7/22 Lanky News Flash - Road Trip to Ft. Collins

Discussion in 'Acromegaly / IAA / Cushings Cats' started by sehjak (Susan & Lanky), Jul 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sehjak (Susan & Lanky)

sehjak (Susan & Lanky) Well-Known Member

Lanky's 7/22 LL Condo

FLASH: Some details to confirm but it looks like we are leaving Saturday, Jul 31, right after AMPS, for Ft. Collins. A CT scan will occur on Monday, with SRT (Sterotactic Radiation Therapy) following over the next 4 days at CSU. We are so excited.

All you ACRO Moms that have had this treatment: Please provide any tips, suggestions, or recommendations - travel tips, logistics, hotels, what not to forget, special things to do, see, or ask about - anything.

And suggestions from anyone on anything are much appreciated too as we prepare for a trip of a life-time!

More info to come as it develops.

2. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

Oh my gosh, you're going to do it, and soon! Lucky Lanky we'll have to call him!

3. Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA

Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA Well-Known Member

How exciting!!!

Wendy, Heather, Holly and Joan are the first ones to pop in my head -- most of whom spend more time on Facebook. Have you posted your good news there yet?

4. OptOut

OptOut Well-Known Member

Congratulations!!!

I would recommend staying at the Quality Inn and Suites. It's the closest to CSU, it's convenient to lots of other stuff, fridges & microwaves in room, and they should give you a good price if you tell them your cat is being treated at CSU.

5. sanrun

sanrun Member

I took Cecil to CSU, it's a really nice area. I stayed the same place as Wendy & Milo, I think it was a Best Western. It was a decent place, they had a little kitchen area with a frig. Pool was nice, if you like to swim. There are some nice trails to run or hike on. I would love to go back out for a more pleasant trip! Cecil wasn't able to get the treatment because he had a bad heart.

Take Care,
    Sandy & Dottie

6. Debbie and Bryce

Debbie and Bryce Member

Best of luck and safe travels !! Looking forward to hearing about the trip and the process. We'll all be thinking about you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.