7/23-26 Caturday Condo: Happy Caturday everyone! DH UPDATE

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Michelle and Mannie (GA), Jul 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Good Morning Afternoon LL!! :coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee: (YUM! Vanessa outdid herself this morning: PRIMO!) HAPPY SUNDAY to everyone!

LL! It's is I, Vanessa, president and CEO of The Coffee Cat! Life is GOOD! Bug and Lola, Co-CEO's of Paw Prints Pizza are open, and ready for business! They are running a Weekend Special: BBQ Pizzas! Lots of kitteh treats in them pies, tuna, chicken and shrimps! All on their signature catnip crust. It is mega good. They also have a dessert berry pie, lots of whip cream to holds it all together. So.... order early, and party hearty! I have been very busy this weekend too! My special for today is a coffee infused 4 berry frappe. It is mega good, I swear! So..... Coffee time! :coffee::coffee::coffee: For today, I proudly offer Vanessa's special 10 hour energy coffee, and triple shot espressos, with beans from Starbucks Pike Place Market, their original blend, AND.... for all my Mocha fans: a VENTI Quad Blueberry infused white mocha/mocha blend with white chocolate chips melted within, swirled with a raspberry puree, topped with a strawberry infused whip garnished with caramelized berry sprinkles and white chocolate curls and a caramel drizzle.......SWEET! Vanessa's bakery is all stocked for today too: baguettes and croissants and donut holes, including my signature berry jams. They too is mega goods. I made them myself! :cat:

[​IMG]

I hope everyone has had a great week. We have been.... well, busy again! :eek::joyful::cool: As I say every week: I just can't imagine not being on the go. ;) It keeps us out of trouble, and makes for great times! I often think back on the weeks happenings, and wonder how in the world did we do all that! I know I write this every week, but it really was the same these past few weeks. I am sorry I have missed a week or so of posts, things and life just got in the way. We have been more than just busy.... even the weekends have been full! :eek::joyful: I sometimes wonder when I come up for air... :rolleyes: Life with the boys has been great. We've had sleepovers once a week, late night at rivers on others, and in general just great times. We have had a weeks of adventures, and fun, and crazy as we all deal with summer, and somewhat warmer days. And some wet days too. o_O :) We have been swimming, and to parks, to rivers and creeks, and rode the ferry for a grand adventure, and visited beaches, and museums and play parks, and had adventures at home too, including a sleepovers on Wednesday nights. It has been a good couple of weeks... :):) :cool:

Normalcy in Three MusketeerVille The kitties are all doing well, with not too much new to report there. No one is fighting or growling or hissing, sharing of toys and those nanners abound, and life is good to be a cat. I am still working on a catio for them all, but was sidetracked these past few weeks with so many other things, and just being busy. Lola, and the troops, are being patient, as I try and get this going for them. It was a cloudy morning here, but the sun did break through, about noon. This morning was just enough to get kitty hopes up, and then.... back to bed. :smuggrin::rolleyes: They have been checking on the sun status, but finally gave up. Silly kitters! They missed when it actually did come out! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Both Nicholas and William have learned a few weeks back that all three Musketeers here LOVE kitty treats, and have made it their duty to be sure and get them some on the mornings they are here. Bug, Lola and Vanessa now know that they will, and all line up in the kitchen waiting. :):):):p It is really very cute, watching two young boys deal with three FEED ME NOMS NOW kitties. :eek::blackeye::smuggrin: Lola continues to escape... wow on it all. It is a daily occurrence now, at least two a day on most days. We are all getting very good, once again, at making sure she doesn't. Haha, we try, we failed more often than not. Ah Lola... what will we do with you? Yes, I know.... make you a catio! :cool: Bug continues to be my laid back mellow kitty. Nothing ever seems to phase him. ;) He is so affectionate, comes by all the time to snuggle, purr and dish but a few head butts. He loves basking in the late afternoon sun that shines on the stairs by the front door. It was Mannie's spot too. :cool: Days have been warmer, not always sunny, but warmer. All three kitties have spent alot of it with noses plastered to the screens of open windows. Catching outdoor sniffs and an occasional breeze no doubt. It has been a good week for Lola, Bug and Vanessa. Normalcy rules in Three MusketeerVille! :cat::cat::cat:
    P1460563.JPG
    Bug!

P1460568.JPG
    Lola!

P1460566.JPG
    Vanessa!

