7th April Jasmine PMPS~225 • +5~45 • +5.5~58

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by flyingduster, Apr 6, 2019.

1. flyingduster

flyingduster Member

It’s been a while. I’m making a post for comradarie right now. Clinically Jazz seems fine. Scoffing food beside me as I type. I think she is fine but damn that’s her lowest low and it’s 2am so feeling lonely as I stay up.

2. flyingduster

flyingduster Member

so Life has been busy the past wee bit and I have played it safe and just kept her dose the same because it was so damn predictable in the pinks and yellows.

Anyway, I do a full curve last week exactly with intentions of potentially increasing her dose, and she comes down in to the greens on the curve!?? Two days in a row! She did have one later shot prior to then that may have set off a bounce?? I don’t know, but now the rest of this week has just been up and down like a yoyo! This morning in the black and now she’s in the light green!!!!! Argh.

3. flyingduster

flyingduster Member

Aaaand 20 mins later after she’s eaten and gone back to snuggled in her bed, she’s at 58.

She is purring and happy and ate her regular low carb food well. I think she is fine and will check her again in a half hour but then hopefully can go back to bed for a bit.

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

5. flyingduster

flyingduster Member

Thanks for finding my last post!
    I ended up heading to bed. I checked her in another hour and it was steady and she got up to go eat so I could see it rising pretty quickly once her food kicked in and left her to it. I intended to get up again but accidentally turned my alarm off rather than snoozed it while feeding the baby so we fell back to sleep!

Anyway, she’s now up in the pinks with only a half hour until her shot. Of course.

Do I decrease or just hold her steady? She’s probably gonna bounce today after that low, and while it was a low number, she wasn’t hypo in symptoms at all.

In herself she’s good! There are some days she doesn’t eat great but I can keep her eating. She might only have one can of friskies those days. Other days she will scoff 2-3 cans easily. But otherwise she is talkative and she’s not as very skinny as she was and seems fine.

6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Since she is a relatively newly diagnosed cat, I would try the reduction. Since you know she is bouncing, you could try a trick we call shooting through the bounce, where you shoot the old higher dose once, before reducing back the following cycle. This can help the bounce a bit. Note, for cats who don’t bounce much, this isn’t a good idea.

We don’t want to hold the dose until we see hypo symptoms. We prefer to call it a low numbers event. Some cats don’t show hypo symptoms until way too low. Holding a dose where she goes can be dangerous if her pancreas is healing.

flyingduster likes this.
  7. flyingduster

flyingduster Member

That makes sense. So give her regular dose this morning cos she’s a bouncy kitty but reduce tonight.

Wendy&Neko likes this.
  8. flyingduster

flyingduster Member

Her AMPS was 418! So bouncy.

9. flyingduster

flyingduster Member

And just for fun, here are some recent photos of Jazz.

Relaxing on the lawn. I was trying to get photos of my dog on her birthday, but Jazz has to get in on it. Lol
    1448E503-8F1A-4C51-9689-B526E40A5019.jpeg

And I knitted this wee gnome and was taking photos of him when Jazz had to get in on that too. Hehehe.
    26646B37-C14B-4629-80CF-94B4F92F7396.jpeg

Wendy&Neko likes this.