7/29 - Shakespeare - AMPS - 113-+6-235 PMPS-285

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by dmartini4, Jul 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmartini4

dmartini4 Well-Known Member

Happy Sunday
    recap of last night
    PMPS - 235
    +3 - 171
    +4.5 - 135 - fed 6%carb
    +9.5 - 111
    PMPS - 113

He didnt really rise so I was afraid to shoot the 2 units as I have to go out today
    and wont be back until his pmps. I shot 1.75 and his +3 is 169
    still a decent number
    Question on meters - I am terribly confused now as to what metr to use
    I had done side by side testing while on PZI for weeks and the RElion was always 80 points HIGHER
    than the alphatrack so I decided to go with that
    but now that we are seeing lower numbers....the Relion is actually showing lower numbers than the AT
    this am his alphatrack number was113 - I fed...etc...sot...decided tpo take his number with the relion
    and his number was 60. now that scared me and I wasvery thankfull that I shot 1.75...
    does anyone hav any thoughts on this
    Thanks and have a great day with great numbers

2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Re: 7/29 - Shakespeare - AMPS - 113-question on meters

There's no way to know if one meter is wonky or not. If it were me, what I would probably do is get another Relion meter and compare the new meter with each of the old meters. The other alternative is if you have a vet appointment scheduled any time soon, compare each meter with your vet's.

It's not that unusual for some meters to be less accurate at the lower and/or upper ends of the test range. With that in mind, it sounds like the Relion may be off but there's really no way to know unless you have another means to compare.

3. Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor

Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor Well-Known Member

Hi Denise! Thanks for your visit and kind words in Karre's condo!

We've only ever used the Accu-Chek Performa glucometer, I'm afraid, so I can't weigh in with useful meter-advice. I know lots of folks here who've used the AT meter and the ReliOn meter, though, so I'm sure you'll have feedback on that soon. You're doing so well, and so is Shakes!

We decided since it's Sunday, we'd condo-visit with extras today - here's a rainbow straight from the Hout Bay valley for you:
    [​IMG]

Happy Sunday!
    Jane

4. dmartini4

dmartini4 Well-Known Member

thank you SIenne and Jane

Sienne
    I was also thinking of maybe getting another meter to test
    I tested the AT with my vets AT and mine came in a little lower than the vet, they were both new at the time
    her number was about 430 and mine was 380

Jane that picture is absolutely heavenly!!
    thank you for the smile!

5. Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor

Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor Well-Known Member

Hi Denise - have you by any chance got any update since the AMPS? Just checking! :smile:
    Jane

6. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

We used to use the AT meter for Zener when he was first diagnosed as our vet used it and we could compare numbers. We eventually changed meters as the AT strips are quite expensive. The AT on average reads about 30 points higher than the human meters. We use the Arkray mini - a meter that is the same as the Relion. We buy it from American Diabetes Warehouse online, you can use the Arkray strips or the Relion strips. Our backup meter is the same so we periodically compare them. There is usually a small difference but not very much and sometimes they are exactly the same number, less variantion when BG numbers are low.

7. Doug N Libby

Doug N Libby Well-Known Member

Hey, Denise -

We started out using the iPet, but at ~$1/strip, we had to find an alternative. We chose the Relion Confirm and buy the strips at ADW for ~$.28/strip. We used both meters to compare and ended up confusing ourselves. With the meter variance allowed, it's really difficult to compare. We decided we just needed to pick a meter and stick with it.

Have a great night -

Libby (& Hershey, too!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.