? 7/9 Noodles AMPS 196 +4 117 +7 59 +9 68 PMPS 74 Thoughts on dosing?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sara&Noodles, Sep 7, 2020.

1. Sara&Noodles

Sara&Noodles New Member

Already gave just a drop of insulin tonight because I know even if I stalled it wouldn’t be high enough for me to be comfortable giving a full dose. But just wondering what anyone’s thoughts are on her sudden beautiful numbers and what I should do with my dosing.

Thanks!

2. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

Get a +1 if you can, and a +2 definitely.
    What does ZL mean on your spreadsheet?

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I'm guessing ZL means zero line? We have a dose called 0.1 units that might be close to that. Maybe change the ZL to be 0.1 units, so people will be familiar with what the dose it.

Good luck with the drop dose - looks like she still needs a little insulin. Did you ever try counting the drops in your ZL dose? Might be interesting to see who many that is and the difference between that and a drop. It may depend on the type of syringes you are using.

4. Sara&Noodles

Sara&Noodles New Member

Okay. I’ll get those. The ZL is Zero Line.

5. Sara&Noodles

Sara&Noodles New Member

I can change it to that. I never did count the drops but I did double check that I only had one drop for tonight. I can count the drops in the morning when I get a dirty syringe :)
    Do you think I should try the drop dose for the morning as well?

6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Unless you find there were were a lot of drops in your ZL dose, I would stick with the drop dose in the AM. To count the drops, start with that used syringe and load it with some coloured liquid like tea or juice to what is your ZL dose. Slowly twist the plunger until you get a drop. Practice trying to get the same sized drop each time. Then try counting the drops in ZL. The reason I asked is because at one point the BD syringes I used had such bad zero line markings, that there was over 1/3 of a unit below the line.

7. Sara&Noodles

Sara&Noodles New Member

Her +1 is 101

8. Sara&Noodles

Sara&Noodles New Member

Yes I know all about the bad zero lines! I’ve been using a caliper after having issues the first few days of using these Syringes so I know I’ve been giving her consistent doses but I couldn’t tell you how much is before the zero line compared to a unit. Thanks for the tip. I will count the drops in the morning.