7/10 Chloe - AMPS 90 | PMPS 104

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Librarianista, Jul 10, 2021.

1. Librarianista

Librarianista Member

2. Summer and Susie (GA)

Summer and Susie (GA) Well-Known Member

Good morning! Hope Chloe continues to have great numbers.

Librarianista likes this.
  3. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

Hi Alex! Hope those blues above 120 start going away once Chloe's GI issues resolve themselves. Then maybe you can start reducing after 7 days in greens. Wouldn't that be exciting? :woot:

4. Librarianista

Librarianista Member

So I can reduce even if she doesn’t go below 50? I’d love to take her down!

Edit: just read the TR sticky again and wahoo! That’s an exciting prospect.

Egg yolk came yesterday, so we started working that into rotation with dinner. Got a whole can of pumpkin I need to find space for in the freezer now (tiny apartment fridge :p)

Katherine&Ruby likes this.
  5. Katherine&Ruby

Just start slowly with the egg yolk, a smidge at the beginning. I use freeze dried pumpkin powder from Raw Paws instead of the canned. It stores forever and I rehydrate it in water in the bowl before I put food in.

6. Librarianista

Librarianista Member

I have measuring spoons that are for Dash, Pinch, and Smidgen (1/32 tsp maybe?). She got a smidgen with dinner last night, maybe a bit more sine it goes in both bowls.
    And of course there was watery vomit this afternoon. :rolleyes:

7. Katherine&Ruby

Oh dear. What were her BUN and Creatinine values from the last time she went to the vet? I see your labs from February and it looks like the values were a little high, like early CKD levels. Did your vet discuss this with you? I might try a ¼ tab of Pepcid once a day to see if that helps with the vomiting. Lots of CGs for CKD kitties use it and it seems to work well.

8. Librarianista

Librarianista Member

All labs I have are in her spreadsheet. Vet did not discuss CKD that I recall.

9. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I'm glad Katherine caught that you can reduce given the more than a week in mostly normal numbers.

If Chloe is over 10yo, it may be wise to have labs run every 6 most. They typically run a senior panel. If she's younger, I'd want to get labs where they run an SDMA. It's a test that's predictive of kidney issues. In the mean time, think about adding ore water to Chloe's food. Diabetes is hard on the kidneys. Water will help. FWIW, the only value that I noticed was Chloe's BUN being a bit elevated.

10. Librarianista

Librarianista Member

She’s 13, and has her 6 mo. check up scheduled next month with a dental, so we’re on track for that :)

I have been adding more water to her food, and I’ve noticed her at the water fountain less. Though the litter box results haven’t really shown any change (2-3 deposits per day), so maybe she’s just drinking when I’m not looking.

Re: reducing the dose, since she’s still had an odd mid-blue, when should I look at doing that? I will also be skipping a shot Friday evening because of family in town.

Katherine&Ruby likes this.
  11. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

The TR approach doesn't say each and every number needs to be normal range. The majority of the numbers need to be that range, though. I'd be more concerned about those PM +2s that are in the blues if Chloe wasn't back in green numbers at AMPS. It may simply be a bump from having eaten.

I think you can reduce at any time. If the reduction doesn't hold, bring the dose back up.

If you miss a shot, remember that the cycle count starts over.

12. Katherine&Ruby

Yes, the creatinine was within reference range but given her BUN was a little high, any creatinine between 1.6 and 2.8 is considered Stage 2 according to Tanya's CRF. Now that Chloe's on wet food exclusively and she's getting lots of water, the values might be a better controlled now. It's still good to get it an SDMA test since she's a senior as @Sienne and Gabby (GA) suggests, but in looking at kidney values I was looking for an explanation for the vomiting.

13. Librarianista

Librarianista Member

She had a UTI when those labs were taken. Would that have caused that number to be elevated?

14. Katherine&Ruby

I know that UTIs are common in CKD cats, but I don't know that they would cause elevated kidney values in an otherwise healthy cat.