Our adventures continue. It has indeed been a busy few weeks. Weather has been cloudy in the morning, sunny in the afternoon, with temps reaching the mid 70's. Summer scheduling is in full force. Nicholas has swim lessons in the morning, with both boys going to enjoy the pool swim and swim together before lessons. It makes it a challenge to fit in other activities when they are in the pool so much but we have managed to have some great adventures! We have been to the Skykomish River near Gold Bar, and Beckler River near Skykomish, Gold Creek Pond at Snoqualmie Pass, Juanita Beach, and City Park and Meadowdale Play Park. The river trips have remained their favorites. Somehow nothing can beat a day spent on a mountain river. They just love it there. The rivers are beautiful, and the views outstanding. Juanita beach park runs a close second, offering a great beach experience close to home. It goes without saying that we all appreciate the city park visits. We wrapped up the weeks with an evening swimming session for both boys at the Snohomish Aquatic Center. It has indeed been very busy, I was beat by each Friday evening, and I wouldn't change any of it for the world. What great weeks it has been. :woot::woot::woot: It has been so fun! It has indeed been good weeks for the boys, and their Grammie! :joyful::joyful::joyful:

P1530358.JPG
    Nicholas & William: Beckler River!

P1050199.JPG
    Nicholas & William: Skykomish River at Big Eddy

P1530479.JPG
    William: Beckler River!

P1530645.JPG
    Nicholas & William: Juanita Beach Park

AWESOME WEEK in the pool!
    Nicholas and William have been swimming together this week, before lessons for Nicholas, on a M-F schedule. I hope he will be able to make most of his lessons, but as it was last summer, there are once again issues with the other DGP's that they spend M-Tu with, they don't support the pool, and lessons, and won't bring them. so.... family drama! What can I say. It is is an issue, but we will do what we can, when they are with me, to keep going what Nicholas, and William, love to do. We start a new session for Nicholas this week, so we shall see what they decide to do. I so hope they will bring him, as he really does want to be there. He leveled up to a new swim class this past session, congrats to our little fishie!! William this past week took his swim evaluation test, and was placed in the mid level PS (preschooler) class, that too is really something! WTG WIlliam! Nicholas and William do well together in the pool. It can get a little crazy, but really is alot of fun for all, even me. We have also been able to continue those post swim, after swim picnics sometimes going berry picking on the nearby trail when time allows. Weather has been good then, so why not? On Friday night, after the Snohomish Pool Swim, the traditional burger feast is still on! Nicholas and I have been doing that for the longest time. It was awesome that William was there to join us. :cool::cool::cool::joyful: SWIMMING RULES!!! As always, we are grateful for our time in the pool. It has all enabled to boys to explore another aspect of growing up, one they really enjoy. It has just become the norm for us, we go each week, and just never tire of it. It proves to be such fun for both boys, and their excitement with it all has not wavered.
    GO NICHOLAS! GO WILLIAM !! [​IMG][​IMG]

P1210252.JPG
    William & Nicholas

For my own personal time, I continue to hike the local trails here when I can, mainly at Meadowdale, Brackett's Landing and Picnic Point. and a local freeway park/walk in Seattle: Freeway ParkIt is great to have such good places to go to when time permits. I cannot be more grateful. These past couple of weeks I did manage some hiking, heading off to Deception Pass one week, and Lake Stuart the next. Both were great hikes. Deception is gorgeous, lots of awesome water, and views of the pass there. And Lake Stuart? LOVED that one! it is in the central cascades, offers many great views, what with it being so near to the Enchantments, one of our premier hiking spots in the state. I will have to go back!
    P1200621.JPG
    Lake Stuart

P1180789.JPG
    Deception Pass

And.... DH is doing fine. he's back to seeing his PCP Physician, to keep things on track. All seems to be well. He is still fatigued, but we hope continuing with daily walks and exercises will help that. This Tuesday he has an appt with his oncologist, for a scan and general eval to amke sure the cancer is truly gone. paws crossed.

Have a great Weekend everyone! It is rather low-key here... past Saturday I was in Olympia at Heritage Park, to watch an outdoor venue/show for my son's band Fallen Angels. That was a blast! The morning found me at his fiance's Open Water 5K race on Lake Washington. She won her division, so that was way cool. 5K in open water! Today we were off to Snoqualmie, to the Thomas the Train event. William was so excited to be seeing Thomas. Nicholas just wanted to ride the trains. :joyful: The weekends have been as busy as the weekdays, but per the norm: FUN RULES!

