? 8/10 Taco AMPS 182 Dosing Advise

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Brandi & Taco, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Brandi & Taco

Brandi & Taco Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...d-a-hypo-today-long-post.232366/#post-2598345

(Copying my post from last night and posting again since the board was kinda quiet)

It's been a while since I've posted but I think I'm in need of some advice again. I've been trying to do this myself because I thought I had the hang of it but I'm feeling pretty insecure again. I think I may have unnecessarily upped his dose when he was at 5U and now it's just gotten crazy. He was doing so well there for a while. I know there is such a thing as giving them too much insulin and at this point IDK what to do. :(

I've also started giving him Methyl B12 because his back legs seem to be getting weaker.

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Has he been tested for high dose conditions? He’s getting up there. Since you saw green I’d wait and increase tomorrow night if you don’t see green again. I think he’s bouncing.

3. Brandi & Taco

Brandi & Taco Member

I don't know anything about testing for high dose conditions. I'm assuming that would be a vet visit. ?
    And yeah, he's been all over the place recently. I wasn't sure if I should keep upping it or maybe reduce to see if he's just getting too much. Looking back on the SS I should have held it at 5 a bit longer. I'm so lost right now.
    Also, not to mention the cost! He's been going thru a pen of Lantus in about a month. :/

4. tiffmaxee

There’s IAA and Acro. I dint know a lot about them but you can read on their forum. Does Taco mind those doses? Does it seem to sting? Some have better luck with lev. Wendy is on vacation but have her look at your ss when she’s back.

You did have a good run of green but then that stopped. I don’t think too much insulin would cause that. I think you would see potential hypo numbers if too much.

Brandi & Taco likes this.
  5. Brandi & Taco

Brandi & Taco Member

Thank you for the recommendation for those forums, I'll check them out! As far as his shots go, he doesn't mind them at all and doesn't even flinch.
    Thanks for your advise. :)

6. tiffmaxee

That’s good. I’ve read that when the dose gets around yours some cats find it stings. If you need to increase again keep that in mind. I hope the bounce clears and you see green.

Brandi & Taco likes this.