6/7 Newman AMPS 272

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Linda and Newman, Jun 7, 2022.

1. Linda and Newman

Linda and Newman Member

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  2. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

At least his AMPS was yellow today. That’s a little better. I hope you Minnie and the cats have a good day!

Last edited: Jun 7, 2022
    Linda and Newman likes this.
  3. Suzanne & Darcy

Blue! Blue! I’m happy to see it.

Lee Renfro and Linda and Newman like this.
  4. Linda and Newman

Linda and Newman Member

Me too. I can use a couple of days of blue!

I do have a dental appointment on Friday, early afternoon. I will be away for approx. 2 hours.

5. Suzanne & Darcy

Well, if he keeps on like he's done today then he should be fine in those higher blues. But you'll see where he is on Friday morning...

6. Suzanne & Darcy

361 AMPS. I hope Newman will see more blue today.

7. Linda and Newman

Linda and Newman Member

I was a little surprised by the 361 this morning, and also hope he will do well today. He came to me for his AM test, but I had to sprinkle some crushed Pure Bites on his Fancy Feast to get him to eat.

Lee Renfro and Suzanne & Darcy like this.
  8. Suzanne & Darcy

It’s magic chicken dust!

9. Linda and Newman

Linda and Newman Member

Starting a new day at 7:00 am. AMPS 345, he ate and immediately barfed it up. Tested again, mostly out of curiosity and he was 400 at 7:30 am. I have not shot his morning dose because I think he needs food on board before I shoot, so I am about to offer him a second breakfast. @Suzanne & Darcy

Got him to eat a little bit and shot 1.5 @ 8:00

Last edited: Jun 9, 2022
  10. Suzanne & Darcy

With ProZinc, that was a good move to make sure he has food on board. I’m glad he ate again. I wonder why he does that. I have one cat who does that intermittently but it’s usually when he eats too quickly.

11. Suzanne & Darcy

So you will leave the food out for this morning so he can graze? It seems like he almost needs to graze for his digestion.

I was outside picking blueberries when all this was going on!

12. Linda and Newman

Linda and Newman Member

Newman is one of the weirdest cats that I have ever had. He has always been unpredictable with keeping food down. I don't think it is the speed at which he eats, although I know exactly what you mean. Part of the weird is that he will eat non-food stuff he may find on the floor like a piece of thread or anything plastic. He gnaws on a plastic bag or the backing on a puppy pad. He used to play with terrycloth hair ties, until I found that he would eat them! If I have a rubber band in hand, he wants to eat it and the list goes on. We are very vigilant for contraband, but sometimes he finds something.

I feed him smaller quantities so that his stomach if not overfilled and probably created a grazer because of that. I can't leave food out because Ozzie will eat it. Ozzie is on a weight reduction plan of my making and doing well. So, food for both of them is closely measured and monitored for different reasons. Bowls are covered and uncovered accordingly.

Lastly, yum, fresh blueberries! Enjoy.

13. Suzanne & Darcy

I'm making Blueberry Crisp on Saturday! Still lots of blueberries out there, although we lost about half due to that late freeze that damaged a lot of our plants -- including our Arbequina Olive Tree :-( But at least these blueberry bushes of ours are really big and tall and bushy now so we still have blueberries.

Anyway, about weird cats. I have one that likes to eat a lot of weird things. ALL plastic bags must not be left anywhere she can get to them. She would eat rubber bands (but then again other cats would, too) and throw them up, if we let her. Her favorite thing is to chew plastic bags. We try not to let our guard down, although my husband isn't always the best at remembering.

14. Suzanne & Darcy

I see he had a yellow preshot tonight! :cat:

15. Linda and Newman

Linda and Newman Member

I'm sorry @Suzanne & Darcy. I saw your post and answered and then was distracted and did not hit the 'post reply'.

I was saying that yellow is better than pink, so I'll take it.

16. Suzanne & Darcy

QUOTE="Linda and Newman, post: 2961594, member: 1070"]I'm sorry @Suzanne & Darcy. I saw your post and answered and then was distracted and did not hit the 'post reply'.

I was saying that yellow is better than pink, so I'll take it.[/QUOTE]
    I’ve done that before! Came back to the computer and saw that I didn’t send my message. :confused:

17. Linda and Newman

Linda and Newman Member

See new thread 6/10 Newman AMPS 272