7/8 Templeton AMPS 457 Holding steady, caliper time

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by smorgasbord, Jul 8, 2021.

1. smorgasbord

smorgasbord Well-Known Member

1/2 unit needles are here, and calipers have been procured. Now I just need to find that caliper dosing thread...

Decided to leave him at 1.5 until tomorrow morning so I can leave the house today!
    I volunteer at a church benefit shop every Thursday and didn't make it last week because I wanted to monitor him.
    If his AMPS is higher than low 200s per Wendy's recommendation, I'll up his dose to 1.75.
    Maybe we will even get lucky and as Bhooma said, the transition to entirely LC, (not even a smattering of kibble or MC wet), could still be in effect and his numbers will continue to get lower!

https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/thr...ht-or-hold-for-10-cycles.249550/#post-2815682

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

smorgasbord likes this.
  3. Ann & Sister

Ann & Sister Member

Wow, I did not know calipers were a thing. Just watched the videos. I was noticing difficulty in drawing up 0.1U with my BD ultra fine syringes and wondering exactly which part of them are "ultra fine" because it is certainly not that black plunger which seems to sit at a slant half the time.

4. smorgasbord

Haha. Seriously, the plunger, depending on what side you look at it, it like .25 units difference.

Katherine&Ruby likes this.
  5. Bandit's Mom

Curious to see if he gives you any green tonight after that yellow PMPS!

6. smorgasbord

Nope, got +2 234 and then went to bed. Upped to 1.75 today, maybe we'll get better numbers.

ETA: Oh wait, was I supposed to get more readings before sleeping after his +2? Crap. I thought that was in the safe range of going down after PMPS. 284 to 234. 366 AT to 314AT fwiw.

7. Bandit's Mom

That was a decent drop at +2. Another test later in the cycle would have been good :)

Good luck with the increase!

smorgasbord likes this.