6/9 Yoyo AMPS 339

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Debra and Yoyo, Jun 9, 2020.

1. Debra and Yoyo

Debra and Yoyo Well-Known Member

Yesterday 6/8 http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/6-8-yoyo-amps-198.230655/

Day 1 @ 1.62 Units Lantus

Good Morning....I raised Yoyo's dose once again....very high PS number this morning...still not himself, very quiet and not eating by himself. He is not any worse, just not any better either!!

Wishing everyone a pleasant safe day and wishing our kitties safe surfing:bighug:

Sarah and Blaze likes this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Good luck with the new dose. I hope Yoyo feels better soon. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Debra and Yoyo likes this.
  3. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Yoyo, those pinks are really out of character for you. Poor baby, please, please start feeling better. :bighug::bighug::bighug:
    For you Debra...:bighug::bighug::bighug: I can only imagine how worried you are. :(

4. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

Hope he starts to feel better! Did he have a complete blood work very recently?
    Sending prayers for little Yo! :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

5. Sarah and Blaze

Sarah and Blaze Well-Known Member

Feel better soon Yoyo!!:bighug::bighug::bighug:

6. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Is Yo getting AB? Can you run a urine sample in?

7. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Hoping the zenequin will work soon and he will feel better.

8. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Just saw the zeniquin. Not to add to your worries, side effect is prolonged lack of appetite.

9. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

I'm sorry he's still feeling poorly. I sure hope that not feeling worse is a good sign that he's just taking a breather...needs a little time to get things sorted out...and then will turn it around.

Hang in there Debra! Sending hugs and prayers!!:bighug::bighug::bighug:

10. Debra and Yoyo

I like your way of thinking....I hope he turns it around soon:bighug:

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  11. Debra and Yoyo

The poor little guy has had a lot of blood recently and that is why this last visit the vet only did a % blood test of HCT or hemoglobin....she says every time they take blood it can cause more anemia, she says a big dog has little effect but on a little cat taking blood can effects his results. So we waited and I have an appt for Yo tomorrow....not sure what blood test will be taken as I sit in the CAR..ugghhh!
    Thank you for the continual prayers:bighug:

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  12. Debra and Yoyo

:cat::):bighug:

13. Debra and Yoyo

He had a culture and sensitivity which came back NEGATIVE ?? I question the result and that is why he is on zeniquin for whatever kind of infection that he has but he also has low RBC....making him weak. Why the low RBC...they don't know...could be kidney infection, bacteria in urine, I read on Tanya's site that convenia can - maybe cause anemia and YES he had a convenia injection when this all started at the end of May. Also, Yoyo has a history of anemia.

14. tiffmaxee

Kidney disease can make cats anemic. My first kidney cat was and needed epogen. Yoyo is not at that point which is why B Complex might work well.

15. Debra and Yoyo

Vet gave B12 injection, she said that she only gives b complex in fluids.

16. tiffmaxee

Get the oral B Complex.

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  17. Debra and Yoyo

Where do you buy oral b complex for cats. Dosages that I have are 1000mg? Is there a site that sells the B complex vitamins for cats?

18. tiffmaxee

You just have to open the capsule and divide it. I forget how much you give daily but just a pinch. Tanya’s site gives dosages. I used Jarrow’s B Right.

19. Debra and Yoyo

Thanks...I read that on Tanya's site but I think she says that now they add extra ingredients to it or that they no longer make it....I'll have to reread...thank you again!

20. tiffmaxee

I last used it over 3 1/2 years ago. Ask on her group what people are using instead. I just read what Helen had to say on B Complex. Too bad about Jarrow’s. I also didn’t know Nutrived changed it’s formula and isn’t good any more either. Tough now as there’s nothing.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
  21. Debra and Yoyo

Ok....but I'm not sure how to do that. I saw the brand that you used but as Tanya writes they added calçium phosphorus and other companies no longer sell it either accept for the the one in the UK which she writes to contact them to see if they will sell it. Seems too complicated.

22. tiffmaxee

Yes. I just read that. It doesn’t look like there’s an alternative.