7/27 Izzy Amps 245, pmps 249 shoot bump 1.25 +2 183 +4 176

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Janet and Izzy (GA), Jul 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Janet and Izzy (GA)

Janet and Izzy (GA) Member

Tonight I will up her dose so I can monitor Sunday and Monday.

2. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

Re: 7/27 Izzy Amps 245

Let us know how Izzy is this evening.

3. Janet and Izzy (GA)

Re: 7/27 Izzy Amps 245, pmps 249 bump to 1.25

She just made me a liar! I put out some BG this morning and it was almost gone. So she must have eaten at least some of it. It was the old style that Petco had on clearance...not sure about the new stuff since they changed formulas.

She ate her dinner pretty well and as usual made me hand feed her the boiled chicken with the Zobaline on it. Still can't catch the little princess peeing! So I still don't have a confirmed ketones test. She appears fine...purring, preening, poo-ed, peed (when mom is not looking).

I did bump her tonight to 1.25. I figured I will be gone tomorrow from 9:30-about 2...and I took a vacation day for Monday...so bumping her tonight seemed to be an OK thing to do? I hope?

4. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

I'd suggest a +2 tonight if you would please.

5. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Janet

You have two condos for today so you might want to delete the other one which is http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=100963. Just go into your post, click the "X"; it will ask you if you want to delete it so click on "yes".

If she is throwing up bile, she has an acid tummy due to her CKD and high phosphorus level. If she were my cat (and I give this to my cat), I'd give her 1/4 of a 10 mg Pepcid AC (not 25 mg, not Pepcid Complete). I'd start with once a day and see how she does; usually giving it in the evening will help with bile overnight. Yes...the food also helps the acid but I'd be giving the pepcid. You can give that 1/4 of a 10mg Pepcid AC dose twice a day (bid) about 12 hours apart. Interesting they didn't ask for a script at thrivingpets.com. It must depend on the State you are ordering from because I had to send one. Even if she is on zobaline, she also needs the Jarrows B Right multi B. They work in tandem to control the anemia. If you just give the Zobaline, it will not stop the progression of anemia. Please be sure you read the section on AlOh dosing that I sent you closely. If you need help, let me know; I can figure it for you.

On days you don't have to work, it would be good if you can get some daytime tests. A +2 and a midcycle would be great.

Good luck with the increase!

Here is her 7/26 Condo

6. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

I just wanted to say Izzy is soooooo pretty :) Welcome to LLand.

7. Janet and Izzy (GA)

Marje she only throws up bile IF I do not leave food out for her 24/7. I used to feed her 2x a day portion control but every night at 2:30-3am she would throw up. Once I began leaving food for her out 24/7...that stopped. She is a snacker. She eats a few bites and goes away.....comes back a while later and eats some more etc. She is not throwing up currently and is eating like a little champ...expecially if I hand feed her royal highness.

At what number is she anemic? If she is not anemic, will the extra vitamin B be become an issue?

During the week I try do +2 in the eveninig on occassion, but bedtime is normally +3 time (though lately I have been up until 10:30 and paying for it in the morning!) so I do skip that reading frequently so I am not stabbing her back to back (cause I feel bad I suck at it).

The Only day I don't work is Sunday but tomorrow I have an event to attend that will have me away from 9:30 to around 2. I took Monday as a vacation day so I can be home at least one day and hopefully monitor her since I bumped her up. I want to get a curve in also.

Do I really have to check her every hour like the vet says to do a curve? I just hate poking her ears so much. I so bad at it. Heck last night I think I had to poke her 6 times for ONE reading :( Her poor ears have to be sore and she is not going to be down with me poking a foot pad, when she doesnt want me touching them to start with (sigh).

I tried to delete the other condo and it locked me up so I will double check it is actually gone.

I feel like I'm whining and making excuses :) I'm trying not to....really my life normally now revolves around her. lol My friends think I have lost my mind :)

8. Janet and Izzy (GA)

Re: 7/27 Izzy Amps 245 PMPS 249, +2 183

8:40pm, just did her +2 and she is 183 in the green. I guess I will be monitoring a bit tonight huh?

9. Marje and Gracie

She will pee out any excess vitamin B but with CKD, she will likely use it. The reason she doesn't throw up bile if you feed her is because the food absorbs the acid. But they get to a point where they produce so much that it will not. You can wait if you want. I did not give Gus Pepcid until the food stopped working. Then I tried slippery elm bark syrup and it worked for a while. Now I have to use the Pepcid.

You do not need to test very hour for a curve. We actually think spot checks work better. If you could get a +2, +6, +9 that would help. If she comes down, you will get enough tests to see what she's doing.

Yes...you will want to get a +4 tonight and see if she's still coming down.

10. Janet and Izzy (GA)

Re: 7/27 Izzy Amps 245, pmps 249 shoot bump 1.25 +2 183

will definitely be staying up a while tonight...the down side is I still have to get up early cause she needs her am shot by 6:30....12 hours is convenient for most things except sleeping in lol She is worth it though. Every day she is here I know I am on borrowed time. I will check for the vitamin D at our local vitamin store...hopefully they have it.

11. Marje and Gracie

Janet

It is very specifically Jarrows B Right. You would give 1/8 capsule bid.

Here is a post I did on Testing and Shooting Tips

If you want to bump your condo, then open it, click on "post reply" and type "bump" in the text box as if you a writing a message. Then click "submit". It won't bump it if its in your subject line.

12. Janet and Izzy (GA)

Figures I have been putting neosporin CREAM no ointment on her ears. another thing for my shopping list.

13. Marje and Gracie

We did, too, at first. I bet every mistake you think you are making, we all made.

14. Janet and Izzy (GA)

Re: 7/27 Izzy Amps 245, pmps 249 shoot bump 1.25 +2 183 +4 1

+4 176...is it safe for me to go to bed without a +6?

15. Marje and Gracie

I think it will be ok.

Good night!

16. Janet and Izzy (GA)

yay...im sooo tired.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.