7/26 Toeby: AMBG 142, PMPS 162, just a drop insulin, +3 = 68, +4 = 76

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Laurasboyz, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Laurasboyz

Laurasboyz Member

Yesterdays thread: https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...s-122-no-insulin-tonight.232672/#post-2601911

Good morning,

And it is a good morning, I think! Toeby tested at 142 this morning so I am going to let him go again without insulin. I am not going to be able to test this morning at the 3 hour mark (thank you Wendy and Chris for that advice) as I won't be home, unfortunately, but will definitely do this the next time I can - if he is less than 150 at test time.

In other good news, the police were able to capture the fugitive who's been keeping our little town on edge this morning, some time after I toddled off to bed, so that is a relief for the entire community. I'm glad it ended uneventfully with no more violence.

Nan & Amber (GA) likes this.
  2. Nan & Amber (GA)

Nan & Amber (GA) Well-Known Member

Sounds like a very good morning indeed!

those pre-shot numbers are inching up again, it'll be helpful to have that +3 information tonight to get a sense of what his pancreas might be doing. He might still need at least that "drop" dose of insulin that Wendy talked about, just for a little more support. But he is looking very good!

Laurasboyz likes this.
  3. Laurasboyz

Laurasboyz Member

Toeby's evening pre-shot is 162... he did have a little bite to eat about an hour and a half before his test.
    He has not been eating much today, and I let him have something a little too close to test time.
    I do worry that Toeby has lost a little weight in the last week or so, but he is being very fussy over food, and I am quite sure it is not due to high BG levels.
    It's just because he is not eating much.
    I really, really want to stick to the low carb canned but he is being difficult...

So, according to the SLGS guidelines, I can go either way with regard to insulin... I could give him just a drop...but I am a little worried because he's not eating much...
    Would it be wrong to give him a drop of insulin and give him a can of higher carb FF with gravy just to get him to eat?
    Or am I setting myself up to problems by not insisting he learn to deal with the low carb canned?
    We're feeding him several different brands - Fancy Feast, Ultra, Wellness, Nutrience and Tiki Cat.
    None are going over like the dry ID kibble does.
    I am almost wondering if I should get that and the DM the vet sold us out of the house so that they cannot smell it in the cupboard?
    Laura

4. Laurasboyz

Laurasboyz Member

In the end, I decided to give him just a drop of insulin... I will check his BG before I go to bed in 3 hours.
    Laura