7/25 Shooter AMPS 377 - somethins up...

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Heather82372, Jul 25, 2021.

1. Heather82372

Heather82372 Member

2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

He has been higher for the last couple of days....Don't throw away the old pen yet. Try a new one and if his numbers come down, you know it's the pen. If it's not the pen, you can go back to the old one and finish it.

3. Heather82372

Heather82372 Member

Good idea! Thanks!

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

He got to 46 on 0.75 units 4 days ago, yet you increased to 1.0 units? You also changed syringes. Rather than guess how much is in the hub, I'd try counting the number of drops in 1.0 (or 0.75 units) in both the Carepoint and BD syringes and see how they compare. Try to get even sized drops.

It's best to make just one change at a time so you know which change is impacting the numbers. Now you don't know if it's the dose increase, the change in syringes, or the new pen. Plus he could be bouncing. Patience is important with Levemir.

There is also New Dose Wonkiness that can account for temporary higher numbers after an increase.

5. Heather82372

Heather82372 Member

Wow! I knew the BD syringes had a bigger hub, but I didn't realize how much until counted the drops like you said. There's a HUGE difference! Looks like I'm going to need to give Shooter even more with the CarePoint syringes, unfortunately. I know better than to jump right into it though. Looks like I'm basically starting all over.

As far as the new cartridge goes, I didn't start that until tonight. So it really doesn't have anything to do with his numbers until a few hours ago.