? 7/21 pmps 135 shoot full dose?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Nelson and Taz, Jul 21, 2020.

1. Nelson and Taz

Nelson and Taz Member

This is the lowest day he has had and I'm just really nervous. He's harder to test at night. Do I shoot? Full dose or reduced?
    Thanks

2. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Sorry we didn’t get to answer earlier. I see you shot a reduced dose of 3 units instead of 3.25 units. You will still need to test as the depot of the 3.25 is in play.

Red & Rover (GA) likes this.
  3. Nelson and Taz

Nelson and Taz Member

Thanks. The time difference gets in the way sometimes. I'm expecting a very interrupted sleep. Do you think I should keep the reduced dose of 3? Or do we need more data?

4. Bron and Sheba (GA)

With TR Nelson needs to drop under 50 to get a reduction so I think go back to your previous dose. But keep an eye on the BG because he’s giving you a couple of green BGs.

I see he had an issue with peeing yesterday with blood. Is he peeing now. How is he today? The bladder issue sounds like FLUTD? Has that been talked about with your vet?

5. Nelson and Taz

Nelson and Taz Member

Thanks, I'll get back to 3.25 in morning. Spoke to our vet an hour ago. Nelson may need an ultrasound on his bladder. He's doing much better today, expelling enough urine. UTI definitely present and blood but no ketones thankfully. Vet thinks a stress event may have influenced things and I should consider anti-anxiety meds. The only thing that stressses him is his injections really.

6. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Google FLUDT. My Sheba used to get episodes of FLUDT with symptoms such as difficulty peeing, multiply trips to the littler box and doing tiny pees, blood in urine, sometimes dribbling pee without knowing. The symptoms used to settle after a few days. Antibiotics do not help but pain medication will as it’s painful. Stress certainly brought on episodes with Sheba. A feliway collar may help.

Nelson and Taz likes this.