7/10 Ming +6 PM = 200 update

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Crista & Ming, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Crista & Ming

Crista & Ming Well-Known Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/3-23-ming-update.227443/

Hello long time no post! I've decided Ming and I need to get back on this board and try to be as active as possible. Since covid 19, work has been BUSIER and life's just been a lil crazy but things are finally settling down after so many months. I've missed my fellow sugarcat caretakers! I hope everyone is well!!

I've tried to update Ming's SS as much as possible before I posted. There are huge chunks of data missing from months before unfortunately. Right now, he's doing alright on 3.75 units of Levemir. A few weeks ago, on 7/27, I reduced Ming's dose by a whole unit because I had been stalling for over 2 hours and decided on a reduced shot instead of waiting longer. That worked really well for some reason so I kept with the reduced dose.

Since our last update in March, Ming has gotten his hyperthyroid treated in April with iodine radiation therapy. He was losing weight fast and eating too much and his BGs were all over the place so I went to get his blood tested again and he was hyperthyroid for sure. Ming stayed overnight at the iodine therapy clinic and was released home the following day (he didn't like it there AT ALL. The vet said he was growling and looking super grumpy in his suite. Plus they made an exception for me since he's diabetic and I'm in the vet med field).

His weight was about 7.4 kg before his I-131 treatment. Now he's back up there at 8.43 kg!!! :woot::woot::woot: His appetite is normal and his sugars have been pretty okay. We're still doing post-treatment bloodwork and it's been good so far.

Ming's also been getting acupuncture! One of the vets I work with offers it so we thought we'd try to see if it could help with Ming's diabetes. I can't say for sure if its doing anything but it doesn't hurt him and he doesn't mind being poked. We're doing it monthly now.

IMG_1812 2.JPG

And Ming still feels like this about the dog:

IMG_8550-2.JPG

Hope everyone is doing well!

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

It's good to hear from you. Love the pictures. Glad Ming is doing better after the I-131 treatment. I hope he slides down today.

Crista & Ming likes this.
  3. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Such adorable pictures! He sure is a beautiful boy!

Sorry you've been so crazy busy...I can relate! Welcome back! Looking forward to hearing from you every day :D

Give Ming some scritches from us...:bighug::bighug:

4. Briere Fur Mom

Briere Fur Mom Well-Known Member

Oh wow Crista good to hear from ya...great to hear the update about Ming. Can't wait to see you back on the board!
    Have a wonderful day:)
    Be good Mr. Ming:cat:

5. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

I didn't know you from when you were on here before cos I'm new, but welcome back! I love the photos of your beautiful Ming. Looks like he is quite content getting acupuncture treatments.

6. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Nice to see you back. Ming is adorbs as always.

7. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

Hi Crista! I'm not on the forum often, but I was thinking hard about you recently! I've been to the vet clinic several times since Covid-19 changed all our lives. Vet Techs (especially you and those I know) are awesome - thank you:bighug: The clinic I go to shut down for 4 days just a week ago, because of a doctor and tech testing positive. Thankfully, (I was waiting on bloodwork results) one vet stayed to answer calls during their shut down and extensive cleaning.

Ming looks great - you have both been missed - and I'm glad you were able to bring him home sooner than usual after the I-131 treatment. Tina had to stay from a Monday through Friday, when she had it done in 2018.

Your boy is so photogenic! Take good care of yourself:bighug::):cat::bighug:

Crista & Ming and Butters & Lyla like this.
  8. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

So happy to see you back with our so handsome Ming!! Life can keep us very busy sometimes.
    Nice update and great to see how well he's doing. Too bad he still doesn't like your sister's dog....:rolleyes:
    I don't post much lately, my little 18yo girl Zoe doesn't have long to go (CKD end stage)...:( so I spend all the time I can with her!
    Take good care of yourself, Crista! :bighug:

9. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

WOW!
    Ming is looking fantastic. And his chart is looking amazing too. He is such a handsome kitteh. I just LOVE those photos.:bighug::bighug::bighug:

Chinus and Little Dude both say HI!!!!

10. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Hi Crista, I too was thinking about you and Ming lately.:bighug::bighug: Glad to hear he got his i131 treatment done - that should help his FD as well. Give that big boy some scritches from me.

11. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Great to see you back!

Question - there's a 41 on Ming's SS for 8/16. At least in Ohio, it's still 8/15.

Also, do you have any numbers stored in your meter for the last few days that you could enter on Ming's SS?