8/12/20 Little amps 124

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Lisa and little, Aug 12, 2020.

1. Lisa and little

Lisa and little Well-Known Member

Started a new thread as requested. I did take all of those reductions. Just didn’t take the full .25 but shaved the dose instead. Thanks for all the input and no... you didn’t scare me. lol. I appreciate everyone looking out for my girl and everyone here. Think I’m still mis interpreting comment we’ve been discussing tho. I have always reduced if 3 in 40s or 1 under 40
    Seems like there is some conflicting info regarding “some cats needing to be in the 40s”

thebigfuzz and Briere Fur Mom like this.
  2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

That statement is why you are reducing after three times under 50 or three times in the 40’s.

@Marje and Gracie Would you clarify? Thanks.

3. Briere Fur Mom

Briere Fur Mom Well-Known Member

I looked over the thread that the confusion is over. I'm going to copy and paste some replies from the thread and try to help ease the confusion.....hopefullyo_O:smuggrin:

Copied/pasted your reply #5
    She did in fact go below 50 3 times on 3.75 and hit a 35 on 3.5 so I believe the reductions were warranted. Am I missing something?

Copied/ Pasted Sienne's reply #6
    Nope. I wasn't criticizing the reductions. I just was reacting to your concern over the numbers in the 30s. It's a bit nerve wracking that the longer term FD kitties have to drop so low. Some members forget about the cat needing to be under 40.

Is this what some of the confusion is over?.....Some members forget about the cat needing to be under 40(Sienne quote). If it is, what I think Sienne is referring to is the drop below 40 and reducing. Just some members forget that when their kitty drops below 40 into the 30s it's an automatic reduction of .25u, no ifs and or buts. You don't shave the dose on those type of drops. If perhaps, your kitty drops below 50 into the 40s and doesn't hold reductions well than you can shave the dose. I've done this with Moey but, did it before he hit the 3 times below 40 reduction limit. Hope that made sense

tiffmaxee likes this.
  4. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

First, can you please add the date to your thread?

Perhaps this post on Reductions will help you. Any time your kitty drops below 40 once, you should absolutely take a 0.25u reduction. If you are reducing after three drops between 40-50 on separate days, you should also take a full 0.25u reduction.

tiffmaxee likes this.
  5. Lisa and little

Lisa and little Well-Known Member

Ok. Got it. That’s what I always thought. Guess I was interpreting that one comment differently as if I was OVER concerned about drops into the 30s which is why I was thrown. The only other time have had a drop into the 30s with regard to that thread was on 7/9 and I did take the .25 reduction the next shot. my brain is pretty fried from working longer hours from home so maybe I just didn’t process that right. Thank you all so very much. All of you are invaluable to me and my girl