7/10 FCC AMPS 367, (regular pmps 139, fed, waited .5) PMPS 149, +1 223, +2 263

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Acadaca, Jul 10, 2021.

1. Acadaca

Acadaca Member

Hi,

Tonight FCC has the second lowest numbers he's shown. He is just getting his regular food now. Am I safe to shoot as normal or should I wait?

Tested at PMPS +.25 149 (post smaller meal)

I am realizing I maybe shouldn't have given him food. I can stay up with him until whenever necessary.

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/7-9-fcc-amps-171-2-333.249643/

Last edited: Jul 11, 2021
    Reason for edit: More information
  2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Yes, if you can monitor, shoot the full dose. Get a +1 and +2 for starters.

With TR, you can shoot any number over 50 provided you can monitor. When you get a low pre-shot, stall without feeding and test after 20 mins to see if the number is flat or rising.

Acadaca likes this.
  3. Acadaca

Acadaca Member

Thank you. I got flustered and then fed him without thinking it through. I will monitor his proper +1 and +2, but what am I looking for and when would it be safe for me to stop monitoring him? I am not going anywhere, but don't want to go to sleep until it's safe.

4. Bandit's Mom

I think you should know by +2 if he's headed up from here or if it will be an active cycle that will need more tests later at night.
    I will be around. Let me know the +1 and +2. :)

Acadaca likes this.
  5. Acadaca

Acadaca Member

Thank you so much. I will definitely report back.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  6. Acadaca

Acadaca Member

His +1 is 223

Should I take the question mark out of the thread title and should I add the 223 to the title or just keep it in the thread.

Thank you so much again.

7. Bandit's Mom

Looks like he is headed higher. You should be okay to call it a night after the +2.

Yes, you can take off the question from the title and add tonight's numbers.

Acadaca likes this.
  8. Acadaca

Acadaca Member

Thanks. I am pretty sure it's really confusing, but it's late! That's my excuse at least. I will post the +2 and then hopefully be able to head to bed. If his number rise or are stable, does this mean it is unlikely to affect his AMPS since he got his normal dose? I am slowly (Very slowly) starting to understand the spreadsheet. I still don't see when the insulin kicks in for him, but I am guessing I just need to keep adding data. Until tonight I don't think I really understood the notion of shooting for the time when you know the insulin usually kicks in.

You and this site are the best of the internet. I wouldn't know what to do otherwise. I really appreciate your support.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  9. Bandit's Mom

Since you shot his normal dose, the depot will not be disrupted. He will however bounce from the lows he saw today so he will probably be higher till the bounce clears.

Acadaca likes this.
  10. Acadaca

Acadaca Member

His +2 is 263.

Should I be worried about anything tonight or is it safe to assume the sleep position?

11. Acadaca

Acadaca Member

Okay, thank you. I'm still working on understanding bounces and depots. I'm reading the stuff available several times over and I think it's just a matter of learning to read his numbers.

12. Bandit's Mom

Sorry for the delay. Very safe to go to bed!

Acadaca likes this.