KITTIES!! Remember: BLUE, think GREEN :cat::cat::cat:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
  2. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

Yay! I'm so glad to see your post. I looked and looked for it last week and thought I just missed it. Glad to know it was just because you were so darned busy (and when aren't you?).

A good report all around. I swear, every time I see the photos you post of the countryside I think you bought the or took them from a magazine. Breathtaking!

I'm happy that DH is doing so well. Continued vines and prayers for more strength and energy, and a good report from the oncologist!

3. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Michelle, :coffee::coffee:awesome photos of Bug, Lola and Vanessa. Oh that Lola and her escapes, lol! William and Nicholas are growing so fast. They amaze me with their swimming. What fun every week and adventures.
    Vanessa, thanks I'd love a Triple Espresso and some 10 hour coffee here.:coffee:
    Prayers and vines for your DH for a good checkup.

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad the kitties are doing well. How exciting on Nicholas moving up to another level in swim class and William getting into the mid level class. I'm glad your DH is doing well. I hope you get good news at his Tuesday appointment.

5. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

another river for my list....

continued prayers for DH....
    are they watching his vit D, all the indoor time can contribute to low D and add to the fatigue.....

of course with all he's been thru, he's earned his fatigue.....

you should check out Tricia's condo yesterday.... and the day before...
    we had some fun....

6. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Hi everyone! I had to laugh as I read trough some of what I wrote yesterday... seems I couldn't remember well if it was Caturday or Sunday. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::woot::woot: That seems to happen alot.... :joyful:

@Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey - Hi Tricia! Yupp, I tried a few time last weekend to get a condo up, and simply ran out of time each time. it was such a busy weekend! Next thing I knew it was Sunday night, and well... if not done by then it won't. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: So I just decided to try again this weekend. ;) LOL on the busy part. That tends to be true. I do not know how to stop and sit for a while. o_O Thank you on the pics. I have fun taking them, once in a while I get a good one, or one that shows the essence of the place I am in. Lake Stuart is a wonderful place. SO glad I went back there, one cannot take a bad pic when paradise is the subject matter. THX on DH! He is holding his own, and we so hope the oncologist has good news. :)

@Ann & Maggie11 (GA) - Hi Ann! THX for the visit! THX on the kitty pics. Lola continues to be quite the character. I so hope that never changes! And yes on Nicholas and William. They biot just love to swim! Hope that never changes too! Many THX on DH and his pending visit. We hope so too! How are you, and Katie?
    Auntie Ann! You gits it! See you bright and early. Lola wants to know if Katie can come over for a play date. Cool? ~ Vanessa, kitteh barista

@carfurby - Hi Carla! Yupp, things are getting exciting for the boys and their pool adventures. Nicholas was so happy to have advanced, and William seemed to like working with a teacher in the pool, so good to go! A good thing I think. :) Many THX on DH, and his pending oncology appt. We hope for good news. :)

@rhiannon and shadow (GA) - Hi Rhiannon! SO nice to hear from you, I hope you, and the kitties are doing well! :)THX on the river... it is a keeper for sure. This one,w ell the top photo, is Beckler River, located outside (7.5 miles to the photo spot) near Skykomish WA, right in the "heart" of the wild sky wilderness. A friend introduced me to the area a few years back, and I have taken it on as my own. I love it there, anything in that wilderness. beauty abounds. and peace. and solitude. What a a wonderful place. THX on DH. and yes on the vit D. He takes supplements for that, and has his BW done, alot. Levels are good. He is still somewhat anemic, but we hope the things being done for that will show continued improvement. I agree on the fatigue.... over the past 5 years he has been through a bone spur, neck, that resulted in a bone fusion, diverticulitis surgery requiring removal of most of his large colon, ulcers and severe anemia requiring several transfusions, and then the cancer, and cancer lung surgery last summer. Been one heckuva roller coaster, so in a way, he deserves to be tired, deserves to take it one day at a time. ah ha on Tricia's condo! I will look.... :)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) likes this.
  7. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Michelle,
    I'm finally getting caught up with your BUSY life! I thought I missed your last week's condo, but now I see that you missed it, too!
    How great that you got out for two spectacular hikes: Deception Pass and Lake Stuart look fantastic!
    Congrats to William for taking the swim evaluation and for getting into the middle class! I'm very glad that Nicholas is getting to most of his lessons. He enjoys swimming lessons so much. It's hard to understand the other grandparents' attitudes.
    Your excursions with the boys this past week must have been so much fun. Thomas the Train! Yes!!

