8-10 TYLER AMPS- 102/96@+4/PMPS-109/67@+2.5/81@+4.25

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Diane Tyler's Mom, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...5-pmps-115-85-3-5-97-7-5.233388/#post-2608479

Noted on spreadsheet all along I thought I was shooting 0.10 units, but when I was looking at the syringe it was closer to 0.25 units. You will see 0.25 units in the cell now but this is
    NOT AN INCREASE I HAVE BEEN SHOOTING THE SAME AMOUNT I HAVE BEEN SHOOTING ALL ALONG

I INCREASED TYLER'S DOSE TO 0.5 UNITS LAST NIGHT 6-15 -20 NIGHT CYCLE

I INCREASED TYLER'S DOSE TO 0.75 UNITS ON 7-3-20 AM CYCLE

I INCREASED TYLER'S DOSE TO 1 UNIT ON 7-16-20 AM CYCLE

I INCREASED TYLER'S DOSE TO 1.25 UNITS ON 7-23-20 AM CYCLE

I INCREASED TYLERS DOSE TO 1.5 UNITS ON 8-2-20 AM CYCLE

Have a nice day everyone and that all our kitties surf safely :cat:
    I finally put in Tyler's labs and his brother Perry's who has kidney disease, hope no one minds

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice start for Tyler. I hope he slides down and surfs safely. Did you feed at +9 last night?

3. Diane Tyler's Mom

@carfurby I fed him @+7.5
    I did this once before when it was suggested to me and I did start to see green pre shots, maybe I'll try that for about 6 cycles and see what happens before increasing

carfurby (GA) likes this.
  4. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Almost green there.

Diane Tyler's Mom likes this.
  5. Diane Tyler's Mom

Hi Paula almost , how are you doing Paula

6. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Doing ok. Getting use to new normal is tough.

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  7. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

8. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

I was looking at Tyler’s SS in response to your question on dose. I read yesterday’s condo.

First, we do not usually do a +9 meal unless the kitty is very close to going OTJ and just has blue “bookends” that are typically 120 and below. It’s not a method I would recommend for Tyler, IMHO.

Second, he’s generally getting good nadirs and it’s just the PSs that are a concern for you. In this case, you have to decide what nadirs you are comfortable with and not worry about those blue PSs. For example, if most nadirs in the 70s-80s are your goal (and that’s a very good goal), leave the dose a few more cycles and see what happens. If you don’t mind dealing with nadirs on the 50s-60s, then increase to 1.75u but keep up the monitoring. Sometimes it doesn’t take many cycles to get things moving.

The other thing to keep in mind is Tyler’s body doesn’t know the difference between nadirs in the 50s and nadirs in the 80s. In this instance, I’d go with whatever you can handle to keep him safe. Sometimes doses stay the same for a very long time and that’s fine as long as his nadirs are in the normal range and the preshots are mid to lower blue. The PSs will eventually fall in line.

Does that help?

Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
  9. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

A dose increase to 1.75U sounds like a good idea Diane.

Diane Tyler's Mom likes this.
  10. Diane Tyler's Mom

Yes it helps very much @Marje and Gracie
    I understand what you are talking about.
    So when you say bookends 120 and below I assume you are referring to thevAM and PM pre shots is that correct? Which Tyler's are not

I was under the assumption that it wasn't good to stay with the same dose for more than 6-10 cycles as some have told me

Is it bad if I stay with the same dose for now if I wanted to as long as he is showing me nadirs between 70 and 80?

When I look at his SS it looks like to me when he gives me a green they are the lowest at + 3 and at +4 starting as of 8-1
    Then everything after that they are either high 80's or middle 90's
    When would you say that Tyler's nadirs happen because the numbers aren't consistent.
    About his blue pre shots that I am concerned about, so as long as he is getting decent pre shots, not too high then that's OK?
    He did give me 4 green pre shots since 8-1 but that's about it.

I think I will give it a few more cycles at 1.5 units and see what he does .
    Thank you Marje ♥:bighug::cat:

Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
    Deb & Wink and Marje and Gracie like this.
  11. Diane Tyler's Mom

@Deb & Wink thank you Deb , I think I will give it a few more cycles at the 1.5 units ♥:bighug:
    :cat:

Deb & Wink likes this.
  12. Marje and Gracie

Yes, exactly.

It’s not good to stay with a dose that isn’t working for more than six cycles. But that isn’t the case with Tyler.

I don’t usually like to cut and paste info and quotes but if you haven’t ever read Tilly’s on diabetes (which was the first iteration of TR and was written by Kirsten Roomp of the TR authors Roomp and Rand):

Please note I added the bold to draw your attention.

It is absolutely not bad. One of the former moderators and amazingly knowledgeable members here, Libby, told me that nadirs of 70-80 was a very good and realistic goal. Obviously, if the nadirs are there but the bounces or PSs are up into high blue and above all the time, I’d increase the dose. But, if Tyler were mine, I’d give him some more cycles at this dose. He’s getting into some good, healing BGs. Libby also said, “don’t chase the numbers; be patient and let them come to you”. Again....she was talking about cats that look like Tyler, not bouncy cats that dip their toes in green and go back up.

The PSs, especially AMPS, are often the last to come down in a lot of cats about to go into remission. But if you start seeing any trends of increased PSs above 150 and nadirs climbing consistently towards 90, I’d increase.

You’re welcome!

13. Diane Tyler's Mom

Thank you so very much for all this info.
    I did read everything.
    I'll try not to concentrate on his pre shots
    I can't thank you enough, one last question , I had to post it below ♥:bighug::cat:

14. Diane Tyler's Mom

When I look at his SS it looks like to me when he gives me a green they are the lowest at + 3 and at +4 starting as of 8-1
    Then everything after that they are either high 80's or middle 90's
    When would you say that Tyler's nadirs happen because the numbers aren't consistent.
    @Marje and Gracie

Deb & Wink likes this.
  15. Marje and Gracie

I did see that you asked that but I don’t see a pattern of that so it doesn’t bother me. For example, last night at +3.5, he was 85 and when you checked at +7 (after typical nadir), he was 97. That’s pretty flat. In fact, I only see one instance on 8/5 where he was down at +2.5 and up at +6. Again, I wouldn’t let it bother me.

Deb & Wink and Diane Tyler's Mom like this.
  16. Diane Tyler's Mom

@Marje and Gracie
    I'm not going to let it bother me at all. I just have to stop over thinking things lol
    I can't thank you enough for setting my mind at ease.
    Have a nice night Marje and kisses for those soft adorable kitties ♥:bighug::cat:

Deb & Wink likes this.