8/11 Oberon +10 339, AMPS 352, +3 294, +6 301, PMPS 382, +3 348

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Lisa & Oberon, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Lisa & Oberon

Lisa & Oberon Well-Known Member

yesterday: https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...ew-lantus-for-pm-pmps-404-2-326-4-330.233431/

Oberon has been out of remission for about a month, and I feel like I'm not making much progress toward getting his BG down. I'm sort of starting from scratch today, courtesy of a missed shot yesterday morning and a new Lantus pen that might be stronger than the old stuff I was using up until now. I've been testing frequently enough that I'm wondering whether I should just go ahead and switch to TR since I'm home most of the time and can monitor easily. If I'm reading the protocol right, it sounds like I would still hold the current starting dose for 7 days before adjusting, right? Or would I do something different right now?

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Are you still feeding Young Again dry? If yes then you need to stick with SLGS. IF not, you don’t need to wait 7 days to increase. The count would start over now and you could increase in 5 days. A second remission is harder to achieve but many have so being more aggressive can help reach your goal but not if you are feeding dry food.

Lisa & Oberon and Briere Fur Mom like this.
  3. Lisa & Oberon

Lisa & Oberon Well-Known Member

I'm free feeding the Young Again dry for the other cats; he nibbles at it occasionally but prefers the canned FF. But with four cats it's hard to tell who's really eating what, and he might be having more overnight when I'm not watching. Sounds like I need to stick with SLGS for now.

tiffmaxee likes this.