? 7/28 Tiger AMPS 350, +7 184, PMPS 180

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Wendy Jones, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Wendy Jones

Wendy Jones Member

2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Have you fed him yet Wendy? If not, don't!

Test again 20-30 minutes after his usual time and see if the number goes up without food. That can make a difference in whether you shoot or not (or how much)

3. Wendy Jones

Wendy Jones Member

I just fed him. I waited another 1.5 hours till it's been 12 hours since his last shot and it's 180 so I fed him but no shot.

4. Chris & China (GA)

huh??

His AMPS and PMPS should be 12 hours apart....Your spreadsheet says his PMPS was 152

5. Wendy Jones

Wendy Jones Member

I usually check him when I get home about 5:30 and if it's higher he gets dinner then his shot about 7:00. My cats were used to eating when I got home so I left it that way but I can change it to 7. What does he get now?

6. Chris & China (GA)

Wendy, with Lantus, you should take food up 2 hours before shot times. So if your usual shot time is (for example) 6am/6pm, he shouldn't have any food from 4am-6am or 4pm-6pm

At 6am (or pm) you'd Test (to make sure he's high enough for insulin), Feed (to make sure he's at least willing to eat) and Shoot......it doesn't take most of us more than 5-10 minutes

IF you get a Pre-Shot test you're not sure about shooting, then instead of Feeding, you'd STALL, DON'T feed and test again in 20-30 minutes to see if the number comes up without food. Use that 20-30 minutes to post and make sure your subject line says something like "STALLING! NEED HELP!" to get somebody's attention. Once you have someone, you can go back and edit it and use the usual format.

7. Chris & China (GA)

Can you change his shot times to 5:30am/5:30pm? (yeah, I know getting up early sucks) but that way you could Test him at his usual 5:30pm time when you walk in the door, feed and shoot.

If he were my cat and I was able to test as often and as long as necessary tonight, I'd give him the 2.5

With food on board, it kind of screws it up though. You could give a reduced dose tonight but you're just starting to get some decent numbers and I hate for you to back-track

What are you comfortable with? Can you test as much as you might need to tonight?

8. Chris & China (GA)

For future reference, this is how we usually post (you just mis-understood the PSA post and I can see how that might have happened)

• Your thread title should conform to the following format:
    Date (mo/day) Kitty’s Name AMPS or AMBG subsequent test numbers PMPS or PMBG subsequent test numbers

As an example: 06/26 Fluffy AMPS 220 +2 160 +3 120 +5 100 +8 132 PMPS 200 +2 287 +5 300

If the line gets too long, as above, you can also delete all the a.m. cycle info at PMPS/PMBG so that the a.m. cycle will only have AMPS/AMBG to +11 tests and the p.m. cycle will have PMPS/PMBG to +11 tests.

9. Wendy Jones

Wendy Jones Member

Yes I can. I don't want him to backtrack either.

10. Wendy Jones

Wendy Jones Member

Yeah I was thinking I might get up early to do instead of waiting till 7. Should I reduce it to 2 units and check him every three hours?

11. Wendy Jones

Wendy Jones Member

Im a little confused why they don't get it to counter the food they just had.

12. Wendy Jones

Wendy Jones Member

Should I reduce it tonight since it's been 13.5 hours past his am and I plan to do it at 6:00 instead of 7 tomorrow morning? That's 9.5 hours from now.

13. Chris & China (GA)

You really shouldn't shoot that early (only 9.5 hours since the last shot) That can act like a dose increase.

Can you shoot tomorrow morning at 7? .....then shoot either 15 minutes early per cycle or 30 minutes early per day until you're at the new time?

14. Wendy Jones

Wendy Jones Member

Yes. I can. Should he get full dose tonight still? I haven't given it yet

15. Chris & China (GA)

It's too late now if you're going to shoot again at 7am

The earliest you should shoot in the morning is 11 1/2 hours from shot time tonight.

I thought you were going to go ahead and shoot 90 minutes ago when you said you didn't want him to backtrack

At this point, I'd probably just skip the dose and shoot at whatever time will work for you in the future.

If you think you could change his shot times to 5:30am/5:30pm and that works for you, I'd just go with the 2.5 at 5:30am tomorrow

16. Wendy Jones

Wendy Jones Member

Dang. I didn't think you'd be replying again tonight so I checked him and he was 563 so I decided to give him 2 units and I'll check him again a few times tonight and check him several times tomorrow after his 7:00 dose.

17. Wendy Jones

Wendy Jones Member

I had asked if a reduced dose was better so I was waiting for that. I guess I'll skip his morning dose since it's so late and start tomorrow at 5:30 when I get home. Thanks for your help.

Chris & China (GA) likes this.