7/22 Bandit AMPS 114

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Julia & Bandit (GA), Jul 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Julia & Bandit (GA)

Julia & Bandit (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Everyone,

Thought I'd give an update on Bandit since we've been gone for a bit. I was very overwhelmed with school, but class is done for now and I had a minute today to breathe and update Bandit's SS.

His vestibular problems have seemed to resolved well--he can jump around his cat tree just fine. He hasn't been playing like he used to but he does want to play some (no mouse chasing, but he wants to wrestle a lot and chase toys on strings every so often). It also could be because of the crazy heat wave we're having, and I don't have AC. So he mostly just wants to lay around and I don't blame him because I feel the same way.

His Horner's seems to be a bit better than it was, but it's still significant. I know it can take up to 6 months to resolve and it's only been a month or so, but I just hate seeing his face look like there's something wrong, even if I know he feels fine.

He finally regulated the week I was away at school, and seems to be doing well on .5s units right now. I won't be able to get a curve until next weekend because of work, but I'll probably do a mini curve some night early next week.

Bandit's normal BG is a little higher than most cats--he normally falls in the 80-140 range so I did take that account when adjusting his doses. He's still throwing out a few higher than normal numbers, so I may increase back to .5u on Monday if he stays in the same range as he is now. I get nervous shooting a full dose when his PS is less than 120, which is how he got down to .5s. Probably should have stuck with .5u for a bit longer.

2. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

Hi guys, what a nice update on bandit! Love hearing that he is still enjoying playing and that his face is looking better .. like you said, it's only been about a month .. it's hard to be patient, isn't it? Thanks for the update and have a great day!

3. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I'm so glad to hear that Bandit is doing better. We'll have to ask Marje to loan you her patience pants -- hopefully Bandit will make steady progress and work his way through the Horners.

I'm also glad you have some room to breathe now that school's over.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.