7/02 Shadoe & Oliver amps 121/257 pmps 178/319

Discussion in 'Acromegaly / IAA / Cushings Cats' started by Blue, Jul 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Yesterday’s Condo for Shadoe & Oliver

I am still trying to figure out the best way to do one condo for both in this group; I'll play around with it all but think I like posting in this group so that their issues don't get lost in the shuffle in LL.

So, this morning was quite a surprise -Shadoe had a little bounce or something the other day and is back where we were, I wonder if we need to cut her dose down a bit. I was just about to slip down to 8u or a f8u and she throws that crazy 392 amps. This morn is c10 at this dose and I am sure we will hit green but she is good to come up with a bit of yummies. She has been acting more and more like her old mushy self, so that's more important that changing her dose. She is still having the odd urine accident outside the LB, every few days, but otherwise she seems pretty fine.

Oliver seems to doing OK as well. He's settling into his dose, c2 at 13.5uLev. His coat is also getting shinier as is Shadoe's, and it's almost time for the weekend weigh in. He is a very solid boy, but I think he's leveled off now as he's not eating as much as before. Also, I think his increased activity, chasing Booboo around and playing more, is directly related to the addition of Lax a Day to his foods. It looks like his poop issues are dwiindling; I think he's having an easier time with his deposits.
    He has his own tray for his foods and water and milk but does he stick to his spot? No, he has to eat in Shadoe's raised spot. I had to put his food in her spot and then he was happy; what a goof.

Oliver has started to sit by my feet - I swear he is part dog - when he wants some attention. Strange but that's ok; at least I know.

Attached Files:

2. OptOut

OptOut Well-Known Member

Re: 7/02 Shadoe and Oliver - amps 121 and 257

Hey Gayle!

Acros and people trying to help them (like D), might appreciate reading the advice you get on FB over here. How would you feel about copy/pasting any of the useful discussions? Carolyn and Lorna have so, so much experience.

As always, I have no advice, but I love you stories and pictures. Hope you all have a great day!

PS - We all starting to wonder if acros are smarter than other kitties? :mrgreen:

3. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Re: 7/02 Shadoe and Oliver - amps 121 and 257

If I knew what to put here I would. Oft times, it's a cryptic 5 words, or something like the following:
    The reason I said don't HC a high green is it's unlikely he'll drop much further past his nadir and high green is safe. In the future if you feed LC on a high green and he drops further, THEN feed HC and skip the shot entirely.

If you don't know that he is a late nadir, the above contradicts what would be done for Shadoe whose nadir is close to mid-cycle.

Below is another on Shadoe:
    u dont go by the pmps/amps number ,u go by that lowest point which for her is around +6 or the lowest number hence her nadir. as much as the 94 is a nice number and the dose is working for her....is up to u but maybe see how low she goes w this cycle and maybe shave off the .25.u see what happens is after she hits that low she will probabaly ... See Morebounce off that number which i expect her to do and is normal.iis up to yu gayle if yu want to hold the 8.25 as long as u can be there around to check her for tomorrow. usually if u have to feed it its a reduction.

and some on both:
    Tomorrow I think you should shoot 1/2 a dose in the morning and let that shed drain. My guess is that 9u is too high and when it wasn't reduced, she went into rebound cycles. I think you should drop her back to 8.5u tomorrow PM. With Ollie I am very glad to see he is leveling out at such a low dose comparatively to his recent over 20u doses!

The copy/paste from fb is like doing work twice, and when you are time limited, it just does not work.
    Just keeping straight on 2 very different acros is a handful.
    A comment like "shadoe get me a +2 a +3.5 and a +5 " won't mean a thing unless you are following her ss, and I can't even say why those 3 times, so it's simpler to read the wall.

It would be easier if you saw something on the wall that would benefit others and just let me know so I can put it over here.

As for smarter, I think they are more devious and snicker at us all the time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.