7/30 Mary AMPS 400,+6 349,+9 336, PMPS 281,+3 394,+5 367

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Lisa & Mary, Jul 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lisa & Mary

Lisa & Mary Member

Mary has come down a bit from a high of 503 at midnight last night. The only thing I can think of that could have caused that is the extra raw chicken wing I gave her. I hadn't realized just an ounce or so of raw meat would have such an effect but I'll stick just to her regular meals while I'm transitioning from FF to raw meals this week.

Mary sends smoochies to everyone!

2. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

Re: 7/30 Mary AMPS 400

Hi guys .. wow, I'm surprised raw chicken would shoot up her BG's like that .. I didn't think raw chicken had any effect on bg's! Shows what I know I guess .. hoping mary comes down soon for you .. have a great day!

3. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Come on down Mary! Bummer on the 400, but it sure beats that 503. Looks like she is on her way to better numbers today. Enjoy your day today.

4. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Angela & Blackie & 3 Others Well-Known Member

I've had the same problem with raw and/or cooked chicken with Blackie. It would shoot her #s up, and I don't know why. This may be the same thing that's happening with Mary. You could always experiment and not give it to her to see if her #s come down on their own. This AMPS that she's given you is much better than that bad one yesterday. Whatever you're doing it's working. :D She'll get there. Just hang in there. :YMHUG:

5. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I'm skeptical that raw chicken would spike BG that way.

Given Mary's history of ketones, you really can't hold doses for the length of time hat you are, especially with Mary's numbers being this high. While ketones can develop at lower ranges, the risk is considerably greater with numbers above 300. Please consider adding 0.25u to Mary's dose.

6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I too am surprised about the chicken wing spiking Mary's BG. My Neko occasionally gets the wing tips (outside joint) as a +9.5 no carb snack and a way for her to "brush" her teeth. I have never noticed BG spikes as a result. But maybe it's an ECID thing.

7. Lisa & Mary

Lisa & Mary Member

Re: 7/30 Mary AMPS 400,+6 349

With Mary I've noticed shd is very sensitive to food changes. I've been keeping the quantity of FF plus raw constant (except for the chicken wing) and I know the raw is lower carb do I was expecting her blood glucose to improve but it's got worse. I'll try taking her up another quarter unit this evening.

8. Lisa & Mary

Lisa & Mary Member

Re: 7/30 Mary AMPS 400,+6 349,+9 336, PMPS 281

Mary's glucose level Is back into the 200's again so I'll hold off on any food outside her normal meals. She got 1/3 can FF (5% carb) and 2oz of raw (~1% carb) for dinner the same as she got for breakfast this morning. I was going to increase Mary's insulin to 1.75u assuming she would come up again between +9 and PMPS but since she was still gently coming down I'll hold it at 1.5u for one more cycle before raising it.

Mary sends smoochies to everyone!

9. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 7/30 Mary AMPS 400,+6 349,+9 336, PMPS 281

Hi Lisa - it is nice to see Mary back in the yellows. Well done Mary - smoochies back at ya!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.