Glad to hear that your DH is continuing his recovery. "Every day in every way--I am feeling better and better" (a quote from a book by Dr. Cuie (sp?) that my dear Auntie Elsie (who lived to be 99) used to cite).

Have a great week! Thanks for visiting Rusty's condo.

Hugs to you and scritches to the kitties. We couldn't have gotten through the week at Canoe Outing without Vanessa's great espresso. Thank you, Kitteh Barista!

Ella & Rusty

8. Tiger(GA) and Ruth

Tiger(GA) and Ruth Well-Known Member

(((((Michelle))))) Glad you and DH are doing good--likeElla said, I noticed you didn't post last week and it always causes one to pause for worry.....but I can see you have yet again been busy!! great pics of the fur crew--Bug looks so innocent, Vanessa--that's my gal--great cuppa coffee from the bestest kitteh barista!! Auntie Ruth has had company for the past week, really appreciated that coffee because she doesn't have Mama Michelle's energy when little people are underfoot- not by any stretch of the imagination!! LOL! :joyful: Nicholas and William are so lucky to have Grammy like you!!! My nephew and his family just loved the Kangaroo Farm, thanks so much for letting us know about it. No time for the Great Wheel or Aquarium this trip, but next time!

Wow on your hiking pics!! Deception Pass is typically uber crowded this time of the year???? You must have been there super early in the morning? Did you camp out? And Wow on Stuart Lake!! We have never been to the Enchantments :oops::oops::oops:Now I am way to old and out of shape! Isn't that a 9 mile hike?? Nice shot of the Gray Jay and gorgeous scenery and flowers!! If you even had a granola bar in your backpack, Gray Jays (Camp Robbers!!!) can her you from miles away and will come begging! :joyful:

9. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

@Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Morning Evening Ella! :coffee::coffee::coffee: I started this post this morning while camped out in the oncologist office, waiting for DH's appt. They called his name before I could get it posted.... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Sorry about last week. I usually write these on the weekend, and well there just ended up being no spare time. I just decided late Sunday night just to skip a week... ;) THX on the hikes. It was great to amke one each week. Deception was a last minute thing, so glad I decided to go there. Easy hike, but ever so pretty. Lake Stuart is outstanding. LOVE that area: Alpine Lakes Wilderness. Yesterday I was up at Jacks Pass, near Skykomish. That is another area that is so nice to go to when one just wants to hangout on a very cool river. Wild Sky is such a wonderful wilderness area too. I also stopped in at Eagle Falls, just cuz I could. The falls are part of the Skykomish River, near Index. . THX on William. He did so well, very comfortable with the whole thing, so lessons should go well for him. Agreed too on Nicholas, he is also doing very well. I do what I can to get in as many lessons as I can. Yesterday I hear he told his other grandparents that they needed to take him, it is what he likes and wants to do, and he wants to be a swimmer, that is his sport of choice. wow, he finally a spoke up and told them what is what. :):cool: I so hope they listen to him, and change their attitude. Paws crossed! yupp, Thomas! William was beside himself with excitement, Nicholas just wanted to ride the trains. :) DH is doing well, update posted below. This I like! : "Every day in every way--I am feeling better and better" it is true.
    Auntie Ella - I will always have you covered, no matter where you hang your hat. I've upgraded Mannie's GPS, so I nevers evers get lost! see ya tomorrow! ~~ Vanessa, kitteh barista

@Tiger(GA) and Ruth - HI Ruth! Sorry about last week.... I just couldn't get the time it takes to put one of these together. Too many weekend activities! :eek::rolleyes: LOL on the coffee and the need for energy. HAHA! I do that! a big huge mega cup from Starbucks in the morning (OOPS! I mean from Vanessa, our resident barista) and good to go for the day. My jet fuel as I affectionately call it. THX too on Nicholas & William - we do have the best of fun! Surprisingly Deception pass wasn't too busy the day I went. I got lucky I think! And lake Stuart? LOVE that place! I can pretend, sort of, that I am in the Enchantments, just a "stone's throw" away. and no... no camps outs for me, don't really have the gear. I just go as early as I can, avoid the crowds that seem to show about noon.Yes on lake Stuart - I logged just under 10 miles. I read that the Enchantments, as a thru hike is about 28 (????) miles. I too am too old to even think about it. Assgard Pass would take me a day alone.... :joyful::joyful: LOL on the Gray jays. They did find me, and my granola bar. HAHAHAHAHA!!! :p
    Auntie Ruth - you makes me so very happy! see ya in the morning! ~ Vannesa kitteh brista

DH UPDATE! Oncology appt today along with a CT Scan, looking to see if the cancer is gone, or has come back. I am happy to report that after several months of hell, he is at this point in time cancer free. YAY!!!! They will do another scan in three months to see if that will remain true. wow, he is one of the lucky ones, and is very very grateful. :woot::woot::woot::woot::woot:

P1060667.JPG
    Skykomish River, at Jacks Pass

P1060632.JPG

P1060752.JPG

P1060755.JPG

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) likes this.
  10. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

WOOT!!! and yippee on cancer free! :woot::woot::woot: That must be a huge weight off your shoulders. :bighug::bighug:Now to get DH back up to speed energy wise. Sending lots of vines for his continued recovery.

Michelle - I really need to get out hiking more. Your pictures are so inspirational and we have mountain rivers right here - no excuses. OK, maybe one - the call of the ocean. :) ;) I love that there is snow still at Lake Stuart. That really makes the photos.

Congrats to William on placement in swim class. He must be so thrilled. He is growing up so fast this summer! And kudos to Nicholas for telling his other DGP's what he wants to do. Nice to have goals set up so young in life.

Scritches to the kitties. I always love the photos of Bug. He is so photogenic.

11. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Hi again,
    So glad your DH got a good report!
    Those hike pics are stunning.
    Good for Nicholas!

:bighug::bighug::bighug:

12. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Great news for your DH! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

13. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

So glad for you that DH got such a good report. What a relief for you both.
    Love all the photos

14. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

What great news on DH! He has been through so much - I hope he gets good news at this next appointment with the oncologist.

It warms my heart that Bug likes the patch of sun that Mannie loved too. [​IMG] Great to hear all else is going well as usual. I think of your whack-a-thon reports pretty much every day when mine tussle while we're fixing breakfast. kitties!

15. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Wonderful DH news!!! Sending tons of prayers that he continues to beat the beast.

16. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

@Amy&TrixieCat , @julie & punkin (ga) , @Bron and Sheba , @carfurby , @Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) , @Wendy&Neko ~~ Morning everyone! :coffee::coffee::coffee: THX on the DH wishes. We are so very grateful that things are on the path that they are on, and so hope this continues. There is always the possibility that there is some caner that remains undetected, but as time goes on, and scans continue to be good, chances dwindled that it will come back. He remains hopeful. He is still in recovery mode, a very slow process due to surgical complications, but is able to get out, and do tings. All is well as they say. :)

@julie & punkin (ga) oh yes on Bug. He is like Mannie in so many ways, has taken on alot of his habits. The sunbeam catching in Mannie's spots warms my heart. :joyful: Too funny on your whack-a-thons. Way cool! I so miss those. The current kurkids relaly don;t so that, and I miss it. BJ and Elsa and Mannie had it down to a science: exert whackers! :smuggrin:

@Bron and Sheba -THX on the photos! :)

@Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) - THX too on the pics. hard to take a bad one when the scenery is such as it it. Gorgeous places!

@Wendy&Neko - THX on the pics, and the hikes. Agreed on Lake Stuart, alot of those higher places still have the white stuff. I'm waiting on the NCascades so that they are more snow free. LOL, safer hiking for me. I so hear you on the call of the ocean, not a bad place to be! MANy thx too on the swim stuff, and we keep on trucking wit it all. William is already talking about taking class, so we will start that soon for him. I was pleased that Nicholas found his voice with the other DGP's. it is important that all know what he wants, just not what we think is best. Kudos to him! And Bug says THANK YOU! Such a beauty he is.

17. Melissa & Tarragon

Melissa & Tarragon Well-Known Member

I've been thinking about you all. So glad DH is getting better. Lots of vines coming your way.

18. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Great report all around, especially on DH! Fantastic!
    Liz

19. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

That is really really great news!!!

20. Suzi_S

Suzi_S Well-Known Member

Beautiful pictures!!!! I really need to get back into hiking! And woohoo for your DH!!!!! Awesome news!!!

21. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

@Melissa & Tarragon , @Anne & Zener GA , @rhiannon and shadow (GA) , @Suzi_S - Hi everyone. Many thanks on DH. We are so very grateful that things have taken the course they have. There is always the chance that the cancer could return. But, we have chosen to believe that all is well, and thank our lucky stars. He will be monitored carefully over the next several months. For now though: HAPPY DANCE!

@Suzi_S - I love hiking. It gives me time to decompress, and in so doing see some gorgeous scenery. :)
    :woot: thx too on the pics!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.