8/06 Bruno pspm: 279 +2:254 +4:149 +10: 155

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by aochoa, Aug 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aochoa

aochoa Member

Yesterday: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=123010

Still waiting for the dose to settle, he looks fine but super hungry all the time! I know cats as dogs will eat as much as you give them and will want more, but every time I walk in the kitchen or seem walking near him, he rushes to stand next to his plate. Does this mean something?

2. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

Re: 8/06 Bruno psam: 369 +1.40: 362

it's possible he's having some lower numbers mid-cycle, ana. even though it looks like he's high based upon the preshots, we can see that he's a kitty very able to go from high numbers to normal to high, all in one cycle. Looking at Aug 3rd, he went 364-142-414 in the day cycle. Some cats do that - the goal is to get them to flatten out if possible, so they stop the fast drops. A fast drop (more than about 50 points in an hour) can trigger a subsequent bounce, even if the cat doesn't get into low numbers.

When your next day off comes around, i think i'd consider a dose increase. You might be able to smooth out his bouncing by keeping him from dropping too quickly. Breaking up breakfast/dinner into 3 mini meals and giving them at preshot, +1 and +2 can help some cats keep from dropping so quickly. Might be worth trying. This is a good post that has a discussion on feeding curves. http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=119642

edited - i wanted to add this post as well. I think a little more insulin is likely needed, when you're able to monitor, of course, and with some food manipulating, the combination of those 2 might help you get Bruno a little better regulated.

3. aochoa

aochoa Member

Re: 8/06 Bruno psam: 369 +1.40: 362 pspm: 279

I just saw Punkin on the 2014 calendar! :D

Pspm he seems to get a little lower. The problem is that as long as I cannot fix the feeder I also don't know at what time he ate, and I have the impression he never eats a lot after food unfrozen. So maybe the lower number is because he haven't it for a long time, because he is hungry when I come home. And he wants to eat and eat. Usually, I feed him at shot time, and after 2 hours, when I check him again. Basically, since he is not use to treats I give a little food after BG test.

I also have the impression he needs more insulin, he was only very few days on 0.75 and immediately came down. Let's see how goes tonight is 2nd day on 0.5u and I think they sometimes need 3 days to get the dose settle? So 4th day will be Saturday and I have the weekend to realize what to do. Is a problem when cats don't want to go by the book! ohmygod_smile

4. aochoa

aochoa Member

Re: 8/06 Bruno pspm: 279 +2:254 +4:149

We were going just fine and then between +2 and +4 here comes the more than 100 difference and he ate at +2. I also fed him another tbs at +4. Will take a nap and wake up in 2 hours, at +6 (his nadir) to see how he is doing.

Another night without sleep, don't get it. :?:

5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Re: 8/06 Bruno pspm: 279 +2:254 +4:149

Nice blue! Cats often like to go lower at night. Neko did a stretch of about 6 months last year where she only did her lows at night, then bounced during the day. It was very tiring! @-) Once she flattened out some, she started doing greens both day and night.

6. aochoa

aochoa Member

If I recall correctly I also saw Neko on the calendar last year!

Yes, this schedule is making me tired, so tired I set the alarm at 2am (+6) and didnĀ“t hear it at all, I heard something around 4:50 am! ohmygod_smile

I think he might have reach greens at nadir, but not sure, since each of his cycles is different, we never have the same.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.