6/7 Yoyo AMPS 202

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Debra and Yoyo, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Debra and Yoyo

Debra and Yoyo Well-Known Member

Yesterday 6/6http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/6-6-yoyo-amps-152.230554/

Day 3 @ 1.38 Units Lantus

Good morning....Yoyo's PS are high...maybe an increase is needed....haven't seen green in about 24 hours or more.....Yo is still quiet but he does come downstairs which makes me happier as he wants to be with "us"....he still has no appettite...I gave him ondansetron yesterday but I did not see any improvement.

Everyone.....have a wonderful Sunday, enjoy and stay healthy along with your kitty's who are wished "safe surfing" as always:bighug:

Sarah and Blaze and Sonia & Leo like this.
  2. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to hear he's still not interested in eating - I presume you have tried Forteflora and the usual sprinkles of this and that - sometimes Luci acts disinterested but most likely not due to the same reasons that poor Yoyo is enduring just now - but a bit of freeze dried salmon or freeze dried chicken peaks her interest...just a thought...

I'm sending extra special prayers, hugs and scritches to that sweet boy of yours. Tell him Luci sez to get down from that lemon tree nest...no place for a good looking dude to be hanging out. I hope he feels better soon...:bighug::bighug::bighug:

3. Alicia & Kit cat

Alicia & Kit cat Well-Known Member

I hope Yoyo starts to feel better - it's so rough when they're not feeling well and they can't tell us what's wrong. *gentle scritches*

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Yoyo wants to spend time with you. I hope his appy improves soon. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Sonia & Leo and Debra and Yoyo like this.
  5. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Ondansetron can be given every 8 hours. What dose did you give? At first I wasn’t giving enough . I found it could take a few doses to start to work and if I didn’t would give a sliver of cyproheptadine, an appetite stimulant. Is he eating at least 3/4 of the usual amount? If not I would syringe feed small amounts. :bighug: Feel better Yo-yo.

6. Debra and Yoyo

Thank you for the kind words and then the funny words to Yoyo:joyful:....I smiled which I don't do a lot....thank you!!:bighug:

I tried parmesan cheese yesterday and for a cat who isn't moving a lot he ran from me....he took a whiff and took off and ran down the stairs with me laughng and chasing after him....he used to love his "boiled chicken" but he won't touch that either. I'm thinking of trying some of his old cans of fancy feast....just to see if he will attempt to eat his old time favorite of fancy feast. I took him off of fancy feast when I learned about phosphorous levels and kidney disease. But it's worth a try now.

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  7. Debra and Yoyo

Yoyo is eating because I finger feed him. So he is getting his full amount of food every day. He is so good in letting me feed him. I gave Yo a 1/4 of 4mg tablet of ondansetron.....thank you for checking on Yo:bighug::bighug:

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  8. tiffmaxee

One thing that often happens after a bout of nausea is they develop food aversions to what they ate when nauseous. Have you tried Gerbers all meat baby food? If not get a jar of all four. I had one that didn’t like chicken but loved turkey, beef and ham, the favorite. Your instinct to try food from the past is good as is a flavor never eaten before.

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  9. tiffmaxee

So try half a 4 mg ondansetron. I had to increase the dose for it to help Max. Trial and error. Oh and it takes at least 30 minutes to kick in.

10. Debra and Yoyo

Ok...sounds good:)..I'll have to find it on instacart

11. Debra and Yoyo

Today for the first time his stool is soft-yukky, I was thinking maybe the ondansetron did it as that is the only new med that was introduced yesterday?

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  12. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Debra, I'm so sorry Yoyo isn't bouncing back quickly and that he's still not eating on his own. Poor you, it's hard not to feel really down when our kids are sick. :(

Good idea on trying some of the FF that he used to like and good advice from Elise about trying baby food. Fingers crossed, let us know if that works.

Please start feeling better Yoyo! :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Debra and Yoyo likes this.
  13. Debra and Yoyo

Yo says M E O W I E....translation...thank you!!

14. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

I can just say I'm worried about Yo. Hope he'll eat the food he used to like!!
    Thanks to Elise @tiffmaxee with all her good advices!
    Are you planning another vet visit soon ?
    It's not easy when our kitty is not feeling good and we don't know what's wrong! !:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:
    !

15. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

The possible side effect of ondansetron is constipation, the opposite effect. Did you change his food at all? That could cause some upset.

And yuck on that PMPS! :arghh:

16. Debra and Yoyo

He has been on the same diet up until tonight when I gave him some fancy feast. He actually ate some of the ff from the palm of my hand....that is the first time in weeks that he actually licked up food, all the other times I have finger fed him.

It could be that the zeniquin is giving him an upset tummy....he hasn't had a bowl movement since early today so hopefully that dept is ok...hopefully??

17. Debra and Yoyo

Thanks Lyane....no set vet appt for next week, I have to call to make one, but plan was toward the end of the week to see if he made more RBC....I'm trying to not stick his ears so much as not to lose anymore blood than is necessary. This is the first time ever that I have not done a +2. I'm off to test him now....I'm scared to see where his BG level is after that PMPS:eek:

18. tiffmaxee

Poor Yo How long has he been hyper-t? He definitely could be having side effects from zenequin. How long will he need to be on it?

19. Debra and Yoyo

Hyperthyroid goes back to I believe 2016.....He started zeniquin on 5/31....dosage for 10 days.....I received 20 more pills to be given for a total of 30 days......Yoyo was on zeniquin back in 4/18 for 30 days and had no side effects. He did quite well on it back then and I thought he would have been better by now.

Tina and Salem likes this.
  20. Tina and Salem

Tina and Salem Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug:
    Sue ! Scritches ! :smuggrin::smuggrin::smuggrin::smuggrin::eek::eek::eek: I’m
    Picking on you !

prayers for Yo-yo !
    :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
  21. Tina and Salem

What’s scritches ? Is it not suppose to be scratches ? Lol I see someone else wrote scritches too ? Or are they joking with you ?

22. Tina and Salem

I hope he’s getting better ? Prayers !

23. Alicia & Kit cat

Alicia & Kit cat Well-Known Member

I call them scritches - it's a more fun way to say to give them scratches, at least for me. Sounds less violent in my brain, I guess?

Sonia & Leo and Tina and Salem like this.