6/9 Mocha OTJ update

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by PeterDevonMocha, Jun 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

Good morning everyone! I thought it had been awhile since Mocha had her own little condo so decided to write a quick one today .. All is well in the world of mocha .. She's found a new favorite spot in the house, her 10 year old cat stand that was moved two feet over to the right :lol: Funny how cats are like that! Last week she got into twix's kibble (or so we think) I wanted to test her but peter told me not to, as I was leaving town to go visit a new baby in the family and he told me I would just be stressed over it if her numbers were high .. I still need to do that before I forget!

Not much else to report on our little brown bear .. She still rules the house, still cracks us up, still drags her own teddy bear around usually in the middle of the night howling away .. It's a love/hate relationship .. She loves to hate him .. :lol:

Things around here have been pretty hectic .. 11 weeks ago we put my 90 year old grandma into our local nursing home .. The transition has not been going well .. She is confident the aides are trying to kill her when we are not there .. To calm her down we put her on some new meds and they were too strong for her so she slept non stop for nearly a week and wouldn't even wake up to eat .. Unfortunately, during that time my mom and sister and I were making a quick trip to TX to see an uncle of mine who is not doing well with bone cancer and we weren't able to be here for her .. Thankfully we got the meds more regulated for her and she is doing better, but hates it up there .. So since I'm close by and don't work outside of the home I'm going up there almost daily to sit with her .. I don't mind it at all, except it's cutting into my time for condos on here, which is why I haven't been posting as much .. Plus, we've been trying to sell our house for awhile and now we're scheduling open houses on the weekends so in between peter's work schedule and visiting my grandma we're trying to get caught up on small projects around here ..

Whew! What a book :lol: But I just wanted to stop in and let you all know how well mocha is doing and the reasons behind why I'm not posting everyday .. I'd love to be able to get back into that routine as this board and all of you mean so much to us, but it's going to be hit and miss for awhile ..

So fingers crossed for lots of blues and greens to be popping up on SS's everywhere!

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Great Mocha report!! It reminds me of my angel Tiffany who didn't drag around a toy but did drag around her balls that she liked to play fetch with me. She did better than any dog I've had! :lol:

As for your grandmother, those medications are a necessity to keep them from becoming impossible mentally,but, can do a lot of damage if too strong or the wrong ones. My elderly mom nearly went into a coma from one while recuperating in the hospital from a UTI. The young hospitalist added a medication on top of what she was already getting and we couldn't arouse her. The dye from a scan woke her up but it was really scary. I'm glad you are close by to check on her. :YMHUG:

Good luck selling the house.

3. Deborah & Shasta

Deborah & Shasta Well-Known Member

Awwww, what a fantastic Mocha report! I love that kitties are so particular as to where their furniture goes! Cute Mocha and her teddy bear! They sound like a perfect couple. She drags him around in the middle of the night and howls at him and he just lays there! :lol: :lol:

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother and your uncle. Sending prayers of comfort, strength & improved health for them both. And bless you and your family for all the love and support you guys have given to them. I wish you and your husband all sorts of luck getting your house ready for all the open houses. :D Have a great day, Devon!

4. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Nice report on Mocha, we're waiting to her how she tests now!

Sorry to hear about your grandmother, it is so hard on them to have their world changed suddenly. Vines for your family and good luck w/ the house!

5. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Hi Devon, Peter, and Mocha. I'm happy to see such a good Mocha report :smile: Thanks for the update and am wishing your house selling to be a success and not take too long, and vines for your grandma to settle in and make some friends.

6. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Mocha is doing so well. It's so funny how you can move something just a little bit and it's like new.

Sending prayers for your Grandma and Uncle.

7. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

HI Devon

I love to hear that Mocha Bear is doing so well still! She still getting her daily facials? :lol:
    I had forgotten how Checkers carried a toy around at night, talking to himself...actually, he howled "HELLOOOOOOO"
    It would have scared the dickens out of an overnight visitor Thanks for the memory. :D

I'm sorry your gram is still not accepting her new home. She must love having you visit so often.
    You really are a sweetheart. :YMHUG:

8. mariko

mariko Well-Known Member

Hi Devon,
    Great Mocha update! :D
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sending prayers for your grandma and uncle.

9. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Devon,
    How wonderful that Mocha is doing so well. And how neat that she is getting so much pleasure from the repositioning of her old cat stand!

Sending many vines of comfort to your grandma and healing vines to your uncle. When we had to move my 95 year old aunt to a nursing home it was not easy on her or on us, so I know how time-consuming it can be. But it is also wonderful to be able to spend time with someone who has always meant a lot to you. I know that your grandma loves having your visits.

Good luck to you and Peter with the open houses and hopefully the sale. I guess you won't be doing much camping this summer!

Hugs and scritches,

Ella & Rusty

10. Linda and Scooter & Jack

Linda and Scooter & Jack Well-Known Member

Hi Devon!

What a fun Mocha report! We move our furniture in spring and fall and the cats all think the moving of the cat posts is wonderful!

Sending healing vines out to your family and patience vines for you.

Linda

11. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

We love to read Mocha updates! Life sounds very busy for your right now, we completely understand. You have been the most dedicated daily poster to condos, so you deserve a little break to tend to other life events. Paws crossed your house sells quickly and smoothly, like buttah!

Anne

12. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

Another night howler! The only thing Cinco drags is us out of bed! :shock: :sad:

Great report on Mocha. I hope her BG is okay. How often are you checking her? Don't get complacent like I did when Cinco was OTJ- I should have caught his numbers going up a lot sooner but I was lazy.

So sorry about your DG. It's hard to find the perfect place for them when they need some help. I hope she gets comfortable there soon.

13. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

It's always a joy to hear that Miss Mocha Jo Latte is doing well. She cracks me up with her bear. Hope Twix is also doing well.

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma and uncle. It's such a difficult adjustment when our loved ones have to leave their homes.

Good luck on selling the house. I hope things settle down. Big hugs!!

14. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone for understanding (as I knew you would!) We've been trying to sell our home for a long time now, we just haven't found the right buyer apparently!

Tricia, we try to test mocha about twice a month, sometimes we go longer then we should though! Thanks for the reminder, and I'll test her today :D

Marje, twix is doing well also, right now she is sound asleep purring loudly in her basket next to me .. such the life!

And thanks for all the well wishes to my grandma and my uncle .. As hard as it is to see my grandma so unhappy I am enjoying this extra special time with her .. She's taking to serenading me with some Elvis songs each time I visit .. Are you lonesome tonight and You ain't nothing but a hound dog seem to be on repeat with her :lol:

I do hope to be able to get back into daily condo's again .. After posting so much for the last few years it feels like a part of my routine is missing when I can't get here daily!

Thanks again everyone!

15. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Devon :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

It is so great to her from you,a nd to read that mocha continues to do well.

I so understand on the time involved with life, and the ability to post her regularly. it is the same with me. I wish the best for your grandmother. That transition can be so tough for them. It is wonderful that you can go an spend time with her.

Good luck to on selling your home.

Have a good one, hope all goes well. Great to hear from you!

16. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

Hi Guys!! Sounds like Mocha is doing well, which always puts a smile on my face! She is such a funny girl....now, if you only would have known sooner that just a few feet on the kitty condo was all it took, huh, lol.

So sorry to hear about your gram and your uncle. Poor gram. It is never easy to make that transition from your house to a nursing home. But one good thing is that you are close enough and can go calm her down and make her feel better. My heart goes out to our senior citizens. I hope your uncle knows how much he is loved too. My prayers go out to both of them.

Oh...your house looks absolutely stunning and it should go fast! I bet those open houses are hectic for you guys. Got to make sure EVERYTHING is sparkly clean to make that good impression. Not that you are a dirty type of gal, but with two kitties and running to see gram every day, things do tend to get overlooked. I hope you are following the rule of thumb.....make an apple pie or simmer some cinnamon potpourri in a warmer to give a nice aroma....or better yet....you should be baking some cookies and tell the perspective buyer that a cookie basket goes to the new home owner....NOW that should work!! Good luck on selling the house!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.