7/25 Toeby AMBG 128, PMBG 122

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Laurasboyz, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Laurasboyz

Laurasboyz Member

Good morning,

Yesterday's thread: https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...mps-155-reduced-dose-pmps-133-no-dose.232626/

Toeby's AMPS was 128 this morning, so I have elected not to give him insulin.
    My husband went to work this morning at 2:30 am and gave the critters a snack at that time so if anything, Toeby's BG may have been elevated a bit when I checked him at 8 am.
    So, I am playing it safe and not giving him insulin.
    He is not eating, which is a bit troubling, but neither is his brother so I suspect it's because they had that wee hours nosh.
    Laura

Last edited: Jul 25, 2020
    Nan & Amber (GA) likes this.
  2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I hope Toeby decided to eat something today. Grazing, or multiple smalls meals is idea for him right now.

Laurasboyz likes this.
  3. Laurasboyz

Laurasboyz Member

He did pick over the day, but I threw out quite a bit of food. I just served them supper - his BG was 122, so I am not going to give him insulin again. They're being a little fussy over the food, but they're eating some because the proof is in the litter box. We know the difference in their stools because his are always bigger in size than his brother's. Anyway, I was not sure what I would find when I tested him but seeing a 6.8 mmol/L (122) was encouraging.
    Laura

PS These cats are annoying... The Tiki brand chicken and egg looks like something I would put between bread and eat myself, and Toeby just licks the liquid off it and leaves the chicken. Haha... but if I put kitty crack like Meow Mix or some other horrible stuff, they'd snarf it down, I just know it!!!

Last edited: Jul 25, 2020
    Reason for edit: to add info
    Chris & China (GA) likes this.
  4. Wendy&Neko

My non diabetic ate the egg, and barely touched the rest. :rolleyes: She liked the chicken and duck until the second can.:banghead:

Out of curiosity, it's be interesting to test a few hours after he finally eats. That'll tell you if he's coming down because the pancreas is kicking in.

Laurasboyz likes this.
  5. Laurasboyz

Laurasboyz Member

Really!?
    Well, I read this too late tonight I think, it's almost 5 hours since he ate... It's getting on for 1 am... we have had a situation here with a guy hiding in the woods around town, a fugitive from police. They had a helicopter out looking for him tonight and it's hard to go to bed with the sound of the copter over behind our place... I live in a very small town in a rural area and this kind of thing never happens. Can't say that again, I guess!
    But when would be a good window to take a sample to see what is going on? 2 hours?
    Laura

6. Laurasboyz

Laurasboyz Member

PS, as I type that, I hope I have not jinxed myself... I hope his BG's later this morning are low again... hope, hope, hope... we shall see.

7. Wendy&Neko

Try for about 3 hours after food if blue at preshot. Yikes on the fugitive! Stay safe!

Laurasboyz likes this.
  8. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

Tonight, Toeby is likely just as aware of the helicopter as you are and that may affect his BG.

Your area has had enough to deal with lately. Stay safe and don't answer the door to anyone.

Laurasboyz likes this.
  9. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Get a test about 3 hours after feeding.....if it's lower than the PS test, the pancreas has to be doing at least some of the work.

Make sure the doors and windows are locked!!

Laurasboyz likes this.