7/8 Ruby AMPS 245/+4 297/+6 227/+9 207/PMPS 137/+2 55/+2.5 67/+3 75

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Katherine&Ruby, Jul 8, 2021.

1. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

Yesterday.

Ruby was super affectionate and playful last night. There’s an empty apartment below us and we let the cats roam and explore last night (we own the building so we can do this!) and now all they want to do is go down and hang out in the new place. :rolleyes:

Ruby dipped briefly into greens last night. Will see how she does today but if no greens I may bump her up to 1 unit. She has acupuncture this evening, DBF will be taking her, so she will probably be a bit high today. We shall see.

@Suzanne & Darcy Yes, I put SEB in food and that helps a lot with all that ails both cats.

Surf safely today, kitties! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

2. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

3. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

Will that be a new experience for Frank? Or is he well-versed in Qi, Yin, Yang and the ways of the East? ;).

I’ve been using SEB on one of my guys (Richard the Lionhearted) and it seems to be helping him. He is a very good eater, but so far I have been mixing it into some ham baby food for him and, needless to say, he gobbles it up!

So fun for those girls having a new place to explore! Hope your Libre holds out and gives you good data today. ​

Katherine&Ruby likes this.
  4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Of course they want to go to the new place now. I hope Ruby slides down today.

5. Suzanne & Darcy

Hope the acupuncture went! well today and Ruby is feeling well from it! I hope you had a good day, Katherine!

6. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

So glad to see greens! Oncologist appointment coming up quickly. Hope she feels better after acupuncture

7. Katherine&Ruby

So we canceled the acupuncture appointment. There was a massive thunderstorm and flooding in the house and in the streets, with warnings not to drive in case of flash flooding. There were entire subway stations submerged by water at rush hour. So we will do acupuncture at a later date. Getting her there would have been so stressful that it would undo any benefits of the treatment.

Ruby's Libre is going in and out. Looks like it's probably on its last legs. We can go back to blood testing, but bummed that it has barely lasted a week. We'll see if it comes back. Seems like this is a problem among the Libre2 sensors.

Because Ruby's barely seen greens in the past few days, I increased her dose to 1 unit. Will keep an eye on her tonight.

Suzanne & Darcy and FrostD like this.
  8. Marj & Djoko

Marj & Djoko Member

Does she play with it with her mouth? Djoko would wear a bb pj. Not ideal I understand but it did not seem to bother him and the Libre would last 14 days. Without it, within an hour, it was gone!

9. Suzanne & Darcy

I’m glad you are safe. Do you take the subway to get to work? Are y’all getting the rain from Else already (like we had yesterday) or is it just heavy rain?

Katherine&Ruby likes this.
  10. Katherine&Ruby

I put the Libre on Ruby's neck and it seems to be a much better place for it than the last two times we tried it. She has a Kitty Kollar on so it covers it quite well. The problem is due to a malfunction in the sensor, I believe, and nothing to do with Ruby scratching at it. The sensor is still stuck onto her well.

Marj & Djoko likes this.
  11. Katherine&Ruby

I take a bus and then the subway. The line I had to take to get home was not affected by the weather, thankfully, but other commuters were not as lucky. This is part of Elsa. I believe the worst will be over by tomorrow morning.

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  12. Katherine&Ruby

+2 = 55. Huge drop from PMPS, fed her a spoon of MC.

13. Katherine&Ruby

+3 = 75. Coming back up on her own, no food since +2. Hope she doesn't bounce too high from this and I can keep her on this dose for a while.

14. Marj & Djoko

Marj & Djoko Member

Call the company. They may send you one for free. It happened to me too and I called them and they send one for free!