light to lead us all(((Sugar babies to the land of OTJ ....Canada here Kath

15. KPassa

KPassa Well-Known Member

Well, he was at the highest he's been for a while this morning: 268. I might have given a fur shot last night or it might be stress-induced from all the fireworks. At his +3, he was already back down to 171. :mrgreen:

Oh, and Henry seems mostly fine. He did have some stinky poo for a couple of days, but that might have been from all the dry food he steals from the neighborhood cats when he's out "catting around." And I've even managed to keep him locked up in the house since he came home from the vets. :eek: Did you know he has four white paws? I always thought they were a dingy black. :lol: ;-)

16. RobinCot

RobinCot Well-Known Member

Oh my... that silly Henry!! With his dirty paws... I hope Mikey is calming down. It breaks my heart to see scared kitties on July 4th.

17. KPassa

KPassa Well-Known Member

Mikey is like this when I bring out the vacuum, when my roommate comes home, when there's a loud noise on the TV, when Henry knocks something over.... Business as usual. :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.