? 7/25 Tigger PMPS 123 lowest Pre shot Shoot or lower dose????

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Pattylynne and Tigger, Jul 25, 2021.

1. Pattylynne and Tigger

Pattylynne and Tigger Member

This is the 10th cycle since first green. Was gr/blue for a couple days then back up. Was "off" yesterday, appetite down, stayed off to himself. More like himself this am than has been for awhile.. Is it best to change dose in am or pm, I would much rather fool with low BG during day.
    Would someone experienced please look at his ss and advise.
    Hope all have a lovely day.
    Also we will be going on a 10-12 hour road trip and vacation soon, he travels well but has always had dry food out while on the road, concerned he won't eat during drive and I will not be able to test and it will be hard to have out wet food, his buddy Shadow the Australian Shepard really, really likes Fancy Fest. Any suggestions on adjustments?
    Patty (Tiggers not trying to help type this morning, which is actually good, he's clingy when he feels bad)

Summer and Susie (GA) likes this.
  2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Tigger saw a nadir of 55 on this dose just day before yesterday. There is no need to increase yet. Just hold the dose. He is bouncing from those lows. Let us see how he fares after the bounce clears and then we can see if he needs an increase.

Is this a 10-12 hour drive on a single day? Or a vacation spanning several days when you will not be able to test as much?

Link to your previous post:
    https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/7-24-tigger-amps-371-green-to-red-normal.250305/

3. Pattylynne and Tigger

10 Hours straight then vacation f'or a week, then 10 hrs back. Like I said he travels well just worried about feeding/testing. He never seemed to eat much dry food on road trips but I really didn't pay too much attention. Also I don't think I want to be changing dose too close to travel, 7 days away. Sorry he forgot to put in his part about previous post. He's back on my arms typing again.
    How long do bounces last or is that just totally random? Thanks

4. Bandit's Mom

He says he would have linked the previous post if you'd let him type earlier! :smuggrin:

Bounces can take up to 6 cycles to clear. As cats get used to lower numbers both the amplitude of the bounce as well as the time taken to clear bounces reduce.

We normally recommend a "vacation dose" which is lower than the normal dose to keep kitties safe. Remind us again a couple of days or so before you leave and we will figure out dosing based on his numbers then.

5. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Patty --

How are you shooting 1.4u? Are you using calipers to measure your dose? Generally, for a newly diagnosed cat, dose changes are made in 0.25u increments. I also want to remind you that with TR, you evaluate your dose after 3 days/6 cycles and dose changes are definitely made in 0.25u amounts. I'd really encourage you to review the TR protocol. Some of your dose changes are out of sync with the method.

Also, since you are just seeing your first greens, you will want to hold the dose for 10 cycles.

Re. the road trip: Do you keep Tigger in a harness when you're in the car? When I was moving from Chicago to Columbus I was able to test Gabby. It was a 6 hour trip but I wasn't driving. She was in a carrier that had a top opening and she was sitting up with her head out of the carrier and my arm wrapped around her. I was able to test. Given that she was not a good traveller, I had food with me but it was more for an emergency since it was highly likely she would throw up if I fed her. If you're really worried about how Tigger will fare, give a reduced dose the night before and the morning that you're traveling.

6. Pattylynne and Tigger

Thanks for info about bounces, Bandits Mom. Will check back in about vac. dose in a few.
    Sienne, He was reacting to dose changes so much to begin with I was trying to just ease them in.
    Also I really can't see where .25 is between the .5 marks even with magnifying glass. Didn't feel that I was getting just in the middle between 2 marks. I checked myself and it seems there is only about 1 drop either way and I was not consistent either way. For me it is easier to go to a a line, just above a line with just being able to see past it = .2 or just below the next mark would be .4. I should probably just call it the .25 to stop the confusion for you guys, in reality I think that it probably all the same just so I draw up consistently for me

7. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Had you thought about using calipers to help measure the dose?

8. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

9. Pattylynne and Tigger

I will get calipers. The tenths were more general, ie, 0.6 = more than .5 but not near 1.0, 0.8 near 1.0 but not quite there. I will switch to a more standard recording with the next dose change. I think you would probably call fat and skinny. Anyway will put in .25 increments in the future to avoid confusion.
    Truly thanks for all your help

10. Pattylynne and Tigger

Just did his PMPS 123 lowest preshot number yet. 4 nights ago he was 150 @ pmshot. Up with low numbers and restless cat till 3am. Cut dose for tonight?? numbers have been high last 36 hours or so coming of 24 of low for him. Holding dose at the moment.

11. tiffmaxee

It’s a bounce clearing cycle so he might have momentum. Why dint you stall, don’t feed, and test again in 30 minutes. It could be a long night. With meter variance of 20% about what your shot before.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2021
  12. Pattylynne and Tigger

Will stall for 30. Didn't understand last sentence

13. Pattylynne and Tigger

He was off his food yesterday and withdrawn, not himself. Ate well today and out and about.

14. tiffmaxee

Darn auto correct. Meter variance makes the pmps about like that other night. If you can’t stay up to monitor you can do a BCS dose of 1/4 to 1/2 of her dose. The first part of the cycle might still require extra testing.

15. Pattylynne and Tigger

Just retested 130, basically the same. I think I will do a 1/2 dose. He was showing some restlessnes/aggitation at 67/70 the other night. He did not show those symptoms a day and 1/2 later when he got into the mid 50s. Damm he just broke into the freeze dried chicken! I'll post in an hour or so and monitor, want to watch the gymnastics tonight anyway. Great, he ate, I gave shot of 0.75 U then he threw up. I think he ate some plastic maybe yesterday from the looks of things, gonna be a long night. I'll see if he will eat in a bit. Updates later. Thanks

16. Pattylynne and Tigger

+1=146. Ate 2TBSp of FF LC. Will recheck 1 hr.

17. Pattylynne and Tigger

+2=133. Holding on.

18. tiffmaxee

He’s got a nice surf going. You can wait a couple hours to test. Is he eating ok? Any more vomiting?

19. Pattylynne and Tigger

3+=116 No more vomiting. Just ate another Tbsp LC. I'll set an alarm for 1 1/2 hrs , 4.5+ just to check. This is he bottomed a few nights ago and he was 40+ points lower.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  20. Pattylynne and Tigger

4.5+=122 Seems to be just riding these numbers, Eating off and on a Tbsp of LC.

21. Bandit's Mom

Looking good. Safe to call it a night! :)

22. Pattylynne and Tigger

5.5+=126. Eating. Going to bed, goodnight Bhooma, night all. Couldn't get to sleep so checked again. Thanks for watching over uscat_wings>o

Bandit's Mom likes this.