69 BG - Please advise.

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by steph_frances, Sep 9, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steph_frances

steph_frances Member

Hi! So we did only 1 unit last night & 1 unit this morning. He's still quite low. 69 at +3 today.

Any advice for how to proceed from here? This is the cat who was originally prescribed 4 units twice a day, & after his glucose curve the vet wanted to up him to 5.5 units (he was high - over 400- all day long on his glucose curve on August 31.) Up till yesterday evening, I was giving him 3.5 U.

His poops seem a bit messy from time to time right now. He's eating well. Not drinking a whole lot. Going to the bathroom (both urine & pooping). Seems alert ish. Any feedback or recommendations appreciated! Thanks!

2. Sarah&Soph

Sarah&Soph Member

I will tag @JanetNJ for you to see what she thinks, but per the Prozinc dosing sticky, if you are following SLGS and not the modified method:

Reducing the Dose:
    • Anytime the BG drops below 90 mg/dL, reduce the dose by 0.25u at the next shot.

steph_frances likes this.
  3. steph_frances

steph_frances Member

Thank you! I'm going to try to keep testing today to see where his numbers are going.

Sarah&Soph likes this.
  4. Hshray

Hshray Well-Known Member

Last edited: Sep 9, 2021
  5. Sarah&Soph

Sarah&Soph Member

Definitely a good idea if you are able to! Most cats don’t hit their lowest point on Prozinc until +4-7, so +3 is a little early in the cycle for a 69

6. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Going forward lower to 0.5. :)

steph_frances and Sarah&Soph like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.