8/11 Bruno amps: 360 pmps: 387 +2: 353

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by aochoa, Aug 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aochoa

aochoa Member

Today shot time was 15 minutes earlier because I needed to drop the car at the service station. I will not have a car for a week or so, need to estimate transportation time in public transportation to be on time for shooting time. :-|

Yesterday: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=123278

2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Re: 8/11 Bruno amps: 360

Adjusting your shot time by 15 min. shouldn't have any effect.

What kind of ear drops is Bruno getting? Many of the ear drops contain steroids so there may be an effect on his numbers.

3. aochoa

aochoa Member

Re: 8/11 Bruno amps: 360 pmps: 387

Drops are called kandibiotic, it supposed to be a broad spectrum antibiotic for bacteria and fungus for the ears. Today is second day and we need to use them for 5 days and hopefully he will be heal. If not, we will need another visit to the vet. I know ear infections can be a pain and are quite hard to eradicate. Bruno has been on Lantus for almost 4 months without being able to stabilize him. If after ear infection he keeps bouncing, I think we might consider switching to Levemir.

4. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

Levemir is a good insulin. We usually encourage people to give it 6 months and then consider another insulin if the first one isn't satisfactory.

one factor to consider is that if Bruno has an infection, that is known to drive up numbers. As infections clear we often see cat's BGs come down. I'd give it a month after his ears are done to see if he's going to heal and if that will bring down his blood sugar.

Cobb just switched from Lantus to Lev about a week ago. You can see what his spreadsheet looks like.

Rocky just healed from an infection - he's on an OTJ trial right now. He was still on Lantus. Might be another interesting spreadsheet for you to look at.

5. aochoa

aochoa Member

Hi Julie, I reply yo you on my today post. Have a great day! Mine is almost ending.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.