7/24 Minnie PMPS 88 +4 188

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Liz & Minnie, Jul 24, 2021.

1. Liz & Minnie

Liz & Minnie Well-Known Member

https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/7-22-minnie-amps-162-3-226.250218/

Increased back to 3.5u last night and started the new sugar-free spironolactone. She doesn't like the taste of this one either so mixing in food. She's being super picky with food - not the sniff/walk away that indicates possible nausea, just not interested.

Pulled out the MC Whole Earth Farms Beef when I got the 77 and at least she ate that, otherwise she was getting an ondansetron. Hoping it's just that she feels off with the lower BG again. She seems fine otherwise.

2. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

WHOA holy drop batman

Poor girl she's had so much going on, hope she feels better soon

Liz & Minnie likes this.
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Minnie keeps surfing safely on the new dose.

Liz & Minnie likes this.
  4. Liz & Minnie

Silly cat! Seems like there's no magic dose for her between 3.25 and 3.5! I'm going to be out most of the day tomorrow and I'm not convinced she'll eat so I'm going to be ultra cautious and drop the dose tonight and tomorrow then back on track tomorrow night.

Ketones are sitting at 0.5. Hmm.

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Have you ever tried mixing the spironolactone in with babyfood? I've heard that trick work for some

Paws crossed the temporary reduction does what you want it to. Where you racing this time?

Liz & Minnie and Suzanne & Darcy like this.
  6. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

Yeah, baby food is one of my magic bullets around her with the menagerie of cats. Don’t know what I would do without it and Forti Flora.

Liz & Minnie likes this.
  7. Suzanne & Darcy

And Minnie has been riding the roller coaster today!! What’s up?

Liz & Minnie likes this.
  8. Liz & Minnie

She doesn't like babyfood!!! I think she just enjoys teaching me who's boss. Maybe it's not the medicine, she just wants a change of food. She also doesn't like Forti Flora. Or Bonito flakes. I did think about delaying the increase but was getting worried about the ketones and, to be honest, was expecting a couple of days NDW. Surprise!

...this race is Emerald Downs. HA. Horses and corgi racing, not me this time!! :p

7/24 Minnie AMPS 241 +3 77 +5 113 +8.5 51

Last edited: Jul 24, 2021
    Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  9. Marina & Chico

Marina & Chico Well-Known Member

Ohh Minnie is keeping you on your toes i see, picky and not being able to decide which dose is best :D a lot of work for mommy :bighug:
    In my opinion 3.5 is a better dose for her at the moment but it would need early intervention to make sure she doesn’t slide under 50, so more keeping you on your toes :rolleyes:
    Good luck at finding the sweet spot for her :bighug:

Liz & Minnie likes this.
  10. Suzanne & Darcy

You took her all the way up to 3.5 today. The horse and corgi racing sounds like fun. I hope it was a nice day.