7/31 Weekend Condo: Busy, busy, busy... DH update, Mannie pics... Happy Weekend L&LL!!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Michelle and Mannie (GA), Jul 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Good Morning Afternoon LL!! :coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee: (YUM! Vanessa outdid herself this morning: PRIMO!) HAPPY SUNDAY to everyone!

LL! It's is I, Vanessa, president and CEO of The Coffee Cat! Life is GOOD! Bug and Lola, Co-CEO's of Paw Prints Pizza are open, and ready for business! They are running a Weekend Special: BBQ Pizzas! Lots of kitteh treats in them pies, tuna, chicken and shrimps! All on their signature catnip crust. It is mega good. They also have a dessert berry pie, lots of whip cream to holds it all together. So.... order early, and party hearty! I have been very busy this weekend too! My special for today is a coffee infused 4 berry frappe. It is mega good, I swear! So..... Coffee time! :coffee::coffee::coffee: For today, I proudly offer Vanessa's special 10 hour energy coffee, and triple shot espressos, with beans from Starbucks Pike Place Market, their original blend, AND.... for all my Mocha fans: a VENTI Quad Blueberry infused white mocha/mocha blend with white chocolate chips melted within, swirled with a raspberry puree, topped with a strawberry infused whip garnished with caramelized berry sprinkles and white chocolate curls and a caramel drizzle.......SWEET! Vanessa's bakery is all stocked for today too: baguettes and croissants and donut holes, including my signature berry jams. They too is mega goods. I made them myself! :cat:

[​IMG]

cat running in grass field.jpg
    Go for it! I've always loved this photo. It reminds me so of kitties from the past, kitties now, and ones I look forward to caring for in the future. Never ever a dull moment when one is owned by a cat. :joyful:

I hope everyone has had a great week. We have been.... well, busy again! :eek::joyful::cool: As I say every week: I just can't imagine not being on the go. ;) It keeps us out of trouble, and makes for great times! Not to mention endless memories. :joyful::joyful::joyful: I often think back on the weeks happenings, and wonder how in the world did we do all that! I know I write this every week, but it really was the same this past week. We have had a week of adventure, and fun, and crazy as we all deal with summer, and sunny warm day. We have been swimming, and to parks, to rivers and creeks, and spray parks, beaches, and had adventures at home too, including a sleepover on Wednesday night. It has been a good week... :):) :cool:

and.... DH UPDATE! Oncology appt on Tuesday, along with a CT Scan looking to see if the cancer is gone, or has come back. I am happy to report that after several months of hell, he is at this point in time cancer free. YAY!!!! They will do another scan in three months to see if that will remain true. Wow, he is one of the lucky ones, and is very very grateful. :woot::woot::woot::woot::woot: He is doing better on his own PT, mainly focusing on walking, to get physical strength back, and ease up his breathing. Small daily kitten steps, but overall he is doing better post cancer post surgery. Recovery will take time, but for now, we can say cancer free, and are very happy about it. :woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::):cool:

Normalcy in Three MusketeerVille The kitties are all doing well, no one is fighting or growling or hissing, sharing of toys and those nanners abound, and life is good to be a cat. It is a cloudy morning here, with one brief sun teaser. This morning was just enough to get kitty hopes up, and then.... back to bed. :smuggrin::rolleyes: They have been so so happy to have such warm sunny days this past week. Bug sleeps in those Mannie sun beams, Lola camps out by the opened but screened door, and Vanessa sleeps in her bed beneath the window. Happy kittehs! There really isn't too much new on the kitty home front. Vanessa continues to bring me kitty toys to play with and share, day an night. I continue to wake up to see that Vanessa had brought me nannera, always setting them all next to my head on my pillow. I opened my eyes to see nothing but those nanners. :woot::joyful: Thank you Vanessa!! :cool: I of course did my duty, and played with them. :joyful: Lola continues to escape... wow on it all. It is a daily occurrence now, at least two a day on most days. We are all getting very good, once again, at making sure she doesn't. Haha, we try, we failed more often than not. Ah Lola... what will we do with you? Yes, I know.... make you a catio! I will, I swear! A few weeks ago I did start the search for someone that can build me one.... :cat: I have found one local company that I like, so hope to be able to connect with them, have them give me an estimate. The past few weeks my youngest son has been doing some yard work for me, and of course be felt obligated to once again take Lola outside, let her play supervised, as much as one can supervise Lola. She was good, stayed in the yard, and had such good kitty fun. She just purrs and purrs when she is outside. :cool: Bug continues to be my laid back mellow kitty. Nothing ever seems to phase him. ;) He is so affectionate, comes by all the time to snuggle, purr and dish but a few head butts. Days have been warmer, not always sunny, but warmer. All three kitties have spent alot of it with noses plastered to the screens of open windows. Catching outdoor sniffs and an occasional breeze no doubt. It has been a good week for Lola, Bug and Vanessa. Normalcy rules in Three MusketeerVille! :cat::cat::cat:

7576 mannie GA.JPG
    Mannie, at home in his "secret" hiding spot. I can remember one afternoon when I looked for over an hour for him, only to find him laughing at the antics of his bean looking everywhere but right under her nose, in this flower planter. :rolleyes::smuggrin:

IMG_0609.JPG
    Mannie's "roost" in NannerVille, a small suburb of MannieLand. He rules the yard from this spot.

IMG_0615.JPG
    Mannie.... :cat:

Our adventures continue. It has indeed been a busy week.The weather has been fabulous! Warm at 75-80, sunny blue skies, all around just plain great. With weather like this our focus has been outdoors, traveling to mountain rivers and lakes and waterfalls. They boys have just thrived on these river trips! We also spent one afternoon at a local city park that has a very nice spray park. Wow on it all. We have been to Whatcom Falls, the Snoqualmie River at twin Falls, and Edmonds City Park and Spray park. The Whatcom Falls trip was so fun. The boys were able to play and swim in the river there. There is a pool at the bottom of the upper falls that Nicholas so wanted to swim in. After a few moments of mustering up the courage in he went! The pool is one with a rocky bottom, once you cannot see, so that had him a bit nervous. Once in though, there was no stopping him! William wanted to too... :rolleyes: Wednesday night was a sleepover night after a trip to the Falls. Ever so fun. These nights we have added a post river pig-out at whatever DQ is in the area. Those Wednesday feats have become as popular as the Friday night burger feasts. Love it! The Snoqaulmie River trip on Thursday was as good as Whatcom Falls. The river level was low enough that I felt is was safe enough for Nicholas to swim in. After his success at Whatcom falls there was no way he was leaving without swimming part of the river. So we chose out place carefully, one where I could see the current was not too fast, and that the distance to travel wasn't too long. Off he went. oh my.... He was ever so excited! We made it possible for William to swim the river too, with Nicholas as his safety net. That was so cute, priceless comes to mind, as big bro helped little bro swim the river. What an exceptional experience for them both. I had such happy excited boys! There is no doubt we will be back for another day there. Friday afternoon was City Park day. They have really nice playground equipment there, and a great spray park. It was 80+ out that afternoon, so off to a spray park we went. Neither Nicholas or William could get enough of the water park, ever so much fun! Of course nobody wanted to leave.... :rolleyes::smuggrin: It goes without saying that we all appreciate the city park visits. We wrapped up the weeks with an evening swimming session for both boys at the Snohomish Aquatic Center. It has indeed been very busy, I was beat by each Friday evening, and I wouldn't change any of it for the world. What a great week it has been. :woot::woot::woot: It has been so fun! It has indeed been a good week for the boys, and their Grammie! :joyful::joyful::joyful:

Nicholas & William: The Snoqualmie River!

Nicholas: Swimming the Snoqualmie River

Nicholas & William: Swimming the Snoqualmie River

Nicholas: The Pool at Whatcom Falls
    (and yes, that is William bellowing in the background that he wanted to swim it too. oh no.... :eek:

P1210911.JPG
    Nicholas: Whatcom Falls. Just behind him are the upper falls.

P1540064.JPG
    Nicholas & William: Whatcom Falls, getting WET!

P1540252.JPG
    Nicholas & William: River FUN at the Snoqualmie River

P1540356.JPG
    Nicholas: Rivesr RULE!

AWESOME WEEK in the pool!
    Nicholas and William have been swimming together this week, before lessons for Nicholas, on a M-F schedule. I hope he will be able to make most of his lessons, but as it was last summer, there are once again issues with the other DGP's that they spend M-Tu with, they don't support the pool, and lessons, and won't bring them. so.... family drama! What can I say. It is is an issue, but we will do what we can, when they are with me, to keep doing what Nicholas, and William, love to do. We started a new session for Nicholas this week, so we shall see what they decide to do. Nicholas leveled up to a new swim class this past session, congrats to our little fishie!! William has taken his swim evaluation test, and was placed in the mid level PS (preschooler) class, that too is really something! WTG WIlliam! I hope to get him started in classes this coming session. :):cool: Nicholas and William do well together in the pool. It can get a little crazy, but really is alot of fun for all, even me. On Friday night, after the Snohomish Pool Swim, the traditional burger feast is still on! Nicholas and I have been doing that for the longest time. It was awesome that William was there to join us. :cool::cool::cool::joyful: SWIMMING RULES!!! As always, we are grateful for our time in the pool. It has all enabled to boys to explore another aspect of growing up, one they really enjoy. It has just become the norm for us, we go each week, and just never tire of it. It proves to be such fun for both boys, and their excitement with it all has not wavered.
    GO NICHOLAS! GO WILLIAM !! [​IMG][​IMG]

Nicholas & William: Pool FUN!

P1220255.JPG
    Nicholas & William: FUN TIMES!

P1220237.JPG
    William: Down Under... Energizer Fishie in training... :cool::joyful:

For my own personal time, I continue to hike the local trails here when I can, mainly at Meadowdale and Picnic Point. It is great to have such good places to go to when time permits. I cannot be more grateful. This past week there was no hike for me, as hike day was taken over by DH and oncology. During his scan appt I did take time to walk down to Freeway Park, and walk there. That was nice, topped off with a good oncology appt for DH. :):):):joyful::joyful::joyful::cool::cool::cool:

Have a great Weekend everyone! It is rather low-key here... I've spent Caturday catching on home duties, and managed a few local hikes and walks. Today is another beach walk, and then financials. Been a while since I have reviewed the $$$ aspect of life. :rolleyes: Even so...The weekends have been as busy as the weekdays, but per the norm: FUN RULES!

KITTIES!! Remember: BLUE, think GREEN :cat::cat::cat:

[​IMG]

Linda and Bear Man and Dyana like this.
  2. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

So good to see another news-packed condo from you, Michelle. First [​IMG] on the DH report! I'm sure you're [​IMG]about that!

As always, love the status report on the kitties. So nice to hear they are all getting along and have their own niches. LOVE the nanner gifts! How sweet. I'll bet Mannie put her up to that. ;)

As for the boys...whew! Let me sit down and rest for a minute after that! Good thing you do all that hiking, keeping in shape, or you'd never keep up with all that activity. Life is indeed good. :) Your weather is awesome. I think I want to move there!

3. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Great report! Thanks for letting us have the rain this week. :)
    Liz

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I love the pictures of Mannie. I'm glad the kitties are doing well. The boys look like they're having so much fun in those videos. Great news for your DH.

5. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Super that DH is well and everyone else too.

6. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

HAPPY MONDAY EVERYONE! Can you believe that is also the first of August???? Where has the summer gone.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    This just cracked me up.... Been there done that...

@tiffmaxee , @Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey , @carfurby , @Anne & Zener GA - THX everyone! DH is so very grateful. We hope, and believe that the next scan will be as good as this one! He may have beaten the odds, and that is very cool!

@Anne & Zener GA - so that is where our rains went.... We have been more or less rain free fr a few weeks now. Incredible for us. I am glad that someone can use all that wet. Maybe share some with CA? :joyful:

@carfurby , @Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey - thanks on the kitties. I am so grateful that they are well, healthy and just being cool kitties. So much fun to have three of them with such different personalities. :cool: Me too on the nanner gifts. I had two this morning! :woot: It is such a Mannie thing that I am sure he put her up to it, showed her how to cart them here there and everywhere yet keep them in such good condition. HAHA! Bug on the other hand, when he can get one, destroys them by days end. :eek::joyful: HAHA: maybe that is why Vanessa will on occasion hiss and hiss and hiss: Don't mess with the nanners. That too is very Mannie-like. THX too on the boys! I do work at keeping the legs and the rest of me in "shape", as those boys do not stop, and why not have some of the fun too! :p :cool::):):):) Add good weather: prefect!

Anne & Zener GA likes this.
  7. Melissa & Tarragon

Melissa & Tarragon Well-Known Member

Great great news on DH!! :bighug::bighug::bighug: He has such a great support system with all of you.

Love the pictures of Mannie. Miss that big guy.

Oh wow on the swimming! I remember when Nicholas first tested and how long it took him to do it because he was scared. Way to go William and way to go Nicholas!!

Have a great week Michelle!

8. suki & crystal (GA)

suki & crystal (GA) Well-Known Member

Wonderful news Michelle on your DH, all those L&L vines and prayers must have helped! Great to see some Mannie pics.

9. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Morning everyone, Happy Tuna Tuesday! Kitteh barista Vanessa is hard at work on some Hot Tuna Toddies, as it is a drizzly cool day here in the PNW...

tuna tuesday.jpg

@Melissa & Tarragon , @suki & crystal (GA) - THX guys! DH is one lucky man, a very grateful man. We hope future scans areas good. We think they will be. :joyful: Miss the Bug Guy too... I was thinking of Mannie yesterday, as I watched his nanners being carted all over the house by Vanessa, and Bug was catching those Mannie sunbeams. Lola was wishing she could carry on his outside legacy... :eek::rolleyes: Such great memories! :):)

@Melissa & Tarragon - oh YES (!!!) on remembering Nicholas and that silly swim test so he could be assigned a class! I had been talking to a friend about that very same thing this weekend. it took Nicholas close to a year before he'd take that test! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: And look at him now. He LOVES his lessons. I suspect it will be the same with William. Water rats for sure!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.