7.1 Bella amps 251,+2 144,+8 149,pmps 151

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Bellasmom, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Bella slides down today. :bighug::bighug:

Bellasmom likes this.
  3. Bellasmom

@Bron and Sheba (GA) @Wendy&Neko will you take a look at Bella’s numbers and I have his labs posted but his numbers have been crazy since the hospital visit, any ideas what is going on

4. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

When I load your SS on the iPad I am getting the 2019 SS and can’t get the 2020 SS.
    However when I look on my iPhone I see the 2020 SS. Unfortunately the phone is too small to look at the SS properly.
    Can you check the SS is all on order please?

5. Bellasmom

I just did and all seems well, I’m on an iPad as well, what do I need to look for, it all looks right

6. Bellasmom

7. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Thanks! I can see the one you have just posted but the one in your signature is the 2019 one

8. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Jamie you were giving 1.5f units before the hospital visit, then it dropped to 1 unit for 4 doses which would have drained the depot, then 1.25 and now 1.5 units again.
    All I can think of is you need to get back up to the 1.5f dose again and let the depot fill to see if that brings down the BG. You may have to go up a bit higher as well.

Bellasmom and LizzieInTexas like this.
  9. Bellasmom

Thanks Bron, that's what they told me to do at er, just give 1u but as u can see it wasnt gonna work
    Thanks again for looking

10. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

How is Bella doing since visit?

11. Bellasmom

His numbers are crazy, some days he eats better than others, seems when I give fluids is when he doesn’t feel well, to sure if it’s stressing him out or not, thank you for checking on him, we go to vet Friday. How are you all doing

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  12. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Hanging in. Ollie's u/s is on the 6th. Ollie feels good after her fluids, she just wants to eat.

Sonia & Leo and Bellasmom like this.
  13. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

This is from Tayan's web site about CD " Giving too many fluids or too soon may also increase the risk of overhydration. This is a particular risk for cats with heart problems. Therefore it is best not to begin fluids until the advantages are likely to outweigh the disadvantages "
    Dr Katherine James of the Veterinary Information Network believes that this tends to happen and that most CKD cats will benefit from subcutaneous therapy once creatinine levels are consistently over 3.5-4.0 mg/dl (USA) or 300-350 µmol/l (international). This equates to high Stage 3 of the IRIS staging system. If your vet thinks your cat's CKD is less advanced than this, and your cat does not appear dehydrated, then it is probably better to hold off on sub-Qs for the moment. Giving more than is needed to maintain hydration is a strain on the kidneys can make a cat feel uncomfortable. "

Sometimes a CKD cat may develop fluid retention or fluid build-up. This may be a sign of worsening kidney values or of heart problems, but in many cases it is actually a sign of overhydration from subcutaneous fluids .https://felinecrf.org/symptoms_regulation_body_fluid.htm#overhydration

You mentioned Bella had fast breathing & open mouth. This was also mentioned on Tanya's site about over hydration.

Ravan has not had any Ringers yet because his Creatine is at 2.0 the last time he was checked. Because Alice & him appear to have runny eyes & sneezing I'm going to start giving them ringers twice a week.

Hope this information helps.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
    Sonia & Leo and Bellasmom like this.
  14. Bellasmom

Thank you

15. Bellasmom

I
    I think ur rigjt, today +8 149 whoo hoooo

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  16. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Another blue!! WTG Bella!! Keep that kiki bar open!! :cool:

Bellasmom likes this.
  17. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

What a relief to see Bella's BG coming down!!! :)

upload_2020-7-1_14-15-25.jpeg

Bellasmom likes this.
  18. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

I'm glad Bella is coming down. Sounds like you've had a big day.

Take care Jamie!

Bellasmom likes this.