? 7/26 Max AMPS 622 (vet for GI panel) Shot late at 8:15 +4 488 +6 467 +10.75 477

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Max & Lori, Jul 26, 2021.

1. Max & Lori

Max & Lori Well-Known Member

Max's BG 544 at 6:30 am. So last night I guess was likely a fur shot. He was fasting for GI panel at 8am this morning. I could not manage to keep him still in the car, so I waited to give shot in office to avoid another fur shot. At vet's office AMPS 622, shot 5u at 8:15 am, then fed all at vet's office (they were nice enough to let me do all of that there.) I need suggestions again on HOW I CAN GET BACK to 7 am/7 pm SCHEDULE. (Sorry my brain is still on overload). https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/thr...10-430-gi-panel-question.250367/#post-2824647

Last edited: Jul 26, 2021
  2. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

3. Diane Tyler's Mom

4. Diane Tyler's Mom

You shot at 8:15 this morning correct, so tonight
    7-26 PMPS shoot at 8:00
    7-27 AMPS shoot at 7:45
    7-27 PMPS shoot at 7:30
    7-28 AMPS shoot at 7:15
    7-28 PMPS shoot at 7:00 now you are back on schedule

I did this just in case you had trouble figuring it out :cat:
    @Max & Lori

Last edited: Jul 26, 2021
    Max & Lori likes this.
  5. Max & Lori

Thank you so much.

6. Diane Tyler's Mom

You are welcome :cat:

7. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

I would test him at 7:00 pm which is +10.75 and if he is going up or still above 300, I’d shoot the 5u.

If you read the post Diane linked, it discusses shooting early by an hour and 15 additional minutes won’t matter. It’s very likely, with the fur shot and today’s late shot, that he will be plenty high enough to shoot early.

How does that sound?

Max & Lori likes this.
  8. Max & Lori

That sounds good to me. Thank you.

9. Max & Lori

Is there anything I can use on Max’s ears? Poor guy has been poked so much lately.

10. Marje and Gracie

@Lauren & Red

Looks like members have started using coconut oil now as Neosporin is contraindicated in cats.

11. Max & Lori

Oh okay. Thanks for letting me know.

Marje and Gracie likes this.
  12. Marje and Gracie

You’re welcome.

One more cycle at 5u and then I suggest you increase to 6u. What do you think?

13. Max & Lori

Good morning! Considering our fur shots and schedule issues over the last several days do you think we should wait a little longer and see what happens? Or do you think that has anything to do with his BG still being high? Honestly, the thing that’s in the back of my mind is that I’m not going to know what to do or how much to give when the BG does start coming down into the yellows or lower. Do I still give the full dose and if not, how much? What BG determines a reduction? What if I post and don’t get a response soon enough, or get bad advice? I only know a couple of people here including you. You have gone above and beyond with helping me but there may be times when you’re not around, and that’s certainly understandable and expected. I appreciate you so much. I know Max is not going by what the vet said and I’m relying on this message board so I kind of need some knowledge about when I would need to decrease a dose, when not to shoot, how much? I’m still a long ways from understanding how this insulin will affect him and what BG we are aiming for in Max. Does all of that make sense? I’m not very confident enough in my caregiving yet to be able to make decisions like that when I need to, and I’m afraid I won’t be able to get the advice I need at the time I need it. Do you have any advice about when to reduce the amount for a lower BG or when not to give. I have read the guides but still not understanding I guess. So sorry for all of my questions and worrying. It’s hard knowing what to do.