? 6/30 Oren dose?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Megan & Oren, Jun 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Megan & Oren

Megan & Oren Member

Hi all, still on train but due home in about 25 min. Pet sitter just texted at 7:45 eastern time to say Oren was 154 at 7:00 pmps after being 300s most other days I was gone (since Thur) . The plan had been to up him to 6.5 up tomorrow, and now he throws this curve?! She gave the full 6 dose tonight and I will test him when I get home. But wondering, should I still do the increase, or maybe just .25 instead?

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Hi Megan - I hope you had a good trip. I'm sure the marmalade boy will be happy to see you home again! :)

I think I'd still increase to 6.5, but only if you will be getting mid cycle tests. The goal is to ultimately get him into the greens and 6.0 didn't seem to be doing much for him.

ETA: Over 5 units, I'd stick to .5U increases, unless you are seeing greens.

3. Megan & Oren

Megan & Oren Member

Thanks Wendy, I kinda thought that, but just wanted confirmation. This will be his highest does officially. I texted dr IsThatClear to say I wanted to do the IAA /acro tests after seeing how he does with 6.5 for awhile. She hasn't responded yet...picking up an antibacterial/anti fungal meds for his ears on Friday. Persistent yeast/bacterial infection.

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Sorry Oren's ears continue to be an issue. Poor guy.

6.5 isn't a high dose for an acro/IAA cat, but it'll be good to know one way or the other.

5. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

welcome back from your vacation